January 2019 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by NCoxSTL, Dec 31, 2018.

?

What is your New Year shaving related resolution?

1. I'm going to do the hardest of all - a No-Buy '19

9 vote(s)
    17.6%
  2. I'm going to try shaving with straight razors (pain sticks included)

9 vote(s)
    17.6%
  3. I'm going to reduce the number of soaps in my den

14 vote(s)
    27.5%
  4. I'm going to buy everything in sight and build an addition to hold it all!!

6 vote(s)
    11.8%
  5. I'm going to shave. Simple, right?

30 vote(s)
    58.8%
  6. I'm going to eat more cookies. Or donuts. Or ice cream.

17 vote(s)
    33.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

Happy New Year, my 30dc brothers. I’ll figure out something for January, maybe break out the shavettes, and the Jeeves on occasion. Otherwise I plan on general shenanigans as often as possible.

2. jason koonce

jason koonce Well-Known Member

Alrighty January. Hmm Jeeves I have yet to try I will have to add that to my huge list of things to try!!! This month my focus will be on straights of course since this month is about the shavette I will on occasion pull out the Luxor for a shave. Let’s get this month and year off to a great start!!!!

FaceScraper, Drygulch, RyX and 14 others like this.
  3. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

Outstanding post Neil. Not only did I gain some fellow travelers I gained some good friends. I also picked up straight razor shaving along the way.

4. Keithmax

Happy New Year!! :bounce017:

Last year I focused on reducing my soap inventory, and I will continue on this task in February. For January I will try some new soaps and some soaps that failed me in the past and make a final decision on them.

To start the year I am already off the focus, this Silverloaf 7/8 custom I ordered arrived yesterday just in time for my January 1 shave. I wanted to start it off right so I went with a nice warm bowl of Tabac.

Irritation A+ Closeness A+ Smoothness A+ Sharpness A

Razor: Silverloaf 7/8 smiler
    Strop:
    Brush: Rooney
    Pre: Proraso
    Soap: Tabac
    AS: Enhanced Florida Water AS, L’Occitane ASB
    Scent: Parfum D’ Empire Cuir Ottoman

ID - 1.jpg

5. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Beautiful razor! Way to start us off for the year!

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

6. jason koonce

Looks like a great choice to start the year off. Those scales are looking good!

7. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

Awesome way to kick off the new year Keith!

FaceScraper, Drygulch, RyX and 6 others like this.
  8. Keithmax

:thanks:

FaceScraper, Drygulch, brit and 8 others like this.
  9. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

1.jpg

Spock, FaceScraper, Hembree and 16 others like this.
  10. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

You can not derail the 30DC. @NCoxSTL that was as awesome post. I am mostly through training now at the new new job.

FaceScraper, Drygulch, RyX and 15 others like this.
  11. wristwatchb

French Fry.png

12. wristwatchb

You have some gorgeous brushes, Jim!

13. wristwatchb

1.gif

14. BaylorGator

BaylorGator MISTER Fancypants

In as always. Ice cream as always. Following a rule? It’s served its purpose on more than one occasion for me, but mostly I’m more of a shenanigans guy. So more of that, as always. Rebellion? Well, we wouldn’t get to wear those snazzy berets without it. I mean, sure, they don’t bring the ladies running like clubman, but what does? Am I right @Paul Turner? Looking forward to a great 2019 with the crew!

15. BaylorGator

BaylorGator MISTER Fancypants

Glad to know you’ve almost got them trained, Fuzzy.

16. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

I'm just gonna be my quiet little self.
    You guys Probably won't even notice I'm around...

20190101_075313.jpg
    HAPPY NEW YEAR!
    tp

Spock, FaceScraper, Hembree and 17 others like this.
  17. jason koonce

Well I mean what would there be without some shenanigans. I myself may have to partake in some shenanigans this month. Between my ADHD and sailor habits something is bound to happen!

18. Screwtape

Screwtape A Shaving Butterfly

Great start to the year and the January thread, Keith! Off Focus already on January 1? Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until next week, I always say... ;)

That Silverloaf is definitely worth derailing for though!

19. wristwatchb

January 1

Parker SRX
    Rapira Swedish Supersteel (2)
    30DC LE
    SC Love
    Alum, Thayers WH, USB & Captain's Choice Bay Rum

I plan to continue my shavette focus for the month of January, and I hope to develop routine near-BBS proficiency in two passes with it. I'm shooting for four shaves per blade. Using Egyptian math, that's two shaves per half blade. I also plan to do a side-by-side comparison of Rapira vs. Lord blades to see if blade smoothness impacts the quality of a shavette shave. According to @Bama Samurai, blade selection doesn't matter as much with shavettes.

I also plan to zero in on my top five soaps and creams during the year. I have also committed to WB19. If I see something I wanna buy, I'm gonna get it.

I performed two easy passes with the Parker this morning, didn't worry about chasing the baby, and ended up with a nice shave. Nary of drop of blood was spilt, so I have that going for me. Four shaves in and I've already re-familiarized myself with the shavette. The Soap Commander lather was plentiful using the 30DC LE brush, and I should have enough soap left to finish the month. I finished up with CC Bay Rum, and we're deciding what to do today. A movie seems to be on the horizon.

I'd like to wish all my friends a blessed and prosperous 2019!
    SOTD_010119.jpg

20. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

I will take no bets on a "WB19". I'm pretty sure you're committed to that particular idea.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.