Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

DeHaven Model 3 with Kai Mild AC blade and my last drop of Cella. Great shave, much better than yesterday with the C3.[​IMG]

2. GarnerPW

GarnerPW Well-Known Member

13 OCtober
    Friday, 13 Oct 2017

Pre-Shave: Hot Shower
    Brush: 28mm Faux Finest Badger, Frank Shaving (FS)
    Soap: Edwin Jagger SS
    Razor: Valet VC2, Autostrop
    Blade: Feather FAS-10 Carbon Steel(CS), Feather Seikan (2)
    Strop: Amish made
    Post-Shave: Cold Water rinse, OSMA Alum block and Brisk Spice, Avon
    Photo:
    SOTD 13 Oct 2017.jpg

Douglas Carey, Jim99, Karl G and 5 others like this.
  3. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Tonights shave
    ER 1909
    [​IMG]
    Tom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

4. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Perfect combo!
    Love the razor and that Barber type brush....:happy088::happy088:

What Blade?

5. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

A Damaskeene. I got 20 shaves from it. I ran it over my lapping film and goo for another 20.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

6. EzraCobb

EzraCobb Well-Known Member

October 13th... Used supply razor with aggressive plate... vintage super chromium blades... excellent close shave... agressive..[​IMG]

7. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

FRIDAY the 13th SHAVE
    RAZOR: Schick Eversharp type E2
    BLADE: Schick
    SHAVE SOAP: Gray Abomination (mixture of three soaps (two Stirling and WSP)
    BRUSH: The Illuminator (AKA The Black Badger of Barbados)
    AFTER SHAVE: Florida Frost (Five parts Florida Water and three parts Osage Rub)

I'm back to trying a SE, a nice smooth shave, but a few weepers. Need to get use to SE technique.

8. Bird Lives

Now thats what vintage shaving is really about....Like straight shaving but with this beautiful, very artistic little vintage machine.

Douglas Carey, Jim99, Karl G and 5 others like this.
  9. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Sat 14th Oct

After a Shave with a Streamline dug out a quite tiny ER 1914. Though I quite like a long handle, it is amazing how one can adapt to a different Razor, it feels quite natural to be holding near to the head during the Shave.

It is quite a noisy shaver and though it takes quite a lot of work, one can easily attain an exceptionally close all round Shave.

Am lucky to have got this late model 1914, which has 12 teeth and more pronounced blade stops. As a matter of interest check out your 1914 and see how many teeth it has. Shame I do not have a good case for this rare bird.

IMG_0018.jpg

10. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Are there any Schick injectors that should be opened up for cleaning? I've never done that with any of mine. I use Scrubbing Bubbles and hot water from time to time.

What does everyone else do for cleaning?

11. riverrun

riverrun Well-Known Member

Pipe cleaners are great for getting into the head...
    I use those on scum-encrusted vintage razors, but for my own injectors the ultrasonic cleaner used sparingly keeps them shipshape.

sdguero, Karl G, GarnerPW and 2 others like this.
  12. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Only some E2s and the Hydromagic razors. You'll break things trying to open anything else. Lots of damaged G and E series out there. Some of the razors came with a little brush to help with cleaning.

sdguero, Karl G, PLAla and 3 others like this.
  13. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

An E2 opened up.
    IMG_0819.JPG IMG_0818.JPG

sdguero, clint64, Karl G and 2 others like this.
  14. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Notice the lack of a stop which would restrict movement of the lever to the left. An E that doesn't look like this wasn't meant to be opened.[​IMG]

sdguero, Jim99, clint64 and 3 others like this.
  15. riverrun

riverrun Well-Known Member

Great image. Nicked for my injector classification project :D

sdguero, clint64, Karl G and 2 others like this.
  16. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Thanks everyone! I haven't opened any of mine or ever tried to. Pipe cleaners are a great suggestion. Again, thanks!

Linuxguile, sdguero, clint64 and 2 others like this.
  17. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

:drool:

Bird Lives, clint64 and twhite like this.
  18. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

The D and the E1 can also be opened - otherwise this is a major no-no that is difficult if not impossible to recover from. If there is a stop in the way don't ignore it. :rolleyes005:

sdguero, Bird Lives, clint64 and 3 others like this.
  19. GarnerPW

GarnerPW Well-Known Member

14 OCtober

Pre-Shave: Hot Shower
    Brush: 25mm Boar Brush, Omega 81064
    Soap: 1) Badger Shaving Soap 2) Arko
    Razor: Valet VC2, Autostrop
    Blade: Feather FAS-10 Carbon Steel(CS), Feather Seikan (3)
    Strop: Amish made
    Post-Shave: Cold Water rinse, OSMA Alum block and Clubman Musk
    Photo:
    [​IMG]

I had used this brush Tuesday and thought it needed some help with the break-in period. I put it in a cup of water than put the cup & brush in the refrigerator for three day. After I pulled it out of the fridge I hand lathered with it once. The brush is a bit softer and does have some split ends now that it did not before. In my opinion putting the brush in the fridge works in aiding to shorten the break in period. If you have a tough badger brush this will help. Thanks go out to @BambulanceMan for the tip.

I bought the Badger SS from a local all natural shop when I picked up some Thayers WH. It has a good scent almost like Bay Rum, very spicy like, though I don't use it all that often. Today I was reminded why. It lathered nicely but the lather did not last long on my face. I may have had the water to soap ratio wrong I don't know. I do know that it was just not working so I went to old rereliable, ARKO.

I stropped the blade 10 times before the shave, then did a two pass shave. First pass with Badger SS, then the second with Arko. Was not looking for BBS today as I have to shave tomorrow for Jims, aka @Jayaruh birthday tomorrow, 15 Oct. Happy Birthday Jim. I am even making my son use his JR #181 tomorrow. The shave was pretty good as I only did two passes. I did have a little sting on my neck from the Alum block. I finished off the shave with some Clubman Musk. I think the Musk is a ringer for Old Spice. Now I have asked my Wife what she thought of Old Spice in the past. She responded with "Do you want to smell like my father?". So today when I put on the Musk I told her that if she called me Dad today I would NOT be using the Musk again. All in all it was a darn good shave. Maybe a little closer then I was originally hoping for but darn good all the same. Stropped the blade ten more times and then was ready for the day.

Linuxguile, sdguero, MPF9 and 5 others like this.
  20. Bird Lives

ATTENCIONE !!!!
    SAFE AND EFFECTIVE WAY TO CLEAN INJECTOR RAZORS THAT DON'T OPEN

:signs011:
    But if your razor is looking like it needs a cleanup....and you would feel better if you improved said razor's personal hygiene....:lyrtuy5: Then check out THIS...Here is a thread link...the second post @Dridecker delivers a perfect method for cleaning injector razors that are not supposed to be opened for cleaning...His method is clear, concise and very effective...I now sware by it myself....Thanks Bill, you have forgotten more about TWS than I will ever know :happy096:

Here is the link: http://theshaveden.com/forums/threads/schick-injector-does-it-clean-up-well.13574/

Last edited: Oct 15, 2017
    Linuxguile, sdguero, Karl G and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.