Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ob1page

ob1page Frozen in Phoenix

Really?!? Thank you for the info.

clint64, Jim99, Karl G and 3 others like this.
  2. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

SOTD August 6, 2016

Cold Water.jpg

Blade: Chinese Schick
    Razor: PAL Injectomatic
    Brush: Semogue 1520 boar
    Lather: Truefitt & Hill luxury shave soap
    Post: Witch hazel splash, Country Club Sweet Water, Nivea sensitive balm
    WTG, XTG

Decent shave today, not my best but not near the worst either. The Truefitt & Hill soap is new to me (I got it in a PIF). It loaded in the brush pretty well but just didn't come together for the lather that I like. I probably should've started all over but didn't. The lather dried on me some and just wasn't that slick. The PAL Injecto-matic was great again but I now see the benefits of better lather when using a razor like this.

First pass reduction was not great so I went in for a full second pass. I ended up with some smooth, close areas on my cheeks, but my chin and lower neck aren't as smooth. Oh well.....it'll all be fine in the end!

Have a great evening!

SOTD 8-6-16.JPG

3. whiteboy_cannon

whiteboy_cannon Well-Known Member

Saturday
    [​IMG]
    Razor: Schick Adjustable
    Brush: JR 36 Horse Hair (nicknamed "The Colt")
    Lather: VDH Deluxe
    [​IMG]
    First shave with Schick Adjustable. Went with setting 3 for the whole shave, definitely too mild for me. But after 3 passes and more cleanup than i would like I'm BBS with just a little neck irritation. Was also the first shave with my new JR-36 Horse Brush. Which face lathered the VDH Deluxe with out a hitch. Have a great day!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

4. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Nice set of 'Jaws' there....that bite could scare the whiskers off, without actually shaving.....lol!

clint64, Karl G, Norcalnewb and 3 others like this.
  5. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Hey...it's cool and refreshing....and chicks dig it.....My Pop told me, "When you wear Aqua Velva Musk, you might need to hold straight pins in your mouth to keep mobs of girls from kissing you...":shocked003:

clint64, Jim99, Karl G and 4 others like this.
  6. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

Maybe that's why it feels so smooth!

7. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

Tonight's shave courtesy of my Streamline. Last time I used it I learned that, as a newer version model, it was built to take modern SE blades. So, that's what I fired up tonight. This is a very smooth razor. Reduction was OK on first pass, above average on second pass, and the third pass left next to nothing for touch ups. An outstanding shave. :happy036:

AOS Lavender PSO
    Haslinger Aloe Vera Shave Soap
    Savile Row 3824
    Ever Ready Streamline
    GEM SS PTFE (2)
    T&H Classic After Shave Balm

Streamline AOS HASAV SR TH.JPG

Happy shaving - Karl

8. old-school shaver

old-school shaver Well-Known Member

8/6/16 SOTD
    Tonight there was a large and rather loud crowd gathering and a lot of hollering and yelling coming from my shave den. It seems that the SE razors had ganged up on the Injectors and were threatening to destroy them. It seems like the SEs were not impressed with all the bench time they were receiving and the Injectors getting the call to action. So to calm things down a little bit I choser to call my Gem Damaskeene SE to action. Outfitted with a modern Gem SE blade the 7days worth of stubble fell away effortlessly. A 2 pass shave routine and I'm BBS and refreshed. Saving the chin stubble for a new Goatee that is way whiter than it should be but I'll see what it looks a couple weeks down the road.
    IMG_20160806_210142.jpg

Ken P.

9. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

Okay, so what's the consensus on the PAL adjustable versus the Schick adjustable? I've heard that the PAL is more aggressive on high compared to the Schick, different designed handles and different shave angles. Is one significantly better than the other?

10. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

Yeah! The PAL is the big dog. More efficient, heftier, prettier and it doesn't need twin blades to achieve it either. Just my humble opinion brother. :D

11. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

You convinced me. Roby, look what's coming inbound... Man, am I ever in trouble with my wife! I hope you've got room for me there in your place!

image.png

Redfisher, jimjo1031, clint64 and 7 others like this.
  12. Robyflexx

Yes! :happy036: I think you'll love it Jim! Don't worry you can crash at my crib till it blows over. :happy088:

clint64, Billyfergie, twhite and 4 others like this.
  13. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

I like the twin blade shave of the Schick a lot. However, without it I'd have a clear preference for the PAL Adjustable. So, for shave experience it's a bit of a toss up. But when it comes to looks, the PAL has it all over the Schick. However, if you really want to make the choice difficult, throw a Personna Floating Head with a twin blade into the mix. :happy093:

Next week I'll be officially kicking off a PAL Adjustable pass around so you can get the PAL reference point if you're interested. This weekend's a little cramed so it may be Monday before I get it going. :happy088:

Edit: Never mind, I see one is landing in your den soon.

clint64, Billyfergie, twhite and 5 others like this.
  14. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

I'm packing my bags and will be heading south on I-95 once the mailman arrives!
    :transport016:

15. Robyflexx

Very classy Karl! You're a great guy buddy. :)

16. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

Karl, too late for me, but awesome!

clint64, Billyfergie, twhite and 2 others like this.
  17. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Got this Empire inbound, what kind of blades can I use in it? [​IMG]

Sent from my Galaxy S6 using Tapatalk

jimjo1031, Jim99, Norcalnewb and 7 others like this.
  18. spidey9

spidey9 Well-Known Member

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the Wilkinson Empires use a proprietary wedge blade (okay Billy - hollow ground wedge blade) that is longer and narrower than a standard blade and is even different from earlier Wilkinsons. To make things even worse, the blades require special blade holders to mount in the razor. Loose blades/blade holders are extremely hard to come by, which is why it is so important when shopping for one of these to find one with at least some of the blades/holders present (Yeah, I know: "Now you tell me.")

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In addition, these blades are a bear to hone.

:signs131:

--Bob

Last edited: Aug 7, 2016
  19. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Thanks, it has one blade with it.

Sent from my Galaxy S6 using Tapatalk

20. spidey9

spidey9 Well-Known Member

That's good - you'll be able to use it. With its roller comb it is an outstanding shaver.

--Bob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.