Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

Spicy Thursday
    I felt like a spicy shave today, and Ginger's Garden did not disappoint. I love the scent of Spicebomb, and this cream and aftershave combo is an excellent version. The cream is full of argan oil which helps it yield very thick lather with plenty of residual slickness. The Clog-pruf smoothly decimated my stubble in three passes. The aftershave provides long lasting moisture and makes my skin feel soft.
    Prep: Myrsol Emulsion
    Cream: Ginger's Garden Spice Grenade
    Brush: Brothers Bristles Bronze Shadow
    Razor: Gem MicroMatic Clog-pruf
    Blade: Gem PFTE
    AS: Ginger's Garden Spice Grenade
    EdT: Spicebomb
    [​IMG]

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

2. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Cold Water.jpg
    SOTD January 12, 2017

Blade
    : Chinese Schick
    Razor: Schick J1 injector
    Brush: Omega 10049 boar
    Lather: Route 66 Rum Runner
    WTG, touch-up

Another smooth shave with the J1 injector. These razors are easy to use and really smooth. I will be trying a G8 sometime soon and have a new-to-me PAL Adjustable to work on as well. Fun times!

Have a great day!

SOTD 1-12-17.JPG

3. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

Thursday, January 12, 2017

Shavemac 400 Silvertip D01 Two Band
    Mystic Water Lavender Lime
    The OneBlade
    GEM SS PTFE #6
    Folsom & Co. Shambala

[​IMG]

4. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

Last shave of my trip with the C3. The blade let me down and I got some micro-cuts today but I pushed it beyond my normal 5 shaves so no surprise. :kar:

Hot water preparation
    AOS Lavender PSO
    Haslinger Honig Shave Soap
    Simpson Case Best Badger
    Schick C3
    Schick (7)
    AOS Lavender After Shave Balm
    C3 AOS HASH SC AOS.JPG

Happy shaving - Karl

5. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Even though it's not the most comfortable or easiest to use, the C1 does a great job on the head shave, baby dolphin balancing a cue ball smooth. I'd like to land a C3 and see how that feels. Shake Sharp v2 with a Blue was not very smooth but did a passable job with the beard but I think I'm going to call that experiment done and go back to modern stainless.

[​IMG]

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

6. whiteboy_cannon

whiteboy_cannon Well-Known Member

The trusty clog pruf always performs how I need it to. Sliced off 4 days of growth in 2 easy passes that gave a BBS. Have a great day everyone.
    [​IMG]

7. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

ATTENTION ALL SHOVELHEAD USERS OR TEST DRIVERS !

I took my ER 1909 out for a spin this morning. I made an observation.......gotta run I'll be back

8. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

And he sets the hook ....

Sent from my Galaxy S6 using Tapatalk

PickledNorthern, twhite and Robyflexx like this.
  9. Dzia Dzia

Dzia Dzia Entitled to whine

PickledNorthern and Robyflexx like this.
  10. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Wait when will you be back? Should I stay by my phone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

And does @Darkbulb know you can spin a Shovelhead?

12. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

13. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

Tobacco Friday
    WSP Formula T gave up very dense, slick lather to my Bronze Shadow brush. The Clog-pruf was mild-mannered as it removed my stubble in three passes. The WSP balm leaves my skin cool and smooth.
    Prep: WSP Tobacco PSO
    Soap: WSP Tobacco Formula T
    Brush: Brothers Bristles Bronze Shadow
    Razor: Gem MicroMatic Clog-pruf
    Blade: Gem PFTE
    AS: WSP Tobacco Balm
    [​IMG]

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

jimjo1031, Norcalnewb, Jim99 and 7 others like this.
  14. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

OK...I'm back! Sorry about that.....Yep, I had gotten some wonderful shaves with my shovelheads but made an observation that at times that week I took a few clean up ATG strokes with my Schick C3 just to tighten the BBS up a knotch....

Well I was lathering yesterday, when it hit me....You know the angle for the shovelheads is different from all the other GEM & ER SE's...Not nearly so flat to the face....kind of in between, flat like a 1912 and 45 degrees like a hoe....

That was one of the things that I thought gave the ER1924 an advantage over the others, because that made manuevering under noses and such, such a piece of cake..

So I reached for the ER 1909 and sharpened up that angle and presto! 2 Pass perfection....no need for anything....It doesn't only make close places easier, it also shaves closer!

Now what to do about those dolphins picketing in front of my house.....

15. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Cold Water.jpg
    SOTD January 13, 2017

Blade
    : Chinese Schick
    Razor: Schick J1 injector
    Brush: Omega 10049 boar
    Lather: Route 66 Twisted Tweed
    Post: Witch hazel splash, Fine American Blend, Nivea sensitive balm
    WTG, touch-up

The Twisted Tweed was great this morning. The J1 has been great the past few shaves but didn't seem as efficient today. This is only the third shave on this blade, so it shouldn't be the blade's fault. Oh well. Nice shave in the end.....just a little more stubble on my neck than most mornings. I'm really enjoying trying all these injectors!

Enjoy your Friday!

SOTD 1-13-17.JPG

jimjo1031, Norcalnewb, Jim99 and 8 others like this.
  16. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Fri 13th Jan

After Brilliant shave with a Schick N3, resorted to a PAL with just a single blade , much more aggressive but not unpleasant. Maybe the blade is tailing off a bit,but still the finished shave quality equalled that attained with the N3.

IMG_1109.jpg

jimjo1031, Norcalnewb, Jim99 and 7 others like this.
  17. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Silver Stallion Friday. What a pleasure. Giddyup.

[​IMG]

jimjo1031, Norcalnewb, MPF9 and 9 others like this.
  18. Dzia Dzia

Dzia Dzia Entitled to whine

Tuesday was shave #6 with the Asylum RX and the Feather Pro Blade. Excellent clean shave using my Omega Hi-brush synthetic and the same L&L Grooming Bison Tallow Marshlands. It whips up a great thick, slick lather. I'm learning my way around with this beautiful razor and love that it shaves my face so close. I don't shave every day. I usually shave three-off one; shave two-off one. Thursday was a rest-my-face day. This thing shaves so close I really didn't need to shave.
    Yesterday brought this to the mail box...
    IMG_20170112_155006.jpg
    My brand new Colonial General in black. When I pulled it out of the box and took it out of the bubble wrap I was really surprised at its light weight. Eventhough it's very light it is extremely well balanced. The finish is flawless and the handle screws onto the threads with grace and ease. It's really a beautiful razor. The only draw back for me is the way one has to load the blade. It's not rocket science but the are only two small pins that hold the blade into place. I wish there was something more. It took a little fumbling but after a few times of handling I've got it down.
    Now for my initial shave with the General...
    As pictured I used my Jayaruh #24 w/WD High Mountain badger and the L&L once again. I kept adding water to the brush while face lathering and achieved a thick, creamy smooth, slick lather. Great glide with this soap. I loaded a Kamasori A/C blade. I have a very light touch when needed and that coupled with the rest of this shaving ensemble gave me one of the most comfortable, smoothest, close shaves in my life.
    Some one hear at TSD mentioned how smooth and comfortable the Kamasori blades are and I must say after having the Feather Pro in my other A/C SE razor that I'm in total agreement. But that's not totally apples to apples. Different razors. The General is one great shaving razor. It was effortless, smooth, maneuverable, and extremely comfortable. It should be on the radar of anybody looking to try an A/C SE. It's machined and affordable. It will finish out the week and then it's back to mastering the Asylum RX.
    Pleasant shaves, all.
    ... to be continued...
    wine-3.GIF
    Don

Last edited: Jan 13, 2017
    jimjo1031, Norcalnewb, twhite and 6 others like this.
  19. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

Looks like a minty one, too!

Dzia Dzia and Robyflexx like this.
  20. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

I am glad you like that General. It is really just a joy to shave with.

Dzia Dzia and Robyflexx like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.