January 2022 30 Day Rule/Focus and Discussion. All Are Welcome!

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Trigger, Dec 31, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

Joe, lovely shave kit! I reviewed the CVH Typology over at B&B and couldn’t find a Type 14. I saw a Type 13 French point at 7/8. Is your razor a French or a square point? It’s hard to tell from the photo?

JACarbone, Trigger and brit like this.
  2. jgreenepa

Thanks, Joe!

Trigger and brit like this.
  3. brit

brit in a box

thank you Jeff..:):eatdrink047:

jgreenepa and Trigger like this.
  4. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Lol! Thanks again Joe! I want to see how this combo works with my other safety razors. It looks as if I may have stumbled onto headshaving nirvana.

JACarbone, brit and jgreenepa like this.
  5. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Right, since it was painless. Perhaps I'm being too modest. Thanks Joe. :)

Last edited: Jan 12, 2022
  6. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Thank you Jeff. The razor is a square point.

brit, jgreenepa and Trigger like this.
  7. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

13th January 2022.

8.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Sea Salt & Fennel Extract 2 in1 Shower Gel.

Pre:
    Cold wet flannel to my face.
    Pears Transparent Bar Soap with Mint Extracts.
    Brush: Omega 48.
    Mug Lather.
    Lather : Williams Mug Shaving Soap.
    Blade: Treet Classic. (D4)
    Razor: Parker 94r.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./ Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Williams Aqua Velva ASL. (Spanish Version)

L'0REAL Soothing Birch Sap PSB.

Greetings,

Early Morning Shave,

It's been a while since i last used my Parker 94r which paired together with the Treet carbon classic very nicely with no issues making a smooth efficient razor & blade duo...The hefty weight of this small very effective razor adds to it's wonderful assertiveness.

Last outing of the Treet carbon classic blade which started to feel rough on the second pass quickly losing it's smoothness....That said, it's done considerably well for it's 4th outing, and has still gave me giving me acceptable shave's throughout the week without any major issues.

An acceptable 2 pass + pick ups DFS shave with no errors to report....Finishing the shave off with a small dollop of L'0REAL Soothing Birch Sap PSB.

My face is feeling smooth cool, & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

8. jgreenepa

Great Parker shave, summary and photo, as always, Barry! Enjoy your day!

9. jgreenepa

331D113C-D51B-44C4-918D-CED4ADC13E04.jpeg
    SOTD THURSDAY MORNING, JANUARY 13, 2022

I feel blessed to be a part of this great wet shaving community of ours! It’s a caring, mutually-supportive group of men and women who’ve come together to share their enthusiasm about all aspects of shaving. Like any community we range from vendors looking to hawk the latest and greatest, artisan crafters, and true fans to casual lurkers.

What I most appreciate about our community is the depth of knowledge available that is freely shared with no thought of recompense. Yes, it’s good business to do so, but it also breeds trust and friendship with folk all over the world and from every conceivable background! The friends I’ve made range from Ukraine, Latvia, China, Canada, Italy, Australia, Scandinavia, the UK and all over the states.

I look forward to getting up each morning to share my shaving experiences and to read about my friends’ experiences. The best part is learning more each day about this great hobby of ours. An important part of that for me is “paying it forward” (PIF). Now there are unscrupulous souls out there seeking to take advantage, but I never PIF to strangers. It's always people I've met and chatted with online or even sometimes on video calls. The PIF for me represents the sharing this community is based upon.

The Shumate Razor company was founded in Austin, Texas by Albert Teagarden in 1884. In 1895 Joseph Shumate became a partner in Teagarden and Shumate, and 5 years later the name was changed to the Shumate Razor Company. The firm moved to St. Louis in 1904 and remained in business until 1932. They marketed their razors as “Guaranteed for life”, or at least until 1932! ;<{)

The mug shave with my Shumate 5/8 was every bit as good as advertised. Two and a half passes put the baby to bed, and left me porcelain smooth. The two pass ATG noggin shave with the British Gillette Rocket was slightly more than acceptable. Gillette TTOs are not my favorite Gillette safety razor. That belongs to their second generation “New” models, the best of which for me is the New LC. But this little TTO did deliver a decent, although not great shave. Enjoy your shaves and your day, my friends!

RAZOR: Shumate 5/8 (Mug), British Gillette Rocket (Dome)
    BLADE: Kai DE (Dome)
    PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a heavy scrub with Argan Oil
    BRUSH: Alpha Shaving T-400 with 26mm Boar Knot Ferrule
    SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
    POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Chiseled Face Natural AS Splash and Osage Rub.

10. palmolive fox

:signs001: Jeff...The Parker 94R is a wonderful assertive razor.:cool:

11. ewk

ewk Well-Known Member

I couldn't agree more. One of my sons got me interested in late 2019. It has been a great learning journey sharing products with two sons. And we have greatly benefited from the generosity of the shaving community. Having received generosity, I have done the same and gifted starter sets to several gentlemen in my sphere of contact and gotten them interested in the joy of traditional shaving.

Cool pic, great shave, and I love the history lessons!

Paul Turner, JACarbone, brit and 2 others like this.
  12. Trigger

Awesome shave Barry! Williams is an inexpensive and slick soap. Unfortunately, it doesn't work well with my hard water because the lather dissipates during my shave. Have a super day!

13. Trigger

Lovely shaves Jeff! I enjoy reading the background of your razors. Keep it coming! Have a great day!

JACarbone, brit and jgreenepa like this.
  14. palmolive fox

:signs001: Joe... I also live in a hard water area too...With trial & error, more error than trial and a lot of perseverance i can get a good lather from Williams...I find giving the puck a 5 minute bloom in tepid water, then with a Damp not dripping brush i commence to load the brush and start to mix until i get passed the Bubbly/Airy Frothy appearance to a thick slick long lasting non-dissipating lather...I also find that using a Boar brush produces a better lather than a Synthetic... Mixing Williams Shaving Mug soap has to be one of the most controversial differ of opinion shaving soaps amongst the wet shaving community...Have a great day.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2022
  15. Paul Turner

Wonderful shave from Stoylin Sandpiper on this week's edition of Throwback Thursday. The Dial 4 Men set me up nicely in the shower for the shave (it always does). In addition, the Sandpiper soap did the same. I didn't count the loading time, I just watched the brush and decided when it looked good enough. A very well-done shave all around. The one miss was in the same area where I've made many misses in past shaves-end of jawline on the right side, just under the right ear. I saved it, but after the shave itself was over (with just the razor and hot water). I have a plan developed for shaving down at Cactus Nation-I do a quick shave down the middle before doing the rest of the area. What do I mean by quick, down the middle. I just do a small chunk, to make sure I don't miss it. I don't want to make a new section of ingrown hairs to add to those that already exist. Anyway, the Sandpiper A.S. is a clone of YSL-Nuit de Homme(I think that's it anyway). I should have done more on my face, so I made up and did perhaps too much on Cactus Nation. Outta This World Excellent.

16. Trigger

Nice shave Paul! It's good that you are tweaking your shaves so that you get better results. Bravo!

17. Trigger

Jan 13 SOTD

20220113_101443.jpg

Straight Shave # 332
    7/8 Henckels Friodur
    JR #290 Cashmere Brush
    Cella SS
    Old Spice P/G AS
    Maggard's Alum Block
    Dickinson's Witch Hazel
    Beard Growth: 24.5 Hours

In my continuation of my Jumbo January theme, I decided to bring out my Friodur. I honed this razor on 6/11/20 and only had 9 shaves since then so it is #10 today. Man, this razor is wicked sharp. I could have called this shave done on the first pass. However, 2 passes is my game and got a very nice near BBS shave. However, I did get a tiny chin weep and one on my right neck. The chin weep was due to pressure and the neck weep was due to trying to tweak my technique in that area. Live and learn. Lol!.
    Cella is a great soap that produces a nice, rich, creamy and very slick lather. It made the Friodur easy to glide on my face. Residual slickness was fine, but I wouldn't put it in Stirling's category.
    The postshave was great because the alum didn't give me any stinging and the witch hazel was quite soothing. Old Spice is Old Spice even though it is not the original I knew as a kid. Anyway, I will be using this razor for at least 4 more shaves. Have a nice day guys.

18. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Vib'Raz with plate from my Japanese Bon OC travel razor, Kai blade (2). Very efficient, though because pressure is required it's not hard to stray into dangerous territory with a nick near my ear to prove the point.[​IMG]

Sent from my Pixel 5a using Tapatalk

Trigger, SRQShaver, JACarbone and 2 others like this.
  19. Paul Turner

Thanks Gary :).

20. Paul Turner

Thank you, Joe......that little "tweak" on Cactus Nation comes because I've missed that litle area in the past. Want to get it right away now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.