January 2019 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by NCoxSTL, Dec 31, 2018.

?

What is your New Year shaving related resolution?

1. I'm going to do the hardest of all - a No-Buy '19

9 vote(s)
    17.6%
  2. I'm going to try shaving with straight razors (pain sticks included)

9 vote(s)
    17.6%
  3. I'm going to reduce the number of soaps in my den

14 vote(s)
    27.5%
  4. I'm going to buy everything in sight and build an addition to hold it all!!

6 vote(s)
    11.8%
  5. I'm going to shave. Simple, right?

30 vote(s)
    58.8%
  6. I'm going to eat more cookies. Or donuts. Or ice cream.

17 vote(s)
    33.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

I have a very early flight in the morning from Phoenix to Sacramento. My office is closing at noon and we are having a big memorial for the coworker that died suddenly last week. I just received a call asking me to basically MC the meeting. I accepted and then decided to do something I never do, a nighttime shave. I had a very relaxing three pass straight razor shave. I don’t usually take the time for the ATG pass. It was a flawless shave that left me smooooth. Now I don’t have to get up until 4:00am I just hope I don’t end up with a noon o’clock shadow.
    Night time travel SOTN
    Stirling Black Ice Soap
    Portland Razor Company Strop
    Portland Razor Company Brush
    Portland Razor Company Siren
    Craftsman Citrus and Spruce After Shave
    [​IMG]
    Thanks for your fellowship guys.
    See you next month.
    [​IMG]

Drygulch, clint64, jluc and 15 others like this.
  2. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

January - Shavettes and Jeeves!

January 31

Razor - Feather DX Pain Stick
    Blade - artist-club-small-professional-blades.jpg
    Soap - Blood on Steel
    Brush - 30DC LE
    Post - Alum, The Mighty Veg

Final shave of the month and I'll jump back on both themes. Finishing up with the Feather DX pain stick and Blood on Steel from Jeeves. As usual, the LE soap gets the LE brush and they definitely like each other very much. Fine lather and slick and protective for the Feather Pro blade in the stick. Three full passes and I'm definitely sitting at BBS with very quiet alum. Tossed on a bit of the Mighty Veg to smell like a man and that's the way to finish off January! It's been a fantastic month guys. Another record breaker for number of posts and I am really excited at how many shavettes showed up along with straights and the usual assortment of goodies. Great month for the newbies too! Great to see so many new faces and see the progress in learning technique. Technique is what makes it possible to use all of these products and I can't wait to see how much progress some of you make next month. For the old timers around here - thanks for your continued participation and for being such great cheerleaders and teachers! Here's to the best bunch of guys on the internet!!

January 31 2019.jpg

Drygulch, clint64, jluc and 14 others like this.
  3. RyX

RyX DoH!

:cool:
    Had a Vega for couple years, but I'm more of a Ford guy. Pinto, Maverick, Torino, Cougar. Any from like '65 - '73.

Drygulch, clint64, jluc and 10 others like this.
  4. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

So my idea for this year to have breakfast at McDonald's.........not my best work??

Drygulch, clint64, jluc and 10 others like this.
  5. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Richie Rich perhaps? I think because you're a real-live Ice Cream Mogul Charlie is particularly interested. We know he loves ice cream for breakfast.

Drygulch, clint64, jluc and 8 others like this.
  6. RyX

RyX DoH!

Lotta folks just take the drive thru these days. Take possession of the tables around the corner from the cash registers. Ya'll can be that group of rough characters that block the path to the restrooms. If the cops show up, break up into smaller groups and head for different exits.
    Arnolds.jpg

Drygulch, clint64, jluc and 12 others like this.
  7. brit

brit in a box

someone loved it lots,worn in all the right places..

Drygulch, clint64, jluc and 7 others like this.
  8. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

If we're going to Mickey D's I can find one that is a lot more interesting than that. Like the one on Natural Bridge and Kings Highway. I used that one as my "office" a few times when I was in that neighborhood. (Making calls and notes with ADT) Never had any problems, though it did get robbed at gunpoint less than an hour after I left there that day.

Drygulch, clint64, jluc and 9 others like this.
  9. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.