It is different for Women..

Discussion in 'Women's Shaving' started by Mama Bear, Feb 5, 2007.

1. Mama Bear

Mama Bear New Member

There are larger areas that need to be shaved and even tho we use the same tools, the experience is not always the same.. I was sent this article by Trader Joe yesterday, http://www.emsplace.com/about_her.htm written by another soapmaker who has gained incredible esteem in my eyes. It is well worth sharing. Yes, it is different for us.. but it can also be a wonderful thing. I would love to hear from the women on this.

2. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

Wow...good article, Sue.

3. Olivia

Olivia New Member

Great article and great when somebody has the time to do it like that.

I tend to freeze in the shower when the water is off. Running water ruins my lather then. So I use the soap directly and lather up where and how often I need it.

4. Mama Bear

Mama Bear New Member

Oh, it would be tough in the shower... I can see that! I am a major bath addict and never thought of that! Thanks Olivia. I guess this would relate to baths only then?

5. Olivia

Olivia New Member

I'm clueless actually. Swimming in my own hair doesn't sound so great.
    Anyway, there would still be a problem with "bikini areas", LOL
    Unless I get acrobatic they'd still be under water, wouldn't they?
    :rofl

6. Mama Bear

Mama Bear New Member

ah, well when you put it that way.... :ashamed001 :eek:

7. Gatorade

Gatorade New Member

My wife uses my old M3 and shower gel instead of soap. I the other day we happened to be shaving at the same time and I gave her my left over C&E Sienna and brush and asked if she wanted to try it. She did but said she liked the shower gel instead. Have some of you ladies tried that? If so how was it and should I let her go on like she is or is there something that I could suggest to her?

It isn't that she is unhappy with her current gear but you know how we are here! If it aint broke, keep trying different things till it is and don't go back to that stuff.:rolleyes:

8. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Did she say why she prefered the shower gel?

And are you talking about shaving gel or body wash?

You may need to approach this from her feminine sense of smell, and I don't think the Sienna is gonna cut it. Try a rose scented shave cream for starters.

Or just send her our way. I'll answer any questions she has. By email if she prefers.

9. Gatorade

Gatorade New Member

Well I don't think she has a problem area or anything as much as it was me wanting to include her in the brush and soap ritual. She has been happy in the past with the Venus and others types and it was probably just me thinking that if she liked the brush and stuff that she would use some of this stuff as well. She is kinda like me. Before I found the fourms my biggest complaint was that I didn't like the cost of cartridges or the fact that cartridges weren't recycleable. So I thought a straight razor was what I needed then the flood gates of creams and soaps and DE razors opened and I haven't looked back. She just doesn't see the need in it all and figures it is one more addiction that I will grow tired of and cast aside later.

10. Jfala

Jfala New Member

Shaving Cream Suggestions

All,

I would love to buy my wife some good shaving cream, as she is using Edge foam in a can currently.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Jeff

11. Mama Bear

Mama Bear New Member

I think she would be better off with a shaving soap... the soap can be popped out of the tub and just rubbed right on her legs.. I am probably going to make up some shave sticks tonight too which might help.

Shaving soap is more of a natural product and this time of year our legs get dried out.. using a moisturizing soap would also help to moisturize her legs.

There are some great scents for women out there also... she might enjoy this much more than the edge fragrance.. ;)

12. Queen of Blades

Welcome to The Shave Den Jeff!

Personally, I enjoy the scents of Crabtree & Evelyn's Sweet Almond Oil (if you can still find it), and Trumpers Rose shaving cream.

13. Jfala

Jfala New Member

Mama Bear (Sue),

Thanks for the tips. Let me know when you have those shaving sticks completed. Any of your fragrances that you recommend?

Jeff

14. Mama Bear

Mama Bear New Member

We I would have had them done tonight, but my laserjet died on me.... so I have no labels. I have to say that I love them all.... I am sure that others here can help you impartially

I am real partial to the white shoulders and the tahitian flowers... and the toasted coconut... and.. err... :D

15. Queen of Blades

Jeff, I have a Mama Bear's Tahitian Flowers shave soap I'd be happy to send your wife.

16. Jfala

Jfala New Member

JoAnna,

Hmm, I think I may pick up my some for my wife as well. There is a C&E near our house.

Thanks.

Jeff

17. Ucliker

Ucliker New Member

well i had a wet shaving break through with my girlfriend, we were in The Art of Shaving the other day(I'm addicted to there sandalwood soap!) and she checked out the womens line of products and loved the sent of the shaving cream its smells like roses, she also like the brush for women. Has anyone tried there womens products cream or brush?

18. Queen of Blades

Sorry, I haven't tried their stuff, at all.

But congrats on the semi-convert of your girlfriend.

19. ltlsuz

ltlsuz Member

It was a good article. I don't use a brush (yet) but I do manage to stand in the shower, just have my back block the water until I need to rinse. Rub the soap in my hands until I have it lathered the way I like it, then rub on one section at a time, shave and repeat.

20. St. Croix

St. Croix New Member

Let her buy the rose shaving cream. You'll take it away from her!::

St. Croix