January 2020 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by NCoxSTL, Dec 31, 2019.

?

What year did you join our happy band of shavers?

1. 2015 - CHARTER MEMBER - I was here the day we began!

6 vote(s)
    10.7%
  2. 2015 - February or later

4 vote(s)
    7.1%
  3. 2016

4 vote(s)
    7.1%
  4. 2017

7 vote(s)
    12.5%
  5. 2018

8 vote(s)
    14.3%
  6. 2019

17 vote(s)
    30.4%
  7. I'm brand new in 2020

5 vote(s)
    8.9%
  8. I don't remember. I've inhaled too much shaving soap for my brain to function.

8 vote(s)
    14.3%
  9. Not sure but it's been longer than a day

6 vote(s)
    10.7%
  10. So we still get cookies, right? And ice cream? I heard rumors.

16 vote(s)
    28.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

Have you used a Feather in it?

2. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Congrats Jeff. The razor looks gorgeous.

3. myles wilson

myles wilson Moth Ball Mouth

beautiful razor!

4. myles wilson

thank you!

Linuxguile, brit, Norcalnewb and 6 others like this.
  5. jgreenepa

He said that the alignment between cap and baseplate looked off based on the 10 or so detailed photos he requested. He send me a mailing label, so he must think it’s the razor.

6. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Thanks, Clint! I promise to give an in-depth comparison between the Parker and Dovo shavettes .

7. myles wilson

thank you sir! the same for you.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2020
    Linuxguile, brit, Norcalnewb and 6 others like this.
  8. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Hopefully, it will be corrected.

9. myles wilson

yea might give it a couple days of growth so the irritation can get better before going for another shave.

10. jgreenepa

Thank you, Myles! I’m really looking forward to my shave tomorrow morning! Jim (@jluc) has one and claims it’s the smoothest shaver in his Den. We’ll see how it works for me over the next few days.

11. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Yes I have. Feathers are my favorite de blade. I'll use them in any of my razors without giving it a second thought.

12. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

I can get my face perfectly smooth but I know if I try on my neck I'm asking for trouble.

13. jgreenepa

I can’t use them in some of my razors, but they are the recommended blade for the H&S, AS-D2, Silversmith, Marvel, and the Occam’s DE. I’ve used them successfully in all of the latter except the H&S, but plan on using one with it tomorrow!

14. jgreenepa

It is nicely polished, and I think an improvement over the V1 which had a different matte handle and a black aluminum baseplate, which is what I initially thought I was ordering.

15. myles wilson

yeah funny you say that. It's kinda annoying at times because my neck hair grows out faster than my facial hair and that's the worst part of the shave when you get to that neck area

16. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

Hope everyone is doing great. Scored a few brushes today at an antique store. $2.50 a pop........could not pass them up. I love the little Gillette.

I also picked up an interesting milk glass jar that resembles a MWF container at a thift store. Patum Peperium is some kind of English anchovy relish. I measured it out and it will hold four ounces. Should make a nice soap dish.

Take care.
    20200123_200100.jpg 20200123_200630.jpg 20200123_201308.jpg 20200123_201329.jpg

17. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

I just learned something new. I didn't know H&S and Occam's recommended Feathers.

18. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Nice, Danny!

19. jgreenepa

I ordered And followed up either an email when my razor seemed to be in USPS Limbo with Aji, and he says that it’s perfect for a Feather with it’s neutral blade design. I’ll be real interested in seeing if the sweet spot is as narrow as it is with the AS-D2 which is also a neutral blade design. Luke Webster of Classic Shaving has the recommendation on his site as does Fine Accoutrements with the Marvel.

20. jgreenepa

Really like those handles!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.