Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zec668

zec668 Well-Known Member

Roby,

Any idea why Schick put those divots on the head of the N1? I really like the look, but is it a functional change or cosmetic only? Also, I now want one :)

2. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

Aaron as to functionality I can only guess, maybe for easy lather rinsing? It does add to the cosmetic look in a nice way. You won't regret the purchase. It's a very zippy razor to shave with. A formula 1 if you will and paired with twins blades you're in for a ride. Good luck on your hunt buddy. :).........:transport022:

Jim99, Karl G, BearCWY and 2 others like this.
  3. ob1page

ob1page Frozen in Phoenix

I think what you described is what I have, the top spring can easily be moved with my fingernail. Also the right side is bent out so that the post is not attached to the cap. Seriously bummed out

4. Billyfergie

Billyfergie The Scottish Ninja

Hi Mike..How Ya Doin :bounce015:

Billy..:chores016:

twhite and BearCWY like this.
  5. Billyfergie

[​IMG]
    I see a Wee Scratch on It..:happy097:

Jim99, twhite, Karl G and 4 others like this.
  6. zec668

zec668 Well-Known Member

IMGP2230.JPG
    This was my first shave with the Personna floating head injector. To inaugurate it I decided to go all American and use a puck of vintage Williams and Aqua Velva aftershave. It took a little getting used to the feel of the floating head and I can definitely understand the vacuum analogy used to describe it. Just like every razor, it took me a little bit to get used to the head angle and weight as I'm usually shaving with heavier razors like the Pal Adjustable. For a first shave it was exceptionally comfortable. I ended up with a DFS, which is pretty standard for me as a daily shaver. I still couldn't miss a chance to use my Pal Adjustable so it saw some action too. Comparing the two was very interesting. With a normal fixed head injector you are responsible for maintaining the pressure and you get used to holding the razor a bit more loosely (at least I do). With the Floating Head it was as if the head was on shock absorbers, which took out some of the human error aspect of maintaining the proper pressure. I hope to test it with one of the four legendary Personna 74 blades that came with the razor (one was already in the razor)! Until then, I can say the Floating head is an innovative design by the Philip Morris owned ASR folks and is definitely a worthy addition to anyone's injector razor arsenal :D

Jim99, Roderick, twhite and 8 others like this.
  7. Robyflexx

Great write up Aaron. :)

zec668, Karl G, BearCWY and 1 other person like this.
  8. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Hi Billy,
    Going good apart from mega cut due to inattention. Any ideas wot`s happened to tost ?
    Mike

Karl G, BearCWY and Billyfergie like this.
  9. Billyfergie

Tost..Kinda Lost Me but it ( He) Rings a Bell..:signs002:

Last edited: Jul 23, 2016
    Karl G, BearCWY and Robyflexx like this.
  10. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

the Single Edge Forun

11. spidey9

spidey9 Well-Known Member

:thanks:

--Bob

12. spidey9

[​IMG]

Today's Shave: Saturday July 23, 2016

Schick E2 - early model
    Japanese Schick blade (5)
    Fine Angel Hair 20mm synthetic brush
    Queen Charlotte Soaps Iced Key Lime
    Captain's Choice Lime Aftershave

Continuing my present theme of "Razors I haven't used in a while," today's shave featured an early Schick E2 loaded with a Japanese Schick blade, along with some high menthol soap for a hot day.

Others will certainly disagree but for me this model is the epitome of Schick injectors - everything went downhill after that (although my 2nd favorite Schick is an I1 with a twin blade).

No surprises here - just a nearly effortless super-close BBS shave. :happy088:

I continue to be impressed with these Japanese Schick blades, which should definitely not be confused with the Chinese blades. These are as sharp as a Personna 74 or a cut down Feather AC blade, and frankly I'm surprised that one of the wet-shaving retailers (Maggard, Bluegoose, etc.) hasn't made arrangements to import them. Currently the only way to get them is from a Japanese vendor which is costly and time consuming.

--Bob

BearCWY, Redfisher, Jim99 and 12 others like this.
  13. Billyfergie

"Others will certainly disagree but for me this model is the epitome of Schick injectors - everything went downhill after that" Bob[/quote]
    [​IMG]
    :D

Billy...:chores016:

BearCWY, Jim99, twhite and 4 others like this.
  14. The Other Donald

The Other Donald Well-Known Member

I have a Schick E type just like that; one that opens up for cleaning. It's my favorite injector hands down. Now, where can I buy Japanese Schick blades? Please advise.

BearCWY, Jim99, twhite and 4 others like this.
  15. spidey9

Do a search on eBay for Schick injector blades Japan and they will pop right up. All the sellers are located in Japan. Note that there are both single blades and twin blades. For an E2 you want the single blades (twin blades only fit newer Schicks). Expect to pay around $1.50 or so per blade and wait 2-3 weeks for shipment from Japan.

--Bob

16. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

I love the E2 aswell....but I hate to think it all went downhill from the E2......Im afraid @Billyfergie will pull rank and say, "Actually it all went downhill from the E1!!!" :signs136:

17. Billyfergie

[​IMG]
    They are Available from EBay..They Look Like this..You Get Twins as Well..:angelic007:

BearCWY, Jim99, barbersurgeon and 6 others like this.
  18. JR Reyes

JR Reyes I scream for....chicken wings??

20160723_170344-1~2.jpg
    Shaving with my new finds today. I'm convinced this brush was never used, so I plan on breaking in the original knot and using it as is.

BearCWY, Redfisher, Jim99 and 9 others like this.
  19. pbrmhl

pbrmhl Well-Known Member

I have tried a handful of Schick injectors, and for me the E2 is a much closer shave than the others I've tried. I'm planning to PIF the others.

I use Chicks, but have been intrigued by the Japanese version. I've not yet been willing to pay the extra cost. I'm trying to hold true to the notion that part of the reason I'm in this rabbit hole is to save money (ha!), and the cost/shave/blade is one of my metrics. If any of you know of a reasonably priced source of Japanese Schick injector blades, please let me know!

20. Robyflexx

Sun. 7/24/16

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Wonderful three pass shave this morning with the Alumigoose. This razor despite being large is very easy to maneuver and contours the face very nicely. I found it very easy to shave with it in either hand and that's a big plus for me. My only caveat is with these Kai blades that were included in the sale and that is I wish they had a bit more bite. On my XTG pass I required more strokes than what is acceptable to me so I will seek out the Feather blades. Tomorrow I will try it with the Dr. Bomber handle which was also part of the sale. This handle is much heavier and I'm hoping to remedy this problem to some degree. This Stirling Glacial Eskimo Tuxedo soap was kindly gifted to me by my buddy Ray with the razor and it's insanely cold. I believe it may be the coldest one I have at the moment. Love it! :love: I am dolphin smooth and refreshed, have a wonderful day friends. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.