Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

Sun. 7/17/16

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Glad to be home today. Wonderful shave with the N1 loaded with a twin blade. Excellet lather from the Arko shave stick. Three easy passes for a dolphin smooth finish. have a great day friends. :)

2. old-school shaver

old-school shaver Well-Known Member

7/17/16 SOTD
    coldwatershave_zps4f31sl2s.gif

Yesterday the postman dropped off a package that contained a puck of Stirling Glacial Wintergreen soap and matching post shave balm. A PIF from @whiteboy_cannon. Stirling's webpage says that the glacial wintergreen soap is like getting punched in the face by a snowman. That description is spot on. First time ever using Stirling's soap and I love it. Slick lather and great protection.
    IMG_20160717_082255.jpg

Razor- Eversharp Schick Injector G1
    Blade- Chick (1)
    Brush- Made Rite L1500 Pure Badger
    Lather- Stirling Glacial Wintergreen :Animatedfrozensmily:.
    Post- OSMA alum block followed by Stirling Glacial Wintergreen post shave balm :Animatedfrozensmily:

3 pass shave routine and I'm BBS and refreshed :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Have a great day everyone.

Ken P.

Red Rider, BearCWY, BamaT and 12 others like this.
  3. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

Good questions. I look forward to hearing some pointers.

BearCWY, Karl G, Rufus T. and 2 others like this.
  4. Billyfergie

Billyfergie The Scottish Ninja

That's a Later Stropping Blade..Some were Made into the 1950s..As Far as Stropping Goes..Once the Blade is Shave Ready around 30 or So Sets should Maintain it Before or After Shaving..Getting One Started will Take a Bit More..Its Getting One Proper Shave Ready that is Key here Cause Daily Stropping is Just To Maintain a Shave Ready Blade..:)

To Get One to a Shave Ready State I Usually have to take them on to Chromium Oxide or o.5 Lapping Film to Polish the Edge as they have been Laying around for so Long & then onto Leather for as Long as it takes to Polish it..The Edge Should Shine like a Mirror..It Should be able to Tree Top Hairs like a Straight Razor..:p

Billy..:chores016:

Last edited: Jul 17, 2016
  5. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Billy

Thank you for the perfect instructions.

Tom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. zec668

zec668 Well-Known Member

7. Billyfergie

[​IMG]
    That's a Corker of the Personna Floating Head..Performs Great with Twin Blades..This was the 1st 74 Model..Other one looks a Cartridge Job..That Personna is Rare..:)

8. zec668

zec668 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the help with the pic Billy! I have heard good things about the shave. Did have to beg the wife a bit to get it since I just picked up an E type yesterday, but I have seen these go for much more than the listed price and I didn't want to miss out :) Sure hope there is a blade or two in that pack for me to try.

Where would you place it in terms of mild-aggressive?

9. Billyfergie

Probably a Full Mag..Those are Very Sharp those 74 Blades..A Feather Like Touch..No Pressure at All..They will Calm Down of Course..Kinda Middle of the Road in Terms of Aggressiveness I Reckon but those Blades Turn Up the Volume for Sure..:angelic007:

10. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

Aaron,
    I was fortunate to receive a PIF from @Bama Samurai of the same Personna FH.
    I had been on the hunt for one when it fell into my lap!:happy093:

04-18-16 copy.JPG

So I tried a couple shaves with a P*74 in it. Figured I should shave with the set as the maker intended. Beautiful shave. Smooth and sharp, while finding the angle was just about a no brainer. Felt like a vacuum cleaner.

I have not yet tried to test the legendary longevity of the *74 since I've been in injector razor and blade test mode with about 20 different injectors over nearly the past year. But this was one of my favorite combos.

As timing has it though, I'm presently doing a month-long focus with the Personna FH and PAL InjectoMatic using a variety of blades. Will do a blade/razor assessment at the end of the month.

I agree (as always) with @Billyfergie advice (above) about shaving with this set.

Recently (and posted below) I posed the P*74 question to the usual Injector suspects:
    Positive assessment, but Bob's situation seemed to also affirm my sense of "too many razor/blade combos, too little time!

Enjoy your new razor Aaron. Looks like you just about stole it at that price as they can be hard to find!
    :happy088:

11. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
  12. zec668

zec668 Well-Known Member

Wow! What a beautiful set that is and to receive as a pif! Amazing! Looking forward to trying the legendary Personna 74s in the "vacuum cleaner." Also, can't wait to hear more about your blade tests!

13. mrchick

Thank you Billy. I only gave it 50 on leather this morning. I will work on it a little more and look at it under magnification.

BearCWY, ob1page, Billyfergie and 3 others like this.
  14. zec668

zec668 Well-Known Member

I sure hope you're right! Always wanted to try the 74s.

BearCWY, Karl G, Billyfergie and 2 others like this.
  15. mrchick

Fifty laps on a leather strop and smoother than yesterday. I'll follow Billy's advice and work on it some more.
    Route 66 Black Pearl
    Oscar11 Synthetic
    Ever-Ready Lather Catcher
    Vintage Ever-Ready Blade (2)
    Alum
    Lucky Tiger AS
    Azzarro Chrome Cologne
    Have a blessed Sunday![​IMG]

16. Billyfergie

You Should See the Mirror Polish on the Edge with the Naked Eye..Under Magnafication You will See Light Scratches..The Light Scratches Should be Uniform & Even all along the Edge...Like Uniform Straight Line Honing Marks..:)

That is to Say..Man Made Marks..:angelic007:

17. mrchick

Thanks!

18. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

I just finished making a strop loaded with chromium oxide. I gave a new blade 60 laps on it then another 60 on the untreated strop. The edge does shine like a mirror now.

19. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    sod160717b.jpg

Last edited: Jul 17, 2016
  20. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Jim

How do you like that Flying wing(bullet tip)?

BearCWY, Jayaruh, Karl G and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.