July 2019 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by NCoxSTL, Jun 30, 2019.

?

With all of the freedom in July, how will you be shaving?

1. With straights. Because I'm a real man.

3 vote(s)
    7.5%
  2. With DE's. Because I'm a real man.

12 vote(s)
    30.0%
  3. With SE's. Because I'm a real man.

7 vote(s)
    17.5%
  4. With pain sticks. Because I'm a real real man.

1 vote(s)
    2.5%
  5. With a combination of the above. Because I'm the realest man of all.

14 vote(s)
    35.0%
  6. And yes - I will be joining on Cinco de Julio. Because I'm a real brave man.

6 vote(s)
    15.0%
  7. And no - I will not be joining on Cinco de Julio. Because I'm a real smart man.

13 vote(s)
    32.5%
  8. Can I please just have my cookies now? Seriously. I'm hungry. With ice cream.

16 vote(s)
    40.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Nope, no insurance involved. Basically the TIPM, or Total Integrated Power Module that Fiat/Chrysler uses, is the central point for everything that uses electrical power in their vehicles. It's not the brain, but the power source behind the brain I suppose. Anyway, there is a tendency for these modules to decide to do things on their own, at random, and without any way of tracking exactly what caused it. Common problems include the fuel pump not shutting off when the car is turned off, burning out the pump and occasionally causing fires, people waking up to find their windows down and the vehicle running with all the lights on in the morning, with the doors still locked and no key near it, or in my case the horn, wipers, washers all activating while driving down the road and not only did turning the key off not stop them, it also didn't turn off the engine. It's like the vehicle is possessed. And, it's random. I pulled the battery cables to shut everything down and let it sit. Hooked them back up and everything was fine. Figured I had a glitch and went to pick up another group of people. Well, three rides later with a family of 6 onboard it happened again. This time, though, I just turned the key off while still driving it and everything stopped, restarted the engine and it was all fine again. Fortunately nobody noticed the problem.

So, long story going even longer, I didn't buy any extended warranties with the van when I got it. Higher mileage, a bit older and a warranty for all of that would have still been more than I just paid. Which says something about how expensive the warranties are!! The good news - by having a dealer install the new TIPM it is now under warranty for 100,000 miles for any and all repair costs associated with it.

To make it even more fun, trying to diagnose it to make sure that was the issue (which is plastered all over the internet) they found that my power cable to run the passenger side door was frayed in a lot of spots which could have contributed to the issue. Add that part and labor to replace it. Then it needed coolant service anyway as part of scheduled maintenance. Add that on. Oh, those battery cables I had to play with? Clamps on those were in bad shape so there goes another couple of bucks. Oh yeah, needed software updates to get everything back up to speed so add a couple hundred more for that. The oil change was free, though, and the Service guy gave me an extra $100 off just because I think I passed the golden ticket amount on them making profit this month. This is the same dealership I sold used cars for a few years back so there is also the possibility that karma was involved at some point in this process.

2. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

I had my choice of the hybrid knot or a SynBad. I almost stayed with the synthetic but decided to try the hybrid. I'm very glad I did!

3. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

July 16th
    Single Ring 'Old Type'
    Strop Shoppe Black Tie
    Omega '83/Poculi handle
    Thayers
    Maol Grooming Heliopteris AS
    IMG_2398.jpg Last day at work for a few weeks. Early morning shave, late evening post. Brought out the Black Tie and the Single Ring and had a nice 3 pass shave. I've been closer before, but still plenty smooth.
    Got in an order yesterday of a few splashes and some Stirling shampoos. This splash is one of the new ones. 'One in, one out' so I moved a few splashes along. The small pump bottle of Clubman and the 1/2 bottle of Mastro Miche were not worth PIFing, so I dumped them. Wanted the pump bottle the Clubman was in so I poured it down the sink and rinsed the bottle and sink with hot water. I can still smell the Clubman in the sink a day later. How, I have no idea, but surely there is a Clubman joke in there somewhere...
    This new splash is a winner. It is billed as a fougere, and it is a good one. I definitely get grapefruit as well. A very original scent and one that was long lasting today. Great face feel as well. A keeper for sure.
    Have a great night, all!

4. Frijolero

Frijolero Well-Known Member

Oh, I was talking taxes. Now that you're self employed, that will be much more...interesting.

But yeah, spooks in the electronics can be a real nightmare.

5. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

You can call me Joe or Trigger. Tommy, I don't reply. Lol! I have mixed up names myself. No worries. Lol!

6. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Oh. THOSE deductions. Sorry, my head is still mired in numbers. Yeah, deductions definitely involved with this one. That part of it is a good thing.

7. RyX

RyX DoH!

We've long since proved spending money doesn't guarantee a good shave. That's what technique is for. Both you and Danny @Hembree have one of these so I'll be cool seeing them in action.

8. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

Stirling Blood on Steel has nudged Brut out of the #1 position on The Max Headroom List of Most Glorious Stanks, a position it always held.

The original Stirling designation is Tsuka. I don't think Rod had planned for it to be more than an occasional offering.

The scent was inspired my the original Hanae Mori which is still available here in the States at EdT & Edp strengths. Maybe there too.

jtspartan, Keithmax, RyX and 11 others like this.
  9. Trigger

Glad you like the scent and had an excellent shave, Patrick!

RyX, Linuxguile, Hembree and 5 others like this.
  10. Trigger

I am an orange citrus fan and I can just imagine that heavenly smell. Great shave, Gary!

RyX, Linuxguile, Frijolero and 5 others like this.
  11. Trigger

I was thinking Sybil would be a great name because she had distinct and separate personalities just like your brush. Anyway, nice shave, Neal!

RyX, Linuxguile, Frijolero and 5 others like this.
  12. Trigger

I spent beaucoup dollars on my car to pass inspection this year. It kind of killed my SRAD, SAD, BAD for this year. Lol! So I completely understand.

RyX, Linuxguile, Frijolero and 6 others like this.
  13. Trigger

Jason, it's an A grade shave!

jtspartan, RyX, Linuxguile and 5 others like this.
  14. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

Great report Jason! Enjoy your downtime.

Thanks Joe!

jtspartan, RyX, Linuxguile and 6 others like this.
  15. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

I'm in Hanoi having a great time with old and new friends. I didn't want to check a bag so brought no DE blades with me. Regrettably I haven't found any in the shops, so after two days without a shave I gave up and bought a Vector. Just too darn hot (feels like temp of 115F) to go blade hunting.

I'm eating and drinking well: Rice wine, offal, jellyfish, fried fish noodle soup.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Last edited: Jul 17, 2019
    AlDm, FaceScraper, jtspartan and 16 others like this.
  16. matthewoli98

matthewoli98 Well-Known Member

SOTD:
    All this week's shaves are with the South African made bundubeard coffee puck, and man is this stuff fantastic. I could literally get by using this and arko alone, absolutely fantastic stuff. I have the 250g puck, so this thing is an absolute monster, and last time i checked they were about 95 rand l, which is just under 7 dollars, so rediculously good value for money. I decided to bin the injector blade after 18 beautiful shaves, stay tuned for the next shave which will be my first shave with the pearl OC!

Razor: schick injector
    Blade: schick platinum ultra (18)
    Brush: Wilkinson sword classic shave
    Soap: bundubeard coffee
    Aftershave balm: prep[​IMG]

Sent from my Redmi S2 using Tapatalk

AlDm, FaceScraper, jtspartan and 18 others like this.
  17. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

Nice shaves gents

RyX, Linuxguile, Trigger and 5 others like this.
  18. brit

brit in a box

nice shave sir,enjoy your holiday..

jtspartan, RyX, Linuxguile and 5 others like this.
  19. brit

brit in a box

thank you Joe..it was heavenly..especially the soap..

Linuxguile, Trigger, Hembree and 3 others like this.
  20. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

July 17th
    Razor: Gillette Super Speed L1
    Blade: Rapira Super Stainless (4)
    Brush: SOC badger
    Pre-shave: Stirling Mentholated
    Soap: A&E Tertius
    PAA Galactic witch hazel
    PAA unscented Star Jelly
    AS: A&E Tertius

Wildcard Wednesday

Good morning!

Wonderful shave to start the day! Three passes for near BBS. Fourth use of the Rapira, just because it was in the razor and I was too lazy to dig into my blade stash to get a fresh blade. Kinda tuggy by pass three but it got the job done.

A&E Tertius was chosen for me. I have a few leather scented soaps and aftershaves, Tertius is the favorite. Great scent!

Have a great day! [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

AlDm, FaceScraper, brit and 15 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.