Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Redfisher

Redfisher Doesn't celebrate National Donut Day

I suppose that's a SE razor, I'm sayin ya only use one edge at a time right!
    :happy097:

2. Redfisher

I don't like the Feather blade at all in my Valet and I have tried many times. Believe it or not the best shaves have been with clean NOS blades. I have the VC2 and a VC4 and on occasion I will get a decent shave. Other times it's just a tug of war. Since I have 2 VC4's one of the things I plan to do is grind off the tabs on the blade holder on one of them so I can try a GEM blade. So while I haven't fell in love with these they are cool and someone along the way was getting a good shave from it so I will keep giving it a shot now and then. If nothing else it makes a nice display piece.

3. Redfisher

I enjoyed a close smooth 2 pass shave with my B2 this morning. I have about 6 shaves on this Chick blade but it is still very smooth. I have my rotation going with alternating SE and DE razors and it is fun! TGIF everyone!

image.jpeg

4. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Very good picture today. :happy096:

BearCWY, Billyfergie, Karl G and 2 others like this.
  5. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Outstanding looking razor. Looking forward to your review.

BearCWY, Billyfergie, Karl G and 3 others like this.
  6. spidey9

spidey9 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Today's shave: Friday July 29, 2016

ATT SE1 w/Jurgen Hempel Microfine 1 titanium handle
    Feather Artist Club Pro (5)
    Fine Angel Hair 20mm synthetic brush
    Yeti Snot
    Pinaud Citrus Musk aftershave/cologne

Yet another great shave with the SE1. Yeti Snot has the heaviest menthol blast of anything not named Cryogen. Not the thickest lather, but it's slicker'n . . . well, you know. :happy088:

--Bob

7. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Great setup Bob. How does the ATT SE1 feel in the hand. Is there any downside to this razor?

BearCWY, Billyfergie and Robyflexx like this.
  8. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Someone's paying attention. Thanks, Mike, for straightening me out. One edge at a time... Good one.

9. Loedse

Loedse Well-Known Member

Hi @Douglas Carey Please have a look at my SOTD of juli 29.

10. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Schick G with Personna blade, Orange PSO, Proraso Green soap, FS Badger brush, Orange Witch Hazel and Avon Black Suede AS Balm. Enjoyed a nice three pass BBS shave. Used the Prorasso Green soap for the first time and it seemed to have a stronger menthol feel and scent compared to their cream. It felt cooler on my skin and was easy to lather........... IMG_0629.jpg

Last edited: Jul 29, 2016
  11. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

12. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

13. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Thanks Rob. Have a good weekend.

14. spidey9

spidey9 Well-Known Member

It feels great in the hand. I liked it with the bamboo handle that came with it, but when I screwed on the Hempel titanium handle, magic happened. I like it as much as my Cobra Classic, which is to say, a lot.

Downside? It's expensive. Some feel that it is on the mild side, but I don't think so. It is so smooth that it feels milder while shaving than it is. Besides, if I want it more aggressive I need only to load a Pro Super blade.

--Bob

Jim99, Bird Lives, BearCWY and 6 others like this.
  15. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Thanks so much for this information. I appreciate it.

BearCWY, twhite, Billyfergie and 2 others like this.
  16. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

It was repeater love tonight. :love055:

The C3 delivered a stunningly smooth shave with phenomenal reduction and efficiency. Dolphin smooth all over and feeling great.

AOS Lavender PSO
    Haslinger Aloe Vera Shave Soap
    T&H Wellington Super Badger
    Schick C3
    NOS Schick Super Chromium (4)
    T&H Classic After Shave Balm

C3 AOS HASAV TH TH.JPG

Happy shaving - Karl

17. ob1page

ob1page Frozen in Phoenix

Friday Shave
    [​IMG]
    Brush- Semogue 620
    Razor- Muhle R41/Schick E3
    Blade- Gillette Silver Blue/Schick
    Soap- Stirling Barbershop
    Post Care- Crystal Alum
    Thayers Witch Hazel
    Old Spice Lime

I was showing my father in-law my collection and decided to dust off my old daily shaver, the Muhle R41. I loaded it with my favorite DE blade and prepared for a wonderful shave. To say I was disappointed is an understatement. Lots of tugging and it was very rough. I was especially careful to ride the cap with zero pressure, it was just very uncomfortable.
    [​IMG]
    So why is this in this section? I looked down and saw my E3, which I've only shaved with once, and used it on my left side and the R41 on my right. The Schick was much more comfortable, no tugging and very smooth. I switched sides for the second pass and again for the third. The Schick performed wonderfully, the R41, so so. I'm BBS everywhere but I'm not sure which razor helped the most, I simply enjoyed using the Schick more. I'm going to try this again to verify but I might be selling off my DE razors, injectors and SE razors have spoiled me. Have a great day folks!
    [​IMG]

18. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

Riding the train Ben!.......:transport022: How did the brush work BTW? :)

19. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Doug

I cannot get over how cool your 400 is. I love that you kept the knot. I hope it performs half as good as it looks.

Tom

20. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Tonights shave
    [​IMG]
    Razor: F
    Blade: Schick Dog's Danglies (5)
    Brush: boar
    Soap: Phoenix AA
    AS PAA

As I had 3 full days of not shaving. I decided I wanted to find out how the Dutch Schick performed with 4 previous shaves. UM I am pretty much without words. This blade killed it. The blade still feels VERY sharp. After 5 shaves I toss the injector blades. not this one right now. It had no problem killing the beard. I love this razor/ blade combo. I would have to say it is my favorite at the moment.

I will need to load the Danglies in my Bunny. That will most likely blow my mind.

Have a Great weekend

Tom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.