January 2021 30 Day Rule/30 Day Focus Pic and Discussion Thread- All are Welcome

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Primotenore, Dec 31, 2020.

?

What's your 2021 Shaving Resolution?

1. I am going to finally finish up some shave gear.

17 vote(s)
    56.7%
  2. I am undertaking a No-Buy 2021.

10 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. I am going to finally complete a 30 DAY RULE.

1 vote(s)
    3.3%
  4. I am going to complete a 30 DAY FOCUS.

2 vote(s)
    6.7%
  5. You all can do what you want, I am going to focus on cookies.

10 vote(s)
    33.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brit

brit in a box

the paa "black" label set is ck6,but is my only one..nice stuff.:)

JACarbone, jgreenepa, Hembree and 2 others like this.
  2. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

As I commented on Jim's post, I haven't tried it. I base my purchasing decisions on youtube and online reviews. Like I said, A and E is an excellent brand, but I will not take a chance on a soap that some people say is medium strength but on the lighter side due to my chronic sinusitus.

JACarbone, jgreenepa, Hembree and 4 others like this.
  3. Trigger

Agreed. Scents are subjective and every body has different tastes and smellability. Smellability! Is that a word? Lol!

JACarbone, jgreenepa, Hembree and 3 others like this.
  4. Dave in KY

Dave in KY On second thought, Buttercup

Thanks it was intended as a joke not in malicious way but more in Jeff trying to tempt me ;)

5. Dave in KY

I like a strong scented soap and find them strong. Joe,send me your address shipping info and I'll get an assortment of samples to you. You'll LOVE Revolution which is my favorite :eatdrink047:

6. Trigger

Well, he doesn't value the post shave of soaps because he has his own post shave ritual. He rates soaps based on scents, and slickness, etc. According to him, there is virtually no difference in the mechanics of the shave. However, he is not against top tier soaps if you have a skin condition or you want the luxury feeling of these soaps. Personally, I say whatever any one wants to use regardless of price point is fine with me.

JACarbone, jgreenepa, clint64 and 3 others like this.
  7. Dave in KY

I literally laughed out loud at this :D

8. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

I'm just offering you another opinion, Joe.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

9. Trigger

Thank you Dave for the offer and I appreciate it, but I have too many soaps plus samples that I hope to use up before I graduate to the next cycle of life.

10. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

If it is not a word it should be.

11. Hembree

You must have had a grandma like that too. :)

12. Trigger

I know you are Jim. We are not arguing. It is just an honest and open discussion. One day when my soap inventory reduces to a certain level, I may take a flyer on A and E. Pete Charkalis seems like a nice guy and would support his business because of his reputation.

JACarbone, Hembree, jgreenepa and 3 others like this.
  13. brit

brit in a box

i am liking the post shave benefits in today's artisan soaps..i was finding shave balms to muddle the aftershave's scent a bit..now i can use a good soap,some twisted thayers astringent and an edt..:)

14. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

I took this as a discussion as well. I'm just offering up my opinion based on first hand experience.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

15. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

I started adding glycerin and lanolin to my Thayer's witch hazel serval years ago. I add glycerin to each aftershave as well. Basically I add 2 drops per ounce. Since doing this I have never used a shave balm at all. I just don't find the need. Now I have add menthol to the Thayer's as well.

JACarbone, b1hart, jtspartan and 7 others like this.
  16. brit

brit in a box

very cool Clint.mine has glycerin added and menthol crystals..works awesome.did the same to my lemon thayers as well..love it..:)..my go to when i wear edt's..

17. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Cool, I use the Thayer's every day. A splash of that on the face and let in dry down while I clean up the area, then aftershave and or EdT.

18. brit

brit in a box

very cool..:)..:eatdrink047:have you ever tried a shave pass with it like Fuzzy does?.works pretty good for touch ups..

JACarbone, clint64, jgreenepa and 3 others like this.
  19. Dave in KY

Mail Call today I've been REALLY looking forward to as I've wanted to try vintage vintage Aqua Velva. Snagged this the other day for what I considered CHEAP. Just arrived......
    IMG_20210115_161239407.jpg

IMG_20210115_161254263.jpg

Was all about getting these 2 still wrapped
    IMG_20210115_161359765.jpg
    IMG_20210115_161827319.jpg
    IMG_20210115_161930663.jpg

Droo78, JACarbone, b1hart and 11 others like this.
  20. Hembree

JACarbone, clint64, jgreenepa and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.