January 2016 30 Day Rule/Focus Pic&Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by Bama Samurai, Dec 31, 2015.

?

What is your preferred brush bristle-type?

1. Badger

29 vote(s)
    43.9%
  2. Boar

17 vote(s)
    25.8%
  3. Synthetic

16 vote(s)
    24.2%
  4. Horse or other

4 vote(s)
    6.1%
  1. TomJ89de

TomJ89de Well-Known Member

Welcome to the focus this is my 2nd one and I can tell you it helps in a big way, plus it's fun great to have you on board

2. wmbjr

wmbjr Duck, duck, cooked goose!

Thank you for your kind words and I think you nailed the past! Can't wait for the new year. Looking forward to learning from beveryone and especially watching those using the new razors like the mongoose, ikon and others to hear their comparisons with some of the classic vintage razors. Will be interested if the ikon ranks up there with the aristocrat and others for you.

3. wmbjr

Looks like a beautiful razor! @Billyfergie did you well with that one. I am also going to join the chorus of people that enjoy your black and whites. Nicely done! Look forward to reading your reports on the 1924.

4. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Thank you! Looking forward to it.

5. wmbjr

Clint, I have learned something from you every month I have been here. I am truly appreciative and definitely glad to see you continuing in the new year! Look forward to your reports (and the beautiful pictures you produce) on the alumigoose and the cobra too! Very impressive razors!

wristwatchb, Bill_F, Rufus T. and 7 others like this.
  6. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you William. Your approach to each focus is so well thought out and methodical that it makes it a joy to follow along. I have tried to learn that from you and other members with a similar approach. Unfortunately I have almost zero patience and jump right in trying to figure thanks out as I go. The focus threads have helped curb that impulse some.

On the razors, I do have an enabler here @Boojum1 that makes sure I don't miss an opportunity to add a razor to the collection. ;)

wristwatchb, Bill_F, Rufus T. and 8 others like this.
  7. TomJ89de

Thanks for the kind words and the encouragement and your right billy looked after me big time with the razor i look forward to your new focus

wristwatchb, wmbjr, Bill_F and 5 others like this.
  8. TomJ89de

I'm currently looking round my house for things to shave, since I'm all done and I want to play with my new razor. My two most viable options are my wife or my 2 year old son..... I will keep looking

wristwatchb, wmbjr, Bill_F and 10 others like this.
  9. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

:happy097:

wristwatchb, wmbjr, Bill_F and 7 others like this.
  10. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Good idea. :)

wristwatchb, wmbjr, Bill_F and 6 others like this.
  11. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

It looks like the January 30-Day Focus is shaping up well. I plan to ride along again this month. My plan is to compare and contrast SEs: the King Cobra, Mongoose, and The One Blade razors. I will also rotate in several vintage & modern DEs. This month I will be using only badger brushes. :cool: I'm looking forward to another month of fun and shavenanigans! :git:

wristwatchb, Keithmax, wmbjr and 11 others like this.
  12. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

30 Day January 2016 Focus Update:

The primary weapons of choice and blades for the month

[​IMG]

13. TomJ89de

They are both simply stunning, your very lucky. According to mongoose the next alumigoose are a while off

wristwatchb, wmbjr, Bill_F and 7 others like this.
  14. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

Hi Perry! Welcome to the 30-Day Thread. Good to have you with us. :happy088:

wristwatchb, wmbjr, Bill_F and 6 others like this.
  15. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Bolzano is a real treat, extremely sharp without being too harsh.

16. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you. From what I understand the next AlumiGoose will be sold through online retailers and not direct.

17. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Neighbors have a chihuahua?

18. TomJ89de

That was mentioned on the email they sent me not sure if that's good or bad. What are you starting with first? I would have to go alumigoose

wristwatchb, wmbjr, Bill_F and 4 others like this.
  19. TomJ89de

Haha no but there is an abundance of invasive cats in my area

20. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

I think it will be good and hopefully eliminate the wait lists etc. Since already have a Mongoose and want to try something totally different, I will start with the Cobra Classic. Plus it just looks so wicked. :D