July 2021 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion. All are welcome!

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Primotenore, Jul 1, 2021.

?

How will you celebrate Freedom Month?

1. By shaving with whatever I please.

10 vote(s)
    58.8%
  2. By committing to my first rule.

1 vote(s)
    5.9%
  3. By committing to my first focus.

1 vote(s)
    5.9%
  4. By shaving with only American-made products.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. By eating only American-made ice cream and cookies.

1 vote(s)
    5.9%
  6. By voting to commit the writer of these polls.

4 vote(s)
    23.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

[​IMG]

Dropping in to say hey! All is well with me and our family. Wilson finished kindergarten and is excited about starting first grade. I finished the most difficult year of public education in history, year 17 in total. I continue to shave and do my own foci, but I lost interest in taking daily photos and honestly was spending too much time on the computer and not enough with my family, so I've taken a break. At the same time, I value the friendships here and don't want to lose total contact.

Glad to see the focus thread is alive and well! I'm continuing to tackle my soap collection. I finished off a tub of Stirling Blu earlier this Spring and am now working solely on a tub of Stirling Boat Drinks. I finished off the Mitchell's Wool Fat and ordered another. I did buy a VDH Luxury soap that I saw in the grocery store, but otherwise have not bought any soap in a long time. I continue to rotate through razors and brushes, all the same ones you've seen over the years.

In any event, I wish all of you a happy and productive holiday weekend!

2. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Thanks, Clint! Happy Friday!
    Thank you, Dave!
    It is all pvc, all except where the drain passes through the sink itself and that's where it broke, right at the base of the underside of the sink.
    Best wishes for your continued recovery, Jeff. The fact that you're doing what you're doing amazes me.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

JACarbone, clint64, Hembree and 4 others like this.
  3. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Perry!!!
    Wonderful to see you posting and happy to hear all is well!

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

JACarbone, clint64, Hembree and 5 others like this.
  4. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

Lovely shave and photo, Clint!

JACarbone, clint64, Hembree and 2 others like this.
  5. jgreenepa

Lovely Tedalus shave, Bill! Glad you like it! I decided against acquiring it! I have enough equipment. Enjoyed your video! Your video production skills are definitely improving.

JACarbone, clint64, Hembree and 3 others like this.
  6. jgreenepa

Great shavette shave, Joe!

7. jgreenepa

Welcome Tolga! You’ll never go wrong with a DE89! Good solid shaver!

8. jgreenepa

Now that’s one nic safety razor, Dave! It looks vaguely familiar! ;) Are you using it with a single blade?

9. jgreenepa

Lovely shave, Clint!

10. jgreenepa

Lovely shave, Danny! I like my E_OC Karve plate which is equivalent to the F. Thanks for the shave dedication. It's nice to be back.

11. jgreenepa

The C_OC is equivalent to the D_SB, Jason, according to Karve. I like the shave my Karve OC plates deliver. Enjoy the new plates.

12. Dave in KY

Dave in KY On second thought, Buttercup

That's odd to have a 2nd failure/rusting of it. Must be some pretty thin metal and coating. I know you'll get it sorted out though. Have a good day !
    It was a NOS one, Hone plate showed ZERO wear and 2 blades.........just the way I was taught/instructed ;)

13. jgreenepa

Great shave, Paul!

14. jgreenepa

Lovely shave, Tolga!

15. jgreenepa

I’ve missed your shiny shaves and great photography, Jim! I hope the MOLC Lifestyle agrees with you! Enjoy your day!

16. jgreenepa

Lovely shavette shave, Joe! Glad you like the new soap!

17. jgreenepa

Great to hear from you, Perry! I ended up taking an unexpected two month break myself! Glad to hear things are going well. Spending time with family should always be the priority. Stop in whenever you get the chance!

PLAla, wristwatchb, JACarbone and 5 others like this.
  18. jgreenepa

Thanks, Jim! If Agent Orange couldn’t do me in, a little health glitch certainly won’t! The old cliche “whatever doesn’t kill you, makes you stronger” is a maxim I’ve found helpful. I’m grateful to still be on this side of the grass and able to spend time with all of you! That’s the best medicine!

JACarbone, Hembree, brit and 4 others like this.
  19. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

9538FC0C-B88E-4444-951F-E344747C6B4B.jpeg

Drive by off shave topic post and image.

Turn 1 camera tower at Circuit of the Americas. Today is a give back day, 150 active US military women and men get track time and instruction from men and women instructors, many of which are retired US veterans. 75 motorcycle riders, 75 car drivers. Sponsored by many, mainly Circuit of the Americas track and staff.

20. MrEE

MrEE Half Naked Shave Stalker

Wow, it's July already. I knew I'd be busy, but I didn't anticipate that. I've been shaving with my Gen 1 British Aristocrat a lot and loving it. Nacet blades work absolutely great in the 'crat.

I am planning to participate more in July as I've finished my big spring/summer plans. However, I'm still going to be busy. I'm finally getting back into shooting, hoping to start competing in local matches this fall.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.