January 2020 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by NCoxSTL, Dec 31, 2019.

?

What year did you join our happy band of shavers?

1. 2015 - CHARTER MEMBER - I was here the day we began!

6 vote(s)
    10.7%
  2. 2015 - February or later

4 vote(s)
    7.1%
  3. 2016

4 vote(s)
    7.1%
  4. 2017

7 vote(s)
    12.5%
  5. 2018

8 vote(s)
    14.3%
  6. 2019

17 vote(s)
    30.4%
  7. I'm brand new in 2020

5 vote(s)
    8.9%
  8. I don't remember. I've inhaled too much shaving soap for my brain to function.

8 vote(s)
    14.3%
  9. Not sure but it's been longer than a day

6 vote(s)
    10.7%
  10. So we still get cookies, right? And ice cream? I heard rumors.

16 vote(s)
    28.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

Linuxguile, PLAla, brit and 3 others like this.
  2. jgreenepa

Great shave report, as usual, Terry! You have such an interesting collection of razors. What is a 1909 Owl? Was it made by Gem, or a separate company? That brush is gorgeous! Glad your shave worked out! Enjoy your day!

3. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

/
    Great shave and thanks for the visuals, Keith!

4. Trigger

Terrific shave and post, Terry!
    Awesome, Jeff!

5. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Wonderful shave and report, Jeff! Sounds like a great first outing with your new razor and it's beautiful to look at. Congrats!

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

6. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

American ...
    The Burham Co. as far as I can tell.
    Thanks!
    tp

7. jgreenepa

Thanks, Joe! I really like this razor! Interested to hear how the new Parker shavette compares to your Dovo.

8. jgreenepa

Thanks, Jim! I do think I’m going to enjoy the razor! It has a wider sweet spot than the AS-D2 and is every bit as efficient with that Feather blade.

9. jgreenepa

That’s been my experience with it! It’s probably one of the most efficient razors in my den with a Feather in it, but I really need to focus. I prefer a Polsilver or Wizamet. Not quite as efficient, but much less chance of irritation.

10. Trigger

I won't shave with it until tomorrow. I want to have at least 2 days growth.

11. jgreenepa

It’s a great soap! You might also think of MWF, my favorite soap of them all, if you don’t already own it. Very long lasting pucks, and incredible lathers!

12. jgreenepa

Great shave, Keith! You’re starting a hot lather movement here at TSD.

13. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Great shave report. That was a lot of work.

14. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you. I did shave for years with a cart, brush and shave soap. The OneBlade works if you forget what you know. Add a little pressure and shave. I remember when slipper clutches came out on motorcycles. Those of use that had ridden a lifetime knew how to match revs to downshifts and get the same or even marginally better results most of the time. However, forgetting what I knew and just down shifting, I got great results all the time.

15. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Happy Friday Terry. Excellent shave.

Excellent shave report. Looks like you picked a winner Jeff. Gorgeous razor.

16. jgreenepa

Thanks, Clint! I agree. I shaved with the earlier mixed metal version on a passaround in our local meetup, and was hooked. When I ordered the mixed metal version was no longer available. @jluc had the SS version and highly praised it! That was all my RAD needed! :angry017:

17. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

Nice shave, Patrick!

18. Norcalnewb

Thank you, Jeff. MWF with a little Veg on a Sunday morning is hard to beat!

19. Norcalnewb

Great picture, Terry!

Linuxguile, Trigger, PLAla and 4 others like this.
  20. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

January 24, 2020
    Supply Co SE V2
    Schick Proline
    Omega Evo
    WSP Barbershop
    Small Batch Shave Tonic Aftershave

[​IMG]

I can't begin to tell you how happy I am that it is Friday. A change of pace for the next few days. I went with the Supply Co SE loaded with a Schick Proline blade. The Omega Evo synthetic brush is really a beast of brush in the best sense of the word. The handle feels nice in the hand and the knot has enough backbone to make face lathering fun. The WSP Barbershop is a joy to use. The scent is not a typical powdery scent. I pick up notes of citrus and bergamot. The scent reminds me of B&M Seville in that they are both modern takes on a barbershop scent. Three passes and touch ups caught the baby with ease. I just love using the Supply SE. A splash of small batch shave tonic and I am off to the office. I need to knock out a few compliance issues for clients today. Maybe I can escape early. I hope everyone has a fantastic Friday.

9nein9, Keithmax, McCrae and 11 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.