Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GarnerPW

GarnerPW Well-Known Member

Yesterday I got a Valet Autostrop from the Flea Bay. To my dismay the razor takes a proprietary blade. Does anyone know if I can use any other blade in it?

Valet 1.jpg

Valet 2.jpg

Valet 3.jpg
    After doing a little searching here on the Den with thanks going out to @spidey9 and @HoosierTrooper it looks like I got a VB2 dating from 1927-193? something according to stropper.com. Any other information or confirmation would be appreciated.

Just to think I got this razor because I wanted another in the lot of three. This one is the most unique one out of the three though.

Jayaruh, Linuxguile, Karl G and 4 others like this.
  2. riverrun

riverrun Well-Known Member

Feather FHS-10 blades.

Jayaruh, Linuxguile, Karl G and 3 others like this.
  3. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

SOTD August 24, 2017

Blade: Chinese Schick
    Razor: Schick G8 injector
    Brush: JR #60 synthetic
    Lather: Mike's Coconut
    WTG, touch up

G8 today for a smooth ride. I enjoy all of my Schick injectors and like to rotate through them. The G8 isn't quite as smooth as the G1 that I have. I find it a tad more aggressive, but still smooth and comfortable. Have a great day!

SOTD 8-24-17.JPG

Jayaruh, Linuxguile, Karl G and 5 others like this.
  4. John Ruschmeyer

John Ruschmeyer Well-Known Member

August 24, 2017

Razor: Schick J1 Injector
    Blade: Schick Proline B
    Brush: Razorock Plissoft 22
    Cream: KMF fragrance-free

I had planned to have another shave today with the Dorco STD-301 but, this morning, I just wasn't feeling it. After 3 decent shaves, I've gotten my $0.20 worth and into the bin it went.

The shave with the J1 was comfortable and predictable, not a BBS but nice and issue-free.

5. Corto

Corto Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    I just can't get enough of this GEM! Every shave that I use it is another reason to make this mean lean shaving machine my daily razor of choice. It really is that good for me. I didn't post my last SOTDs because this is what I'm using. And I see myself using this combo for a few more days, still... Can't get enough of it.

Jayaruh, Linuxguile, Karl G and 6 others like this.
  6. EzraCobb

EzraCobb Well-Known Member

August 24th -> Jamie's Night Shave...

I have had the Type O clone for a while and used it a dozen times - I found it amazing with a twin blade and figured I had no need for a Schick Type O as they tend to show up new for 500 bucks & I never see used ones. Well, I got really lucky on ebay- seller did not describe it as type but just as a "vintage shick razor" - I only had 1 person bid against me and set limit at 70 dollars- I won it for 62 dollars - It was lightly used with a few water spot stains and no scratches. Only difference with the clone is the clone had a tighter blade hold and the clone took elbow grease to get the blade loaded, this schick was easy to load and not as tight.. Awesome shave with the NOS Schick twin blade - magazine had 2 blades (I got one other magazine) and I think its from the late 70's and made in usa.. really good and best twin blades I have tried so far. The Type did not disappoint - amazing shave ! easy bbs with no irritation what so ever - much like the type N but the angle is slightly different and even easier to use.

[​IMG]

7. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Fri 25th August
    Vulfix 404 mixed with Vitos Red.
    ER 1914 & Gem Coated [3]
    Alum Rub/Rinse off
    Massimo Dutti A/S Lotion

I use this one without a Shim, and despite its diminutive size is very easy to handle, and produces an ultra close
    all round Shave,

IMG_1530.jpg

Jayaruh, Linuxguile, Karl G and 4 others like this.
  8. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Great photo of fine gear.

Karl G, EzraCobb and clint64 like this.
  9. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Great setup and photograph.

Karl G, Corto and clint64 like this.
  10. GarnerPW

25 Aug 2017

Pre-Shave: Hot Shower
    Soap: Lilac Shave Stick, Mystic Water Soap
    Brush: Synthetic, Maseto Shaving (MS)
    Razor: GEM Flying Wing/Bullet Tip MicroMatic (FWMM), on loan from Sgt Fuzzy
    Blade: Treet (3rd/4th shave)
    Post-Shave: Rose Petal, Thayers WH
    Photo:
    SOTD 25 Aug 2017.jpg

Today's shave started of with a great lather from the MW stick. I had worked a good lather up then add just a little more water to the brush and BAM I had lather all over. It was great. I don't know what to blame the last lackluster shave on, the razor, the age of the blade, or technique. So I changed out the blade this morning and went with the Treet blade. It was not a "new" blade, it had about 4 shaves on it. If you could draw any answers on the cause of the last shave from today's it was NOT the razor. Today's shave left me very impressed with the FWMM. Two passes with a little touch up along the jaw line and I have as close to BBS as can be. If the FWMM was the only razor I could use the rest of my life and got todays results I would be a very happy man.

The hard part now is trying to decide what razor is coming out of my normal rotation set to make room for this one? Do I keep both the CPMM and the FWMM in the rotation set? The questions are mute though as I have a new razor I have to try. I recently received a Valet VB2 that I am getting blades for. Thanks @riverrun on the heads up on the blades. It look interesting and I can't wait to take it for a spin.

Jayaruh, MPF9, Linuxguile and 7 others like this.
  11. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

SOTD August 25, 2017

Blade: Chinese Schick
    Razor: Schick G1 injector
    Brush: Omega 10049 boar
    Lather: Mitchell's Wool Fat
    WTG, touch up

Schick G1 today. This is my home base razor. Always smooth and efficient. I know I'll get a nice shave with this razor and that's comforting.

Enjoy your day!

SOTD 8-25-17.JPG

Herm2502, Jayaruh, Linuxguile and 4 others like this.
  12. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

I'm glad someone here won it. You wanted it a little more then me =)

Karl G, EzraCobb, clint64 and 3 others like this.
  13. captnronfl

captnronfl Well-Known Member

I have a few of these including the one that you have.
    They are of the VC series and not the VB series.
    The VB series make a T.
    You can see that in the pictures.
    You can also see that the handle is different along with the size of the razor it's self.
    Also if you google it you will find a whole bunch of info on them.
    I really like the VC-1.
    It's the first Valet that I got.
    The VB model I have is a VB-1 I think.
    Looking at them you will notice that one has a guard bar and not a open comb.
    It's a VC-4 which is the last of the series.
    The only one I have shaved with is the VC-1 and it's wonderful with a Feather FSH-10.
    I had over twenty shaves on one blade with this razor.
    I still have the blade as it's still sharp enough for shaving so I will continue shaving with it in a different razor.
    Some razors you can put a Gem blade in them like my VB-1 and VC-1 by taking the spine off them.
    Others you can use a Feather or Kai series that looks like a Gem blade in both SS and carbon.
    On some, one side of the blade Feather blade will fit and the other won't.
    All of the Valet razors can use the Feather blades but some you have to modify the blade to fit the razors.
    In the first picture and last one, you can see what I was talking about the razor forms a T.
    This is a VB-1.
    The second picture is a VC-2 which is what you have along with my VB-1.
    You can see how big the head is in comparison.
    The third is a group of the VC series that I have.
    Ron
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Karl G, Jayaruh, Jim99 and 4 others like this.
  14. GarnerPW

Thank you Ron @captnronfl. This is my first Valet and had no clue what I had. Like I said it was an extra razor in the lot I bought but after getting the razors in the mail I thought this one was the most interesting one out of the bunch. After looking at stropper.com it was this page I was hang my hat on as far what version it was. The knock outs were the same in the photo as what were on mine. But it sound more like you know more what you are talking about so I thank you for the information and clarification. Is there some place else that has more info on these razors? I read some where on another forum that the owner of Auto Strop was Gillette's biggest competitor and after a patent infringement case that left the owner of Auto Strop, Henry Gaisman a major share holder of Gillette. He went on to run Gillette after the death of King Gillette.

Karl G, Jayaruh, Jim99 and 1 other person like this.
  15. GarnerPW

So I have looked and did a search for but have been unable to find in a single post, "What blades fit injectors and where to find them."
    Now I know that the Schick (Chick) Blades fit and can be found on eBay, Amazon and other online sources. There is also Ted Pella which can be bought from Ted Pella or Maggard Razors and other places online. As I recall and I have seen there are some in this very thread of people using Schick Proline "B" and "P". Now I have found the Schick Proline P-30 on Try-A-Blade but where else can this be found? What is the difference between the "B" and "P"? The reason I am asking is I am in need of some new blades for a Valet razor I just picked up and was wanting to get some injector blades at the same time. Thanks for the help.

16. John Ruschmeyer

John Ruschmeyer Well-Known Member

The Proline B blades are injector size while the Proline P are an Artist Club blade (i.e., longer but can be cut to fit an injector). Both need to be cross-loaded into a keyed injector.

The easiest place to get them would be to order them directly from Japan from a vendor on Rakuten.

Karl G, MPF9, clint64 and 1 other person like this.
  17. captnronfl

captnronfl Well-Known Member

Karl G and clint64 like this.
  18. GarnerPW

Thanks John & Ron

Karl G and clint64 like this.
  19. EzraCobb

Well thank you for stopping the bid! Hey - if you get the Clone Type O - its the same thing :)

Linuxguile, Karl G and clint64 like this.
  20. EzraCobb

Today I reached for my type N1 and loaded a new NOS Gillette Twinjector blade and like most injector blades from the 1970's it is REALLY Sharp! Just an awesome effortless 3 pass + pickups BBS shave. I am really loving these type N& O's with the twin blades! with the proper angle it really is an injector razor that has a turbo engine--->
    8/25/17

[​IMG]

Linuxguile, Karl G, Jayaruh and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.