Jeeves' Soaps Cabal

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by COMPNOR, Feb 11, 2019.

1. COMPNOR

COMPNOR Well-Known Member

It isn't a secret that I'm a HUGE fan of Jeeves' Soaps "Blood on Steel" that was created for the meetup last year. Loving it so much, I decided to select a different sent and went with the Cabal. The ingredients are listed as: Tobacco Leaf, Ginger, Spice Notes, Tonka Bean, Cocoa, Fruit Accord. The description is simple - Opulent. Warm. Iconic.

Like Blood on Steel, this soap is super easy to lather. If you have someone new to shaving, you really can't go wrong with this soap. A damp brush and three simple swirls and I have plenty of lather. Though I do think it works slightly better a bit wetter.

The scent is enjoyable. A first whiff and you don't really get the spice, but once you start lathering it is there. I'm terrible at scent descriptions, but I enjoy it. I think I've got a thing for tonka bean because several colognes I enjoy it have it as an ingredient.

The post shave feel is exceptional, and I feel no need any kind of aftershave. Jeeves' Soaps are definitely worth trying out. And I look forward to checking out some of his other scents.

2. brit

brit in a box

love jeeves soaps as well ,i have conservatory and barbershop.. will have to try tha cabal..

Frijolero and jluc like this.
  3. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

I have a few of their soaps and aftershaves. Good stuff. BoS is one of the favorite scents in my collection.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Frijolero and COMPNOR like this.
  4. COMPNOR

What's Conservatory? I don't see it listed on his site.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

brit likes this.
  5. brit

brit in a box

i have read that it was called mountain rain..purchased over a year ago.i see its available as mountain rain on his site. not sure which name came first..

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
    Frijolero likes this.
  6. COMPNOR

Ah yes mountain rain is there. I want to try that one next

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Paul Turner, Frijolero and brit like this.
  7. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I was PIFed the Bay Rum...that baby will be around quite a long time.

brit and jimjo1031 like this.
  8. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

I also have the Bay Rum, great lather from it.

Paul Turner and brit like this.