July 2018 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by NCoxSTL, Jun 30, 2018.

?

Any chance you're joining us for Cinco de Julio?

1. Of course. In fact, I save my popsicle sticks for just this occasion!

9 vote(s)
    40.9%
  2. Of course not. I'm sane.

7 vote(s)
    31.8%
  3. I'll think about it but I'm too busy eating cookies.

7 vote(s)
    31.8%
  4. I'll let you know when I get to St. Louis.

2 vote(s)
    9.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

Sounds like the day started rough, but can you ask for a better ending than that?

Happy anniversary!

2. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Happy Anniversary, Randy! I'm very glad you all had a nice time to celebrate. How many years for you and your Bride?

3. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Nice finish to a rough day.

Happy Anniversary!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

4. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

All's well that ends well, right?

5. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Yup. Get a autostrop cigar cutter/utility knife to use the CS blades in. Total garbage.

6. BaylorGator

BaylorGator MISTER Fancypants

13 Charlie. Pretty sure that qualifies her for one of the larger model mansions in heaven. Hope it’s within walking distance of my shack.

7. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I might send the new Clubman company my shaggy dog joke about Lincoln being born in a log cabin he built with his bare hands. I love Clubman, of course, but Pinaud was born in 1810...did he create what would become a world renowned men's grooming company before he became one year old?

8. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Happy anniversary Randy! I hope you get a break from the work drama soon.

Sent from my Galaxy using Tapatalk

FaceScraper, clint64, PLAla and 6 others like this.
  9. Paul76

Paul76 Well-Known Member

Well congrats on your anniversary!

10. Paul76

Paul76 Well-Known Member

Shave two with this same setup
    Tonight’s shave went quite a bit better only three small nicks two of which were in the same spots as last night. So I think I just reopened them. On the bright side I did end up with a nice and smooth shave.

FaceScraper, Linuxguile, RyX and 9 others like this.
  11. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

Happy anniversary!

12. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

13. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

But won't your shack be in a much hotter climate? Happy Anniversary!! If I had known sooner I could have sent you a gift. Maybe, oh I don't know, cookies?

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

14. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

July 2018

July 16

Razor - 1962 (H1) Gillette Slim (9)
    Blade - ladas-super-stainless.jpg (1)
    Soap - Stirling Iced Pineapple
    Brush - Stirling Two Banded Synthetic
    Post - Alum

It's Monday, and that means it's Menthol Monday, and I just got a sample of Stirling Iced Pineapple. Yep, that works. Besides, it's been driving me crazy since it arrived Saturday. I've sniffed it enough. Time to shave with it. I chose the Stirling brush to keep it seimple. Gillette Slim on 9 for the aggressive approach with a fresh Ladas from Moscow. Fine setup. Very fine.

This soap excites me almost as much as the Iced Coffee. Rod seems to know just how much menthol to put these "Iced" soaps to make it pop but not enough to cover the primary scent. Just like the Iced Coffee, the Iced Pineapple gives you all the main scent you want and also provides that icy menthol after effect as you go through the second pass and beyond. Really well balanced. I'm sure you could add some menthol if you like it even colder. That might be "glacial pineapple" though.

Two passes, touch ups, the baby is in the house and I'm thinking I need to try some more of his Iced soaps. Good stuff baby.

July 16 2018.JPG

FaceScraper, Linuxguile, RyX and 11 others like this.
  15. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

The main coating on Sharp Stars is Teflon. All Rapira blades have kind of a basic formula and the Red/White/Blue and Pink/Black/Blue are very similar. The Pink package is just a stainless blade with stainless coating. They add some extra chrome on the Red package. Voskhod is the primary Teflon blade from them but the Sharp Stars were made with a Teflon coating as well. Or at least as the primary one. Sorry for handing those out given how horribly awful and terrible they are. Let me know if you receive so many back from others that you need help with disposal. I can sacrifice myself if necessary.

16. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

Awesome ending to a lousy day, Randy. Congrats!

17. Drygulch

Drygulch Snowballs

Congrats to you and your bride, Randy. If we’d known, the cartel would have sent her cookies.

18. BaylorGator

Thanks guys!

19. BaylorGator

Iced pineapple is absolutely a winner! If you haven’t already tried it, Orange Chill is another soap with a similar menthol level that I like just as much if not more.

20. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

SOTD for July 16, 2018

Prep: Cold water and Stirling mentholated pre-shave soap
    Blade: GEM PTFE
    Razor: GEM Featherweight
    Brush: JR #142 black badger
    Soap: Stirling Iced Pineapple
    Post: Witch hazel, Stirling Glacial Lemon Chill aftershave

Same setup as yesterday and equally fine results. Looks like there is about one more shave on this sample of Iced Pineapple. It's a great soap. Love the scent and the tingle of menthol. Top notch product.

@BaylorGator - My Shavey award came in yesterday. Thank you! Happy anniversary as well!

Enjoy your day!

SOTD 7-17-18.JPG