Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

I usually rotate my razors so I have a DE week, an injector week and an SE week. I use my straight razors on my days off and weekends. Well, this is my SE week.

Up in the rotation today was my 1901 Gem lather catcher. Notice the replica wooden handle, courtesy of our own @Jayaruh .

The wooden handle changes the characteristics of the lather catcher and makes a great razor even greater. I still have the original handle, but it's tucked away in safekeeping for a bit. Anyway, loaded with a Gem Personna blade and two passes later, I'm BBS!
    IMG_2562.jpg IMG_2561.jpg

George X, jimjo1031, MPF9 and 9 others like this.
  2. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

Now that I think about it, Gem could have stopped with this razor and the shaving world would be none the worse for wear. If shaveageddon happened today, I could use this razor the rest of my life and still be happy.

@Bird Lives , can I get a witness?

3. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Thursday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Proraso Pre Shave
    Van Der Hagen Luxury Shave Soap
    Jayaruh #119
    Schick I Hydro-Magic
    Personna Stainless
    CWR
    Thayer's Peach WH
    Pinaud Clubman

I started off with Proraso Pre Shave. The Van Der Hagen Luxury Shave Soap face-lathered well with the Jayaruh #119 brush. I did the two passes with the Schick I Hydro-Magic and Personna Stainless blade and ended up with a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse, I finished off with Thayer's Peach WH and then Pinaud Clubman AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

4. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

SOTD August 10, 2017

Blade: Chinese Schick
    Razor: Schick J1 injector
    Brush: Jayaruh boar
    Lather: Soap Commander Courage
    WTG, touch up

Nice and easy shave with the J1. Smooth and comfortable. Have a great day!

SOTD 8-10-17.JPG

jimjo1031, MPF9, Jayaruh and 6 others like this.
  5. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

You've got a Witness...an Amen....And my vote for that razor to be a contender for the cover of a Grand Coffee Table Book of Shaving Masterpieces!

6. Bird Lives

Pretty!!

7. Bird Lives

Wow...a Schick original Hydro-magic, Personna blade, Thayers Witch Hazel, Pinaud Clubman, a fantastic Jayaruh Shaving Brush....It just don't get no better!! Well maybe with a cake of Williams or Arko.....lol!!!

You da man J.....beautiful kit Bro....

8. McHale

McHale Well-Known Member

Yesterday my Supply v2 Injector Custom came in. Shaved 3 days of growth with it last night on #2. I'm quite impressed. I have been enjoying the shaves I've been getting out of my 2 Schick injectors but this is puts them to shame. My hunch of why the Rockwell 6s is so smooth has been confirmed with this razor. The mass of the head is the key. The Schick injectors shave great but not nearly as smooth. I'm OCD about cleaning my razors so it's great that I can take it apart to clean it if I feel the need, something I miss on the Schick injectors I have. WELL WORTH the price.

As a side note, the packaging is excellent. When I get home from work tonight I'll try to get some pics of everything.

-Mc

jimjo1031, Jayaruh, Rufus T. and 4 others like this.
  9. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

Glad you had a good experience! I tried my MMOC once again this morning an and half way thru I just said "Oh hell no...". I finished anyway and had a CCS/DFS, but it was not a pleasant shave. I used a really shallow angle and a light touch, but the spector of the blade looming, waiting for the slightest mistake, made me nervous. I guess this one's not for me.

Herm

10. John Ruschmeyer

John Ruschmeyer Well-Known Member

August 10, 2017

Razor: Schick M3 Adjustable (5)
    Blade: Schick Proline B (3)
    Brush: Razorock Plissoft 22
    Cream: KMF fragrance-free

Another one of what @RyX would call an "efficient" shave. Two passes to an issue-free near-BBS.

jimjo1031, Jayaruh, Jim99 and 5 others like this.
  11. GarnerPW

GarnerPW Well-Known Member

I had the cap on my face the whole time. Or tried to be mindful of the cap on my face. Brings a whole mew meaning to riding the cap. I am going to use it again for tomorrows shave this evening.

12. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

IMG_0575.JPG

Viewing that pretty, purple-necked PAL beauty posted above by brother @Karl G , I wiped the dust off from my admittedly pedestrian looking PAL injectomatic.

IMG_3008.JPG

Most work week shaves for me are a single ATG pass, most time resulting in a close comfortable shave. If I push it with some spot-buffing I get close to or achieve BBS.

It's been nearly a year since I used it, but it was like riding a bicycle after being off of one for a long time. With just a few strokes, the ease of use just made me take notice. I had forgotten the pleasure.

One overlooked and unique design feature I love is the slight curve to the lower handle end. It adds another layer of fine control especially when using the "spoon" grip when going ATG (usually an upward stroke. )

Cheers!
    RT

Linuxguile, jimjo1031, MPF9 and 7 others like this.
  13. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Great setup ups and pictures.

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

clint64 likes this.
  14. pisces_0

pisces_0 Well-Known Member

I did a 30 DC a few months back focusing on SEs, mainly utilizing a MMOC. I had to constantly repeat in my head, "Mind the angle. Mind the angle. Mind the angle." And yes, almost flat to my face.

After that month of SEs, riding the cap with a DE has become so much more intuitive.

Jim99, GarnerPW, Herm2502 and 3 others like this.
  15. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

August 11, 2017
    OneBlade Genesis V2
    Feather FHS (4)
    WDC-6 with Tuxedo Synthetic
    Route 66 Bay Lime Twist
    Folsom & Co Capri

[​IMG]

jimjo1031, PLAla, Jayaruh and 2 others like this.
  16. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Good picture. Folsom & Co Capri is one of my favorite after shaves. Have a good Friday.

clint64 likes this.
  17. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Friday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Proraso Pre Shave
    Col. Conk Amber Shave Soap
    Jayaruh #119
    Schick L
    Personna Stainless
    CWR
    Thayer's Peach WH
    Pinaud Clubman

I started off with Proraso Pre Shave. The Col. Conk Amber Shave Soap face-lathered well with the Jayaruh #119 brush. I did the two passes with the Schick L and Personna Stainless blade and ended up with a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse, I finished off with Thayer's Peach WH and then Pinaud Clubman AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

Linuxguile, jimjo1031, Jim99 and 3 others like this.
  18. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

SOTD August 11, 2017

Blade: Chinese Schick
    Razor: Schick J1 injector
    Brush: Omega 10049 boar
    Lather: Mitchell's Wool Fat
    WTG, touch up

Schick J1 again today. Smooth and comfortable shave. I always look forward to my Friday combination. Have a great day!

SOTD 8-11-17.JPG

19. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you Doug. Capri is fantastic. To my nose it's almost like a blend of Myrsol Lemon and Agua Balsamica.

Douglas Carey likes this.
  20. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Good photo Jim. The brush looks great.

clint64 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.