Journaling during this difficult time

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by RaZorBurn123, Apr 2, 2020.

1. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Hi Friends,
    I'm a big note taker in general.
    I am struggling with the current situation that we all are going through. These four walls are closing in on me.
    I started journaling yesterday my thoughts of the day.
    If you feel like adding your thought of the day please do so.
    I only ask that we leave the politics out of the conversation (violates forum rules) and focus on brother/sisterhood.

April 1
    You know this Coronavirus is real when your April fool's prank gets no laugh's, sure a 5 and 7 year old could careless about Grandpa's sense of humor.
    My 29 year old son has absolutely no concept of what the stay-at-home order means, he's not only putting himself at risk but my grandkids and our household. I'm old school, and I probably didn't handle the situation yesterday very well. Thankful tomorrow is another day.

2. brit

brit in a box

i here you,the young always know better until reality hits..stuck at home,shaving daily to feel normal..starting to build model cars again to pass the time..32 ford roadster on the table..

RaZorBurn123 and Leo501 like this.
  3. BlueShaver

BlueShaver Premature Latheration Sufferer

April 2nd.

*Reads US jobless reports.
    *Goes for a lie down...

Frijolero, RaZorBurn123 and brit like this.
  4. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

We try to get outside every day. We need the exercise, and the sunshine helps our mental health. A couple of days ago, we saw a dad teaching his daughter how to ride a skateboard in the middle of the street. She was gettin' it, so I gave her a thumbs up and got a big smile in return. Today, we were out and walked past a UPS truck that was stopped. The driver (looked like she was about 15...maybe that's because I'm so old) grinned when I thanked her for being out and taking care of the rest of us.

I texted my niece who is an RN. We were checking to see how she is doing and to thank her for being on the front lines. She's doing well, and she has volunteered for some extra duty. She's a selfless warrior, and I'm extremely proud of her.

It's bad, but it ain't all bad. :)

Frijolero, GatorJoe, Leo501 and 5 others like this.
  5. BlueShaver

BlueShaver Premature Latheration Sufferer

They -- Young People have exalted notions, because they have not been humbled by life or learned its necessary limitations; moreover, their hopeful disposition makes them think themselves equal to great things -- and that means having exalted notions. They would always rather do noble deeds than useful ones: Their lives are regulated more by moral feeling than by reasoning -- all their mistakes are in the direction of doing things excessively and vehemently. They overdo everything -- they love too much, hate too much, and the same with everything else - Aristotle

Jim99, brit and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  6. RaZorBurn123

I took a nap after I saw that number. I'm very thankful for the folks who are working at the grocery stores, what a mess that is in the big city.

brit likes this.
  7. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Supermarket, Bank and Drugstore(CVS)will have to be my "errand places" until supposedly May 4, when it appears the non-essential businesses may trickle back into business. I was due for a haircut just as things(barbershop)began closing down. I will have to tough it out this month. My gym is down for the count, too. I'll find time to walk around our big driveway here, plus some extended "stretch" moves in the apartment. My hair may grow out a bit, reminding me of what I looked like as a teen-ager, but as it does, I consider myself a lucky man to have avoided this bug-thus far.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2020
  8. RaZorBurn123

I agree with you, it could be much worse. I went and sat in the backyard last night and just hung out, it felt so good.

wristwatchb and brit like this.
  9. brit

brit in a box

just finishing week 3.i had flu like symptoms early in march and have been off since the 13th.been feeling ok for 2 weeks now.some house projects getting done.lots of time to reflect on self improvement as well.one day at a time..real time spent with the wife,she is on temp layoff as well.we are always working different hours.she is cool to hang out with..

10. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Great to hear, Kerry. Hang in there, my friend. :)

RaZorBurn123 and brit like this.
  11. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

I’m no stranger to working from home, but I would enjoy going into the office a couple of times a week and I sure would like to get out now.

I actually had to stay home for the better part of last year due to having stage 4 cancer that had already started spreading to other organs. Believe or not, I beat it and I hope and pray it stays that way. Believe in the healing powers of your doctors and God! So I’ve been in remission since October and have only recently been free to go outside again. Then comes the Coronavirus outbreak and I’m staring at 4 walls again.

At first I felt like I was about to lose another year of life, but I realize it has given me more time to get my life in order, marvel at the blooming flowers and trees, and appreciate all I have. Take the time to look around and appreciate everyone and everything, because life is fragile and way too short.

One thing I have to do during this time is to stop looking at my retirement savings. Oh man! Now that hurts!

12. RaZorBurn123

I'm trying Mr.B! Today has been a good day, we have rain coming this weekend. :( we need it.

wristwatchb and brit like this.
  13. RaZorBurn123

It's nice to see other gents who actually like hanging out with the lady of the house, I had my wife laughing so hard last night her nosebleed.

Intrigued and brit like this.
  14. brit

brit in a box

:D

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  15. Macbeth

Macbeth Active Member

I moved to a "camp" in the swamp which we bought many years ago.

My wife is from New Orleans and I took her out of it several years ago ( too dangerous) and brought her to a "virtual no place".

A dead end road that leads to a swamp. I have a boat in the water feet from my porch and have shot squirrels from side porch.

Today she said " You know , you made a great decision to move us out here. I hated it at first; now I feel it is the PERFECTplace to be!"

I made her repeat that......twice!

16. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

It's not just him, lots of people in San Jose, San Francisco and elsewhere are ignoring the quarantine.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  17. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I bought about 400 vintage records on Craig's list a few months back and up until a couple days ago we were content with listening to them on an old Newcomb school record player. Yesterday I hooked up a '68 Garrard Synchro Lab 75 turntable (I bought for $5) to his vintage component system. Spending our time has been listening to Harry James, Benny Goodman, Sinatra, Tony Bennett, and Vaughn Monroe has been a real pleasure that has given us precious memories.

:eatdrink047:

Frijolero, Jim99 and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  18. RaZorBurn123

Agree. The traffic is horrible, certain parts of San Jose are in step with the program but for the most part you'll still find folks out and about.
    The line going into my local Safeway was long and rowdy, one particular lady let her true self be known. I had to remind her that we are all in this together and if she wanted to act a fool Oakland was open for business.
    IMG_20200405_123154_01_copy_768x1024.jpg

Frijolero, Shaver X and Jim99 like this.