Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Terrific setup. I hope to try these Proline blades at some point, perhaps when I need to order something from Connaught's and I can add them in to the order.

sdguero and Douglas Carey like this.
  2. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Good picture with a beautiful brush Perry.

PLAla likes this.
  3. PLAla

Thank you, Doug! @Jayaruh turns out beautiful products.

Douglas Carey likes this.
  4. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

I agree Perry.

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

PLAla likes this.
  5. EzraCobb

EzraCobb Well-Known Member

They are SHARP in old injectors :)

sdguero, Douglas Carey and PLAla like this.
  6. Zykris

Zykris Well-Known Member

WP_20171109_001.jpg
    Had my first shave with the Micromatic Bullet Tip and the Schick Injector G. @pisces_0 thank you again. I think I may have a developing problem. I really likes how those bad boys performed!

7. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

:signs011::happy097::happy102:
    Guess that means I'm getting one...thanks for the review...
    How would you compare the"O" type aggresivness to .....lets say an I or an L ?
    Been so long since I've even shaved with an L ....I seem to remember everything from the I's on as being pretty mild...but I LOVE my I2...If this "O" give a similar Shave experience....then ordering one is a no-brainer! But if it's considerably milder....then I would want to stock up on schick II twin blades at the same time...

Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
  8. pisces_0

pisces_0 Well-Known Member

Excellent! Hope you get a lot of mileage out of that Micromatic.:happy088:

My closest, longest lasting shaves are from Gem SEs. The DEs in my rotation are quickly moving down in the batting order.

sdguero, Zykris and Douglas Carey like this.
  9. jonmich

jonmich Member

Ordered pack of B20s (injector blades) from Rakuten (postage small packet) approximately $9.47 - cheaper than Connaught but quite a procedure.
    For $9.47 that's just over 47cents a blade - could be cheaper if you order more.

If you order from UK don't forget to keep goods and postage under £15.00, otherwise you will get caught for 20% VAT and £8.00 Post Office handling charge.

10. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

November 10, 2017
    Colonial Razors General
    Feather Super Pro (10)
    30 DC LE with Omega 20107 Boar Knot
    Nuàvia Blu

[​IMG]

sdguero, Linuxguile, MPF9 and 3 others like this.
  11. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Excellent picture Clint. Happy Friday. :happy088:

clint64 likes this.
  12. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

Jamie, is it a mild or aggressive shave and do you find it also to be much like the original in both build and shaves?

sdguero, clint64 and Douglas Carey like this.
  13. PLAla

SOTD November 10, 2017

Prep: Stirling mentholated pre-shave soap
    Blade: GEM stainless
    Razor: GEM Featherweight
    Brush: Omega 10049 boar
    Lather: Mitchell's Wool Fat
    WTG, touch up

Featherweight today with new GEM blade. Couple of small weepers but nothing too bad. Sleepy operator error most likely. Otherwise nice results. Enjoy your day!

SOTD 11-10-17.JPG

sdguero, Jim99, Linuxguile and 2 others like this.
  14. EzraCobb

The Type O for me is great with the Twin Blades and I would say it compares with Type I - if you put a single blade on the type O than it is in the L or N category - mild - so it takes some skin stretching and a little extra effort - but with the TWIN blades - the Type O and my prized Personna Floating Head Razor work best with the twins.. I say well worth it - just stinks the twin blades are expensice - but the modern Japan blades seem to last a long time - I say its worth the 25 bucks to get em delivered or you can troll ebay everday for the elusive NOS twin blades - every once in a while I score - like the time I got a total of 40 Gillette twinjector blades for 25 bucks :)

sdguero, Jim99, Bird Lives and 4 others like this.
  15. EzraCobb

Last night's [11/9/17] shave was the 1st with the SUPPLY 2.0 Jet Black razor. I have the chrome SUPPLY 1.0 and I like - I got the 3 plates but the classic, medium aggression is all I use. So for this 2.0 I got the classic plate only, seemed to shave the same as 1.0 - but the jet black is so damn cool looking. Loaded with the Proline it was a sharp and a little aggressive.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

sdguero, Jim99, GarnerPW and 4 others like this.
  16. EzraCobb

It is a mild shave - but with a TWIN it is mild and efficient! I say the build is exactly the same as the original that I own - I think the clone is built even better, the head does not wiggle at all - base plate seems to move a on my type O - not in a bad way - just not tight like the clone. EXACT same shaves! so spending huge money on a Type O is for RAD and collecting - the clone is blessing for those hunting the Type O - the ebarbershop site does not deliver outside the USA - I have heard folks in Europe who really want this type O clone and just cant get there hands on it - strange you can find it on one usa site only.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
    sdguero, Jim99, clint64 and 2 others like this.
  17. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

November 10, 2017

El Druida D-7 Manchurian
    Panna Crema Nuavia Rossa
    Colonial Razors The General with UFO TiTan Fine
    Feather Pro Super
    Proraso Cypress & Vetiver AFB
    Tom Ford Fresh Vetiver

[​IMG]

sdguero, Jim99, Linuxguile and 4 others like this.
  18. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Excellent setup and picture Mark.

clint64 and PLAla like this.
  19. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you Doug.

Douglas Carey likes this.
  20. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Fri 10th November
    A very nice Tabac Shave with what is becoming a favourite of mine. It has been said it performs as well as the Original. It may be a copy but there is nothing wrong with this Schick Type Type O Clone.

IMG_0409.jpg

sdguero, Jim99, GarnerPW and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.