Irish Moos shave stick.........

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by rollsshaver, Jan 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shep

Shep The Shep Abides

My main concern would be the corners of the box cutting into and through the bubble wrap/envelope. We'd have to see what they look like in person before making a final call on this. The mail store down the road from me sells mailer boxes really cheap. Like I said though, it adds some small amount to the shipping charges.

2. JimR

JimR Active Member

I would pay up front, oh yes indeedy.

3. Shep

Shep The Shep Abides

Ok. Superlather says not enough interest for him to justify stocking it at this time. So let me get a separate thread and poll up in this forum to gauge interest. If you've expressed interest in here please vote there as well for official #'s purposes. Thanks.

4. 1969Fatboy

1969Fatboy New Member

Very odd that not enough interest b/c it seems like they flew out over at the B. It might be the ability to get it at cost also might be difficult. we would be getting at retail. I agree with Shep about the shipping issues in a bubble mailer. It sucks they arent in a puck. I am going to just grate mine down anyways.

5. Please put me down for one of these if its actually happening.

I will gladly send a money order or use paypal up front.

6. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    We can do a group buy through TSD Store again.

I just set up a page in the store, you guys pre-buy. I place the order once the group buy closes.

7. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

I'd be game for a couple.

8. yomuppet

yomuppet Member

$15 ea seems a bit steep if they're going to end up costing $7 or so. I'd be in for 2 up until about $10 ea or so (maybe more if it ends up costing less) -- I think using priority mail packaging could get it done around that price. They have small boxes that might work, and if not they have those flat envelopes that will almost certainly hold 2 sticks easy (I've gotten a tub of fraser + 4 tubes of s/c into one).

Regards.

J

9. Queen of Blades

Priority shipping within the US, up to 1 pound, is $4.80. Over 1 pound, cost depends on which zones are involved.

10. Shep

Shep The Shep Abides

I was going to put up a poll about this, but I'm experiencing lock out troubles again today. Is this not necessary now that a page is up on the store???

11. Queen of Blades

A page isn't up in the store. The store isn't even open.

I'm waiting for y'all to discuss what you want to do.

12. Shep

Shep The Shep Abides

Ok. I'll hurry and get this poll up before I get locked out again!!!

13. Shep

Shep The Shep Abides

It's all guess work so far, but there would be two stages to the shipping cost. A shared cost for the group buy from the vendor. Then the cost to package and ship it to you. Of course w/ JoAnnA's offer I don't know how that effects things. Better for me to estimate high than low.

If we lived in Germany this stuff would be dirt cheap. As it is we must pay overseas shipping.

EDIT: and btw thanks JoAnnA for the kind offer!

14. JimR

JimR Active Member

Thanks indeed! How are you feeling, by the way? Shouldn't you be in bed?

15. Queen of Blades

Still hacking up the last bit of lung I have left.

And........I have a laptop, so I could be in bed, or on the roof, or sipping strawberry daiquiris in Hawaii, or........:p

You guys are welcome, too. :)

16. 1969Fatboy

1969Fatboy New Member

You must be feeling better! Glad to hear it:)

17. Wishoot

Wishoot Member

JoAnna- Thanks for offering to put this all together once our thoughts on the logistics of this deal congeal somehow.

Glad your sort of feeling better.

18. Wishoot

Wishoot Member

19. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Your a peach Queen.. just a Peach I say..... Thanks a million.

Fuzzy

20. Queen of Blades

Yeah, well I just spent I don't know how long trying to order from that site. It won't let me pay with credit card. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.