July 2018 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by NCoxSTL, Jun 30, 2018.

?

Any chance you're joining us for Cinco de Julio?

1. Of course. In fact, I save my popsicle sticks for just this occasion!

9 vote(s)
    40.9%
  2. Of course not. I'm sane.

7 vote(s)
    31.8%
  3. I'll think about it but I'm too busy eating cookies.

7 vote(s)
    31.8%
  4. I'll let you know when I get to St. Louis.

2 vote(s)
    9.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Safe travels home, Keith.

Let me summarize the past 26 pages for you:

We shaved and posted cool photos. @jluc and @clint64 are competing for the position of head photographer at Razor Aficionado magazine. Everyone thanked everyone. We ate cookies. I almost ran out of DE blades, but Neal came to the rescue. @Linuxguile needs to add brushes to his den. @NCoxSTL almost lost a body part (again). @Bama Samurai is partying with George in Murray. @mrchick was last seen stuck at the airport on his way home. That's his payback for ruining a set of hotel towels trying to refurbish an old strop. @PLAla has 27 kids with musical instruments in tow. @clint64 is on the hunt for watches and is considering a den clearance sale. @Drygulch's Bride has taken up bicycling, and @Primotenore, horseback riding. @wchnu claims he's 49 and is already taking advantage of senior discounts. @jtspartan's been hanging out at the lake. @PickledNorthern got home from his fishing trip and went back to 100-hour work weeks. @BaylorGator is back to full strength and has resumed his position as a major global player in the ice cream industry. @Norcalnewb's wife left him home with the kids for the week, and @RyX's 7-year old granddaughter is cooking for the family. @jtspartan is getting excellent shaves from a dollar store DE razor and making us all wonder why we have spent so much money on our razors. We seriously goofed off. Consensus so far is that Blood on Steel soap and aftershave is a hit. We polished off a couple of other soaps. Anyone I missed is still in jail in STL.

OK, you're caught up. Have a cookie. :eatdrink020:

Last edited: Jul 19, 2018
  2. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

July 19, 2018
    OneBlade Genesis V2
    Modified Gem
    WWB 30mm Tuxedo
    C&E West Indian Lime
    Myrsol Limon

[​IMG]

Since yesterday’s shave was so good, I decided to stick with it for another day. Three passes and touch ups ended in a drama free near perfect shave. I hope everyone has a great Thursday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. wristwatchb

For future reference, Tuesday is senior shopping day at the grocery store. I can stop by and pick you and @PickledNorthern up. @wchnu already rides with me and smokes a stinky cigar in the car. If you follow the Clubman vapor trail inside the store, you'll find @Paul Turner hangin' out with all the ladies.

4. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    :happy096:

5. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

SOTD for July 19, 2018

Prep: Cold water and Stirling mentholated pre-shave soap
    Blade: GEM PTFE
    Razor: GEM Featherweight
    Brush: Artisan badger
    Soap: Mike's Natural Coconut

Nice shave this morning. Mike's is top notch soap. Slick lather with high quality post-shave feel. The Stirling Coconut Lime paired nicely and the Featherweight did its job with ease. Quality all around.

Enjoy your day!

SOTD 7-19-18.JPG

6. PLAla

That is impressive!

7. FaceScraper

FaceScraper Well-Known Member

Great photo, Clint! Have a great day!

8. FaceScraper

FaceScraper Well-Known Member

Neat photo and nice setup, Perry! Enjoy the last few days inside...you'll be outside in the heat next week, right?

9. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Thank you, Clint!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

10. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Excellent post, Charlie!

Drygulch, Linuxguile, RyX and 5 others like this.
  11. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Beautiful, Clint!

12. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Great picture, Perry!

13. PLAla

Thanks, Bruce! Yes, we are outside all next week. We rehearse from 7:30 to 4:00, all outside. Everyone brings shade tents and leaves them up all week. We take lots of water and rest breaks and serve them lunch. It actually works better to just stay outside instead of going out and back in to the nice air conditioning and then out again.

Thank you, Jim!

14. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you Bruce.

15. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you Jim.

16. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

That's right, Charlie...let Charles Bronson use Mandom-I got Clubman. How about that..."Man" in each aftershave.

Drygulch, Linuxguile, RyX and 5 others like this.
  17. wristwatchb

:eatdrink047:

I think I have a bottle of Parfum around here somewhere... :happy097:

Last edited: Jul 19, 2018
  18. wristwatchb

Thanks Jim. My medication ran out yesterday. :rofl:

19. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Moving from Charlie to my shave today-as we recall, yesterday I was quoted as saying "Chiseled Face has that nice menthol. Course it ain;t Aqua Velva"*. Well, perhaps the SCENTS are different, but the menthol quality in both are about the same, I venture to say. That's a pleasant surprise, even as it is the Ghost Town Barber. I'll keep this one available for me in the summers now, and might...MIGHT..try it in high humidity. Stay tuned.

*actually, that was me quoting myself :))

20. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

Travel safe. I’m glad you were able to make the trip.