Is it just me?

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by battle.munky, Mar 3, 2016.

1. gwsmallwood

gwsmallwood Well-Known Member

Just trying to share the love eh?

2. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

I did, Sir.

battle.munky likes this.
  3. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

Sorry, back to minding my own business :ashamed001:

Robyflexx likes this.
  4. TheManWithNoName

TheManWithNoName Well-Known Member

In general, life is much easier and less stressful when you don't assume the worst about people and give them the benefit of the doubt. :)

5. Rusty blade

Rusty blade The Good Humor Man

I am a member of a few shaving forums and I have witnessed some very ungentlemenly exchanges. For the most part I just ignore the trolls, tip my top hat and bid them good-day. I don't ever join in the discussion or respond to unkind posts. But if there is a sense this ill sentiment occasionally finds it way into TSD, then it is a good reminder to all of us, me included, that we think twice before we post once, and remember this forum is meant to be a community of like minded gentleman and gentlewomen who share a passion for all things wet-shaving. TSD, for me is a sanctuary from an often harsh and unkind world, a safe place, a port in a storm, where, when I sign in, I feel I am among a fine group of friends. Something we should cherish.

RyX, wristwatchb, Herm2502 and 10 others like this.
  6. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

That was beautiful! @Rusty blade:)

7. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

I don't recall seeing any worst behavior recently but then again I don't visit every thread. I find TSD to be the friendliest and the most humorous forum.

I did have a troll like experience on one thread but learned honing is like politics and it's discussion can lead to emotional posts. :angry019:In the end the troll left :taunt002:all in I enjoy the people here.

8. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

9. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    When you engage a troll you simply encourage them. Ignore them and they have no reason to hang around. The very definition of a troll is why they must be ignored. That being said, trolls are everywhere. Some are friendly little creatures, who won't show off their Toggles, others are the ilk that simply want to inflame and rile the constituency. Are there fewer here at TSD? I believe so. While I haven't been a member of TSD as long as many, I have been here long enough to know that most are top-hatted gentlemen, some are related to monkeys, who's family photos are frightening and all are like-minded, considerate, polite, witty wet shavers. :)

10. Redrock

Redrock Well-Known Member

What is a "troll"? Thanks......

Herm2502 and battle.munky like this.
  11. Primotenore

Article Team
    Courtesy Wikipedia:
    In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory,[1]extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into anemotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion,[3] often for their own amusement.

Herm2502, battle.munky and Redrock like this.
  12. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

Well said!

13. mrchick

Check my Avatar

14. mrchick

I caught that, I caught that. Toggle envy is not becoming of you sir

RyX, wristwatchb, Herm2502 and 3 others like this.
  15. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Wouldn't that be a baby troll? Just askin'. :D

battle.munky likes this.
  16. mrchick

No, we stay handsome. I'm 54 years old and that picture was taken last year.

17. mrchick

I'm sorry I have been disappointing you by not showing off my Toggle. Perhaps a picture of my new case will help
    [​IMG]

RyX, wristwatchb, Herm2502 and 6 others like this.
  18. Primotenore

Article Team
    See? That wasn't so hard. BTW, congratulations. It's beautiful. Also, I hereby acknowledge my "Toggle Envy" :prrr:

19. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

My goodness! :love055:

battle.munky and mrchick like this.
  20. Rusty blade

Rusty blade The Good Humor Man

Well said my good man :happy088:. I tip my hat to you!

battle.munky, mrchick and Robyflexx like this.