January 2022 30 Day Rule/Focus and Discussion. All Are Welcome!

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Trigger, Dec 31, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

48FAE29B-6637-4D47-9A51-0D3A4D95E059.png
    SOTD SATURDAY MORNING, JANUARY 1, 2022

It’s good to be back. I needed the two month break after three years. Last night we had eight very close friends over to celebrate New Year’s Eve! The bride went overboard as usual and we ended up with enough food to feed a regiment! We all had a great time! I insisted that two of our guests stay over, as they were in no shape to drive.

This morning I served bacon, cheese and egg cups with Very strong Jamaican Blue coffee. I decided to kick off the first mug shave of the year with a great Japanese straight, the Diamond Hayashi Nichiri Tokusen 6/8. The two and a half pass shave checked all the boxes leaving me glassine smooth.

The noggin shave was every bit as good and featured my SS Supply injector loaded with a Schick Injector II Twinblade. These blades always exceed my expectations, and that was certainly the case this morning. Two ATG noggin passes smoothed things out beautifully. I’m off to prepare Turducken with a variety of sides. We’re expecting 17. I’ll very much look forward to resting tomorrow. Hope everyone hade a great New Year’s celebration.

RAZOR: DH Nichiri Tokusen 6/8 (Mug), SS Supply (Dome)
    BLADE: Schick Injector II Twinblade
    PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a heavy scrub with Argan Oil
    BRUSH: MrEE LE #007 Knurled Aluminum Handled Hybrid Knot
    CREAM: Nancy Boy Signature
    POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Nancy Boy Signature Scent Post Shave Balm.

awk-m4, brit, wristwatchb and 2 others like this.
  2. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

:signs081:

JACarbone and Paul Turner like this.
  3. Trigger

Awesome shave Eric! Glad that you came to the conclusion that no pressure is true regardless of the razor as long as the edge is sharp. You should only have enough pressure to make sure the razor is on the skin and to move the blade. If you find that you are adding too much pressure to your standards, then the blade is not sharp and just switch it out. You will know it with more experience with different blades.

ewk and JACarbone like this.
  4. Trigger

Welcome back Jeff! I certainly missed your posts! Happy New Year! Excellent shave as always my friend.

brit, JACarbone and jgreenepa like this.
  5. jgreenepa

Thanks, Joe! Hope you had a great New Year’s Eve!

brit, JACarbone and Trigger like this.
  6. Trigger

It was quiet. I rarely go out on New Year's Eve. Thanks for asking.

JACarbone and jgreenepa like this.
  7. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Oh you mean the "no 2nd pass" thing? That was weird. Maybe my mind was too much on parts of the shave that didn't go well and I was thinking, "Man,. I'm glad THAT is over".

8. Paul Turner

I'm glad to see you, Joseph...Happy New Year. I wanted to answer your NB22 question, but couldn't at the time, since you asked it in 2021 and I wasn't "eligble" to answer in the old thread. Well, you're right....there goes NB22 if I buy that brush. I also hope to finish some soap pucks this year, and would want to replace those. NB23 looks better for me at this point. Per your comment about my NY Day shave-well, I was probably a little upset at the first, with my BAD NEWS list, and my mind was thrown off, thinking I had just completed my second pass. Can't explain it other than that. I will be more "mindful" in the future.

9. Trigger

You may want to invest in an abacus to keep track of your passes. Lol!

brit, Paul Turner and JACarbone like this.
  10. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Welcome back Jeff. Fantastic Nancy Boy shave. Happy New Year

brit, jgreenepa and Trigger like this.
  11. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Happy New Year Gary.

brit and Trigger like this.
  12. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Wonderful shave as the learning process continues Eric.

brit, ewk and Trigger like this.
  13. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

The learning curve continues. Happy New Year Paul.

brit and Trigger like this.
  14. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Happy New Year, Paul.
    You should enjoy the year, without the constraints of the "No-Buy" shackles. No disrespect to those that make and keep such a commitment.
    Some guys are built for it and some aren't. I am NOT...and clearly, you aren't either. :happy097:

awk-m4, brit, JACarbone and 3 others like this.
  15. Paul Turner

I thought iI had it made in 2018. Then I went ahead and bought a product from a company I liked that was closing its business. Big shux there. I think what it boills down to is I like variety in my shave plans. Variety doesn't work with NB..

brit and JACarbone like this.
  16. Paul Turner

Happy New Year, Joe....For tomorrow's shave. I'll just forget what happened this morning.

17. Paul Turner

:)....or a book/lecture on mindfulness.

brit, ewk, JACarbone and 1 other person like this.
  18. ewk

ewk Well-Known Member

I don't know how many times I have given the same advice to others. "Do as I say, not as I do . . ."

19. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

1.gif

Paul Turner, brit, ewk and 2 others like this.
  20. jgreenepa

Thanks, Joe!

brit, ewk, JACarbone and 1 other person like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.