July 2022 30 Day Rule/Focus and Discussion. All Are Welcome!

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Trigger, Jul 1, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Very nice shave Charlie. Don’t worry about Joe, @Trigger, I set him straight at our next LI 30DC meet up later this month. :happy088:

wristwatchb, Trigger and brit like this.
  2. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Butterfingers? No worries, you still had a great shave Hogie. Enjoy your 4th. Looks like gorgeous weather in our parts. I guess a ride might be in order today.

Trigger, brit and Hogie like this.
  3. brit

brit in a box

awesome Gary.you can copy/paste your whole post from the SOTD thread.i do this to save time on a daily basis.:):eatdrink047:

JACarbone, Trigger and Hogie like this.
  4. Hogie

Hogie Well-Known Member

I went to my fav italian restaurant yesterday and the cute little waitress was there. I had a very nice ride and plan on another today. 100 mile casual ride.

Re-using my last picture. I was suprised that it was not busy.

Also photographed the first of 26 windmills going up locally. HUGE!!!!

IMG_1283.JPG

IMG_1291.JPG

kjbarth, mrchick, JACarbone and 4 others like this.
  5. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Lol!

6. Trigger

She must be something for you to make a 100 mile round trip.;)

JACarbone, brit and Hogie like this.
  7. Hogie

Hogie Well-Known Member

Too bad you guys meet so far from me. NYC is about 150 miles east of here down Rte 17.
    No way am I going to drive in that city! Gotta go thru the city to get to LI.
    I am a country boy lost in the city!

JACarbone, brit and Trigger like this.
  8. Hogie

Hogie Well-Known Member

Oh, the restaurant is only about 20 miles but, I take the long way home and end up with about a 100 mile ride. Just becus it's so nice riding! ;)
    New progressive suspension makes it ride SO nice!

DSCN7889.JPG

Last edited: Jul 4, 2022
    mrchick, JACarbone, brit and 3 others like this.
  9. Trigger

Actually, you would take 17 to Rte 80 going east to the GWB into the Cross Bronx Expressway. The CBE is always jammed with trucks and construction. It's always a nightmare. Oh, watch out for the potholes. Lol! The Bronx is part of NYC but it isn't Manhattan (NYC proper). Anyway, I would continue east on the Cross Bronx to the Throgs Neck Bridge going south to the LIE (Long Island Expressway). Joe and I are 30 + exits east. I would say you are about 200 to 240 miles one way. Welcome to Long Island!

mrchick, JACarbone, brit and 2 others like this.
  10. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Cross Bronx Expressway? What got the Expressway so mad? (chuk yuk yuk)

JACarbone, brit, Trigger and 2 others like this.
  11. Paul Turner

Thank God you're a country boy :). I'm like that muhself.

12. Paul Turner

On this 4th of July shave, I once again honored Menthol Monday, with Osage Rub. In fact, I had all the same stuff as yesterday. Good shave, although once again I left it with a couple errors (misses on the same area of each sideburn). Midway through breakfast, I decided to go shave'em off. That got things back to normal. The sophisticated goo of Barbasol came through for me again with no problems (save for the sideburns). The aforementiomed Osage Rub was great as always, and I finished again with Passion 4 Men(House of Elizabeth Taylor). Most Excellent(s would have been higher had I not skipped going over the sideburns during the shave itself). Happy Fourth, everyone!!!

kjbarth, mrchick, JACarbone and 4 others like this.
  13. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Once @Paul Turner starts posting SOTD photos, I'll pen a tribute song in his honor using a familiar tune. Besides encouraging Paul, this will help me get over the grief I experienced when @Trigger changed up the group hug.

Happy Independence Day!

kjbarth, mrchick, Hogie and 2 others like this.
  14. Paul Turner

I was just thinking of that-no encouragement for my picture-printing so far. Didn't know if that was a GOOD or BAD sign. I agree Charlie, I kinda miss the apes.

mrchick, Hogie, brit and 2 others like this.
  15. wristwatchb

I also want to share a bit of good news. My Bride and I volunteered at the local children's hospital until circumstances required us to put it on hold in late 2019. My Bride's doc just allowed me to restart, and I expect she will soon follow.

My first day back in the hospital's cardiac ICU was last Monday. I am blessed to be back with my sweet kids.

kjbarth, mrchick, Hogie and 3 others like this.
  16. Paul Turner

Welcome back, Charlie! I need a service dog report :).

brit, Trigger and wristwatchb like this.
  17. wristwatchb

Nice shave, Paul. No point deductions for going back to get a missed spot! It happens to all of us occasionally. Have a great day, my friend. :)

House of Elizabeth Taylor, eh? Looks like @Primotenore ain't the only frag daddy 'round here. ;)

mrchick, Hogie, brit and 2 others like this.
  18. Paul Turner

Right, he(and I too)use House of Swiss Arabia.

brit, Trigger and wristwatchb like this.
  19. wristwatchb

That's a 30Day Crew quotable quote if I ever seen one. :D

20. wristwatchb

Thanks Paul!

I understand that the hospital now has several four-legged heroes. I haven't seen them in action yet, but I will let you know. Here are some photos (from Facebook...volunteers aren't allowed to take photos) in the meantime...

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg

kjbarth, mrchick, Hogie and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.