Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

I have been doing a pretty regular focus on shavette style razors since the middle of last month, but I have been following along pretty steady here. In the last week or so, I just had to take a break and use my two favorite injectors.

[​IMG]

...and today's

[​IMG]

Both of these are such fantastic razors. If I had to use one of them every day forever, I wouldn't be missing out on a thing.

I have about a week to go on the focus, and then the injectors start seeing regular use again!

2. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

:)

3. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

Saturday, January 14, 2017

Simpson Chubby 2 Synthetic Los Tres Amigos Dos
    MDC Vetyver
    The OneBlade
    GEM SS PTFE #2
    Fine Fresh Vertiver
    Tom Ford Grey Vetiver

[​IMG]

4. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Sat 14th Jan.

Who needs a modern S/S SE Razor , when this vintage PAL loaded with a fresh Chick blade performs as well this one. With a really excellent lather from the humble Vitos, the shave was so incredibly smooth, was very hard to believe it was actually working.
    This is my No1 vintage Injector to use , if I want a smooth trouble free and top class shave.

IMG_1112.jpg

5. Robyflexx

6. Robyflexx

7. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

For Flint
    Superb shave with products from an artisan that does not get as much attention as she deserves. Through The Fire Fine Craft makes top notch gear here in Michigan, so I'm happy to support them. The lather is thick and protective with plenty of residual slickness. The Clog-pruf made three drama free passes for a BBS finish. The aftershave carries on the pleasant cologne scent in a milky soothing splash. It leaves my face feeling great. This PFTE blade is going strong after eight shaves. I wonder how long it will last.

Prep: Chiseled Face Cryogen
    Soap: TTFFC For Flint
    Brush: Brothers Bristles Bronze Shadow
    Razor: Gem MicroMatic Clog-pruf
    Blade: Gem PFTE
    AS: TTFFC For Flint
    [​IMG]

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Billyfergie, jimjo1031, MPF9 and 8 others like this.
  8. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

I couldn't agree more with your assessment about the PAL. It always gives great shaves. I don't understand why it's not built today as the PAL blows away the competition. It is my top injector razor and maybe my all time favorite razor.

9. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

I think the old E2 has been feeling neglected. Good to be back. With the G my least favorite form factor in terms of handling but damn what a shaver. Near BBS in two passes and baby dolphin butt smooth headshave without trying very hard at all. Plus Plat blade.

[​IMG]

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Last edited: Jan 14, 2017
  10. Robyflexx

:signs154:

PickledNorthern and Karl G like this.
  11. Dzia Dzia

Dzia Dzia Entitled to whine

Do part of the proceeds go to helping any body in Flint because of the water problem? As another aside is Brothers making a bronze brush handle now?
    -Don

PickledNorthern, Karl G and Tdmsu like this.
  12. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

The fundraiser did send a percentage to help Flint. I think it ended, though. You can get the same soap under a different name.

So far we have only made this one bronze handle, but my brother said he would make more this year. It's solid and heavy and feels great in my hand. Thanks for asking!

13. Dzia Dzia

Dzia Dzia Entitled to whine

Do you have a link for a newsletter or site? Have you contacted anybody like TTF or Detroit Shaving to market the handles?

14. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

There is no site for the handles, and he makes so few and on an irregular schedule. So I have not tried to get them into sites or stores.

I have some solid aluminum ones he made. Here is a pic of one with a tuxedo knot. I am out of knots right now, however.
    [​IMG]

15. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Cold water 3.gif
    SOTD January 14, 2017

Blade
    : Chinese Schick
    Razor: PAL Adjustable
    Brush: Jayaruh #60 synthetic
    Lather: Route 66 Perfect Storm
    WTG, XTG

Terrible shave. Multiple small nicks and weepers on my lower neck. This is my first shave with this PAL. I used one in the pass-around a few months ago and seem to remember that I couldn't quite dial that one in for great shaves like other injectors.

The first pass was fine. I went with light pressure. The reduction wasn't as clean as normal. I relathered and went for a second pass. Upper face is fine with the exception of a tiny weeper on my chin. However, my neck looks terrible. Nicks and weepers and irritation galore. I don't know what happened down there. Perhaps I had angle problems or used too much pressure in that area, but I usually don't have a problem there. The dial was set in the middle so that shouldn't have really been the issue.

PAL users - what are your tips?? This is such a cool razor and I want to be able to use it. But my shaves with it from the pass-around and today haven't been all that great.

SOTD 1-14-17.JPG

16. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

I went back and read through my posts on the PAL pass-around. This is from August 2016. I changed out the blade after two sub-par shaves and got better results. I mentioned a few times that I had to carefully insert the blade to watch that it doesn't run across the stops. I'll put in a new blade for this razor very carefully and try that as a first remedy. It may take a few shaves to get the angle and find the sweet spot.

17. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

Great picture, Roby!

PickledNorthern and Robyflexx like this.
  18. Robyflexx

Sun. 1/15/17

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Robyflexx

Thank you buddy! :)

Norcalnewb, PickledNorthern and Tdmsu like this.
  20. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

IMG_4792.JPG

January 15 SOTD:

Stirling Synthetic Brush
    L'Occitane Cade SC
    Gem Featherweight
    Wholly Kaw Chypre Rose Concerto AS

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.