Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

and all due to the design, engineering and manufacturing expertise of the craftsmen. Amazing.
    :)

BearCWY, ob1page, Karl G and 2 others like this.
  2. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    I am back to SE shaving today with my GEM Micromatic Bullet Tip. It is a very smooth shaver.
    sod160715.JPG

3. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

Schick E1 injector
    image.jpeg

4. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

5. JR Reyes

JR Reyes I scream for....chicken wings??

20160715_172426-1~2.jpg
    I just scored these beauties from a local antique shop. Can the injector guru's please chime in. It says made in Canada pat date 1937. Is this the type that you don't want to open?

6. Billyfergie

Billyfergie The Scottish Ninja

Hard to See from here but it Looks a Canadian Type E 4..It looks as if it has No Lugs on the Side of the Spring...It was Only the Type E 1 & Early Type E 2 that Opened..Would Need Some More Shots of the Spring & Comb but it Does Look like a Type E 4..:)

Billy..:chores016:

Rufus T., mrchick, Jim99 and 4 others like this.
  7. JR Reyes

JR Reyes I scream for....chicken wings??

20160715_195906-1.jpg
    Hope that helps...

8. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

9. old-school shaver

old-school shaver Well-Known Member

7/12/16 SOTD
    After one week and 4 shaves with the Pal Injecto Matic I now am on the hunt for this razor. Anyone that's interested in trying this razor out find the Pal pass around post in the safety razor section from @twhite and get your name on the list. You won't be disappointed with this razor. IMG_20160707_204758.jpg

3 pass shave routine and I'm BBS and refreshed. I'm very happy with the results from this razor.
    Razor- Pal Injecto Matic
    Blade- Chick(4)
    Brush- Vintage Made Rite L1500 Pure Badger
    Lather- Ogallala Bay Rum Lime and Peppercorn soap
    Post- OSMA alum block followed by Ogallala Genuine Bay Rum Lime and Peppercorn aftershave.

Ken P

10. old-school shaver

old-school shaver Well-Known Member

7/15/16 SOTD
    coldwatershave_zps4f31sl2s.gif

IMG_20160715_213521.jpg

Today after sending the Pal razor off to @whiteboy_cannon I decided to use my G1. 3 pass shave routine and I'm squeaky clean and refreshed. Very close comfortable smooth shave tonight.

Razor- Eversharp Schick Injector G1
    Blade- Chick(1)
    Brush- Omega 10098 Professional Boar.
    Lather- Artisan made Cedar and Lavender Tallow soap
    Post-OSMA alum block followed by T. N. Dickinson's unscented witch hazel.

Ken P

Last edited: Jul 15, 2016
  11. Billyfergie

Billyfergie The Scottish Ninja

:signs011:

Billy..:chores016:

BearCWY, Douglas Carey and Karl G like this.
  12. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
  13. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

SOTD July 16, 2016

Blade: Treet
    Razor: GEM Pushbutton
    Brush: Satin Tip 'The Purest' synthetic
    Lather: Barbasol original, La Toja
    Post: Witch hazel splash, Mennen Skin Bracer, Nivea sensitive balm
    WTG, XTG

No picture today. Not a good shave overall. I picked up a can of Barbasol after reading the Brotherhood thread as well as observing the use of it in a good many SOTD posts. It was just $1.49 for a big 10 ounce can. So I started with it this morning. I haven't used a can shaving cream in quite a while. In short, the first pass with the Barbasol was uncomfortable and didn't do a good job at beard reduction. I needed a full second pass to get anywhere close to a decent shave. I debated and decided to scrap the Barbasol for La Toja. So I whipped up some La Toja and lathered for a second pass. Still not great reduction, but decent. These two full passes left more stubble than one good pass with a G1 normally leaves.

Perhaps the Treet blade is not very effective for me, even though it was smooth. The Barbasol was not a favorite. I think I'll stick with brushable soaps and creams from now on. It was worth a shot, and of course YMMV.

Have a great Saturday!!

14. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

My D was sitting by the sink since I last shaved with it and caught my attention. I'm wanting to see how long the NOS Dutch Schick Stainless Steel blades last so I picked it up for today's shave. These blades and this razor are a match made in heaven :angelic013:but I think I'm detecting the blade starting to go south. The D will get some more action in the weeks ahead to see how well the blade lasts. :happy088:

As expected, a super close, face-rubbing goodness shave. :happy036:

AOS Lavender PSO
    Haslinger Aloe Vera Soap
    T&H Wellington Super Badger
    Schick Type D
    NOS Dutch Schick Stainless Steel (4)
    T&H Classic After Shave Balm

D AOS HASAV TH TH.JPG

Happy shaving - Karl

Mustache, Jim99, Rufus T. and 10 others like this.
  15. spidey9

spidey9 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Today's Shave: Saturday July 16, 2016

ATT SE1 w/Jurgen Hempel Titanium Microfine 1 handle
    Feather AC Professional blade (3)
    Plisson synthetic brush
    Mickey Lee Soapworks The Kraken soap
    Old Spice Classic aftershave

The Jurgen Hempel Titanium handle costs more than a lot of razors, but it pairs so perfectly with the ATT SE1 head as to make it worth every penny. Like many blades the Feather AC Pros seem to smooth out a bit after a couple of shaves. I didn't have any particular razor/blade/soap etc. in mind this morning and sort of grabbed whatever was around, but the end result was an excellent shave, smooth and close.

--Bob

16. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

Tom @twhite was kind enough to send me some stropping blades to try out. Since I purchased an Ever-Ready lather catcher last weekend I decided to toss one of the vintage Ever-Ready blades in it. I did put the blade in a stropping handle first and gave it ten laps on my Drygulch strop to freshen the edge. I got a very nice and very noisy shave with the blade. It will be interesting to see how long the blade lasts. Thanks Tom!
    Have a great weekend!
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Mustache, Jim99, Rufus T. and 11 others like this.
  17. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

18. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Wow, that blade looks like new!
    Yeah, Tom's like a very special cat....a Prince among Men...
    I think the more strops the better....10 doesn't seem like many to me...But we need one of the Stropping Blade experts to chim in...Billy, Karl, Tom, theres alot of those stropping bros around these days....Give us a hand, guys....how many strops for a new old stock, almost centenial blade...oh wait a minute....I see the blade has cut outs on the side.....not really all that old....About what vintage is this blade?....I imagine post 1930.....so probably just around 86 YEARS OLD!!!! ...ha,ha...

Last edited: Jul 17, 2016
    BearCWY, Jim99, Rufus T. and 6 others like this.
  19. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Lets see...man has a Schick D......man also has Dutch blades for it.....hmmm....Listen.....whats that I hear? :eatdrink047:

BearCWY, Jayaruh, Rufus T. and 4 others like this.
  20. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

I was thinking the same thing. :eatdrink047:

BearCWY, Rufus T. and Billyfergie like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.