Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BearCWY

BearCWY Well-Known Member

:love029: :love055:

2. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

I just picked up a new aftershave.
    [​IMG]

3. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

:signs011: +1

Douglas Carey, BearCWY and ob1page like this.
  4. BearCWY

+1 you have to tell us how well it works on you! :happy102:

5. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

Thu. 7/14/16

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Today was my first shave with the Schick Fashion Razor and after three passes I am dolphin smooth but not with ease. I loaded this razor with a Twin blade and given the unorthodox shape of it I found it easy to figure out how to grip it whilst shaving. The problem for me is the inefficiency I encountered with this razor particularly XTG for my tough whiskers. The sheer amount of strokes required to mow down my growth even with a Twin blade made this shave feel too much like work rather than pleasure for me. Back to my trusty PAL Injecto-Matic tomorrow. Have a great day folks. :)

6. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

SOTD July 14, 2016

Blade: Chinese Schick (1)
    Razor: Schick G1
    Brush: Semogue 1520 boar
    Lather: La Toja
    WTG, touch-up

Cold Water.jpg

Same setup as the last two days. I'm trying to power through the remaining La Toja! It's good stuff, but I have other samples I'd like to try and don't have room for more containers.

Nice shave today. I spent a little more time around the point of my chin and jaw line because yesterday I was negligent in those areas. Better results today! Loaded a new Chick blade and all was well. The Semogue brush feels stiff at first but with a soak before hand and good loading it turns into a nice and soft face lathering machine. I've enjoyed using it.

Have a great day!

SOTD 7-14-16.JPG

7. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Today was my first shave with the Schick Fashion Razor and after three passes I am dolphin smooth but not with ease. I loaded this razor with a Twin blade and given the unorthodox shape of it I found it easy to figure out how to grip it whilst shaving. The problem for me is the inefficiency I encountered with this razor particularly XTG for my tough whiskers. The sheer amount of strokes required to mow down my growth even with a Twin blade made this shave feel too much like work rather than pleasure for me. Back to my trusty PAL Injecto-Matic tomorrow. Have a great day folks. :)[/quote]

Bummer - consider a Personna blade next time. The Hussy does clog faster than most razors in my experience but it shouldn't require so many strokes. Glad you got a great end result. :) Great pic!

8. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Same one my benevolent Den brother @Rufus T. piffed me... @Karl G ....wishing you the same highest quality shaves as my Schick Simplified Automatic C3 has given me....

9. Robyflexx

Bummer - consider a Personna blade next time. The Hussy does clog faster than most razors in my experience but it shouldn't require so many strokes. Glad you got a great end result. :) Great pic![/quote]
    Thanks Karl, it did clog quite a bit but was easy enough to rinse and I hate the Personna injector blades. I will revisit the razor, eventually. :)

10. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

July 14, 2016

July Focus on two non-Schick razors:
    • PAL InjectoMatic (3-Chick, 1-Dutch)
    • Personna Floating Head (3-Personna*74)

07-14-16.JPG

Razor: PAL InjectoMatic
    Blade: Schick NOS Dutch (1)

Hot shower, cold-water shave.
    One-day growth, one-pass shave - ATG

First three shaves with this razor during my focus was with the Schick China blade.
    Admittedly, a great deal of those shaves were spent experimenting with angles and then perfecting muscle memory with the optimum angle for the razor. I have gotten three very good shaves. In fact yesterday’s shave left me with minimal stubble suitable for a one-pass ATG shave today - my best indicator of a close shave the day before.

But today’s shave, my first with the NOS Dutch, was a notch above.
    I just felt it was sharper and smoother. My best indicator of in-shave smoothness is how the ATG pass on my chin performs. (I have a mustache so no upper lip ATG indicator.) The ATG on the chin with the Dutch was much smoother than the Chick.

I did not chase or do touch-ups with either blade. This shave just feels better during and after. No doubt, both blades performed extremely well in this razor and I’m probably just splitting hairs here :happy108:(get it? just could’t resist that one!) but the Dutch was clearly the better blade today. (as usual - YMMV)

Tomorrow I will try a Dutch in the Personna FH for comparison.
    I will spend next week continuing to get familiar with both razors and then alternate razors each day of the last week of the month for side-by-side comparisons.

Cheers!
    RT

11. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

Roby, sorry to hear about the experience.

Just an observation and a personal preference -
    Anytime I shave with a new razor I go to my dependable workhorse blade. One that I am comfortable using in any razor. It may not wind up being my favorite blade in that razor, but most importantly, my trust in it allows me to get familiar with the razor first - in term of all its attributes, optimal angle, etc. Once comfortable with the razor, then I shift to different blades.

Also, I too was not wowed with my first use of an H. The form factor was so unusual to other injectors that it took almost a month-long focus before I really understood it and learned its potential.

Anyway, just my two cents. I've enjoyed watching your journey through your new injector love and I'm reminded of my own. I haven't found a single injector that I did not like. Just varying degrees of favorites! :happy088:

Cheers!
    RT

12. Robyflexx

Thank you for your insight and words of encouragement RT. I will revisit it in the near future but for tomorrow I am back on the PAL train. :)............:transport022:

13. Mustache

Mustache Well-Known Member

Planned razor for tomorrow... software to be determined.
    [​IMG]

Also, side note, I found this video pretty good. At least for those of us more into Gillettes than the Schicks.

14. BearCWY

I love seeing these vintage repeaters, someday I'll own one!:)

15. Mustache

I lucked out big time on this one.

16. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

Actually I really liked that video.

For a shaver just starting out with injectors it's invaluable from the perspective of an intro to Schick injectors and an opening into the injector world. I wouldn't have bothered asked the wise men around here half as many questions as I did in my early days on this thread if I had found that video.

I vote to put that link on the Master Sticky post for Safety Razors.
    I think you could post directly to that thread Mustache. (I'm suggesting you do it since you discovered it. It's not like I'm afraid of the Mods or anything like that :scared003:)

17. Mustache

Thanks Rufus. I'm glad I found something good that everyone didn't already know about. I don't have internet so I do 99.8% of my internet viewing via apps and my phone. Searching for other threads is horrendous sometimes. I would never find it if I haven't already been there and "followed" the thread. So be my guest and post this to a sticky if you like, I done mind.

18. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

I agree - great video! I learned a lot, and love the history of it. Thanks @Mustache for posting it!

19. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

sure, you don't mind if I do it. :think002:

you can't fool me, those Mods are always watching. :scared003:

20. Mustache

Lol.. just do it.

Karl G, Rufus T., Billyfergie and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.