July 2022 30 Day Rule/Focus and Discussion. All Are Welcome!

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Trigger, Jul 1, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Terrific Schick shave Barry! I will have to break out my Schick E3 this month. Have a great day!

brit and JACarbone like this.
  2. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Definitely progress. I am a bowl lathered 95% of the time. I take a pea to almond size amount of soap and press it into the bowl. I use a damp brush, shaking and squeezing out most of the water, to begin the lathering process. Periodically, as the lather builds I add a few drops of water while continuing to mix with the brush. Gradually the tiny bubbles in the lather dissipate and the lather thickens to the consistency I am looking for.
    Disclaimer: Each artisans soap will respond differently to the process. Some taking longer while others load up quickly.

For instance, Mitchell’s Wool Fat (MWF), I use about a 60-75 second load on the brush of the puck followed by the bowl lathering process which may take me a couple of minutes.

Phoenix Artisans Accouterments (PAA) the entire process may take me less than 2 minutes.

I hope this helps.

mrchick, brit, Paul Turner and 2 others like this.
  3. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

:happy097:

4. Hogie

Hogie Well-Known Member

I had another very pleasant shave with the Hawk and first use of a fresh Feather Professional blade. Blade really was dull yesterday. So, I will bin these blades after 1 week of shaves. BBS shave today. 3-pass shave just because. WTG, ATG, XTG with minor pickup.

Razor Razorock Hawk v3 standard with Professional blade 1st use
    Soap is Mitchell's Wool Fat with a dollop of TOBS Almond cream to create rich lather
    Simpson Trafalgar T3 brush
    Pre-shave is the TOBS Herbal Gel that I want to use up
    Shave Nation alum bar
    Thayers toner and Geo F Trumper skin food for after shave treatment
    Splash of Pinaud "Virgin Island Bay Rum" AS

Showered and warmed the bowl and brush with HOT water. Bloomed the MWF with a little hot water on top of the puck. MWF lathers really easy. Nice blend with the TOBS. The almond is kinda mild so, it works well with the MWF.

The mixing of the TOBS cream with the MWF is nice. It creates really rich lather. I did a 3-pass shave to get BBS face. Very pleasant. Alum bar raised no feedback. No cuts, nicks, or weepers. I even di a shave on the top of the dome.

Washed face with the brush squeezings and last of the soap from the bowl. Face is nice and smooth and smelling great!

DSCN8058.JPG

JACarbone, mrchick, kjbarth and 5 others like this.
  5. Trigger

Terrific shave, pic and setup Hogie! Have a great day!

JACarbone, brit and Hogie like this.
  6. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Certainly is. I'm also glad Central Texas Soaps improved their barbershop pole on Grandps's Barbershop.

JACarbone, brit and Trigger like this.
  7. Paul Turner

Thank you Joe....the cut forced the downgrade to an otherwise great shave.

JACarbone, brit and Trigger like this.
  8. Paul Turner

Yepppp(long lung beath)you wouldn't hear ME singin' that.

JACarbone, wristwatchb, brit and 2 others like this.
  9. ewk

ewk Well-Known Member

One July -- One Humankind -- Shave 3
    Sunday Morning Edition

Razor: Yates 921M
    Blade: vintage Schick
    Brush: Yaqi badger
    Soap: Martin de Candre - original
    A/S: La Toja

Today's razor is my very favorite-desert island-pry out of my cold dead hands tool, the Yates 921. This is the one-year anniversary of my discovery of the Yates. Today's soap is an homage to the beauty of France, and in gratitude for their aid during the American battle for independence.

IMG_20220703_090331012.jpg

JACarbone, mrchick, kjbarth and 4 others like this.
  10. Paul Turner

Much better shave this morning than yesterday (course there was no shave soap in this morning's persuasion). Main reason I say that? No cuts, Knicks or red polka-dots. I was afraid I was going to get a cut at the very first razor use (South to North up the left sideburn) but I survived. Porcupine checked in as well done. Mighta done a bit better along the jawline, and I did try to "retrace" that area, but didn't get all of it. I'll get it tomorrow. Cactus wass fine, although again I left a litte astroturf just off to the side of the Ingrown Swamp area(towards the center). Definitely an area to focus on. The Osage felt niiiiice, and I closed with Passion 4 Men cologne(House of Elizabeth Taylor). Super Duper Excellent.

11. Trigger

Excellent shave and tribute to our French allies Eric! Enjoy your day!

JACarbone, ewk, brit and 1 other person like this.
  12. Trigger

Very nice indeed Paul. Have a great day.

JACarbone, brit, Hogie and 1 other person like this.
  13. Paul Turner

Thank you Joe....hope to get in a couple lengths walk of the driveway here(it's a biggie).

14. Paul Turner

It's fascinating that a "pea to almond sized amount of soap"(your quotes) can result in a lot more than that when worked into a bowl. Same thing as with dishwashing liquid, I'd say.(Course we don't SHAVE with that kinda persuasion, chuk yuk yuk).

JACarbone, Trigger and brit like this.
  15. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

Thanks

Last edited: Jul 3, 2022
    JACarbone and Trigger like this.
  16. Hembree

Thanks...they are awesome brushes.

17. Hembree

Thanks Joe and you as well.

JACarbone, Trigger and brit like this.
  18. brit

brit in a box

thank you Joe.:):eatdrink047:

JACarbone and Trigger like this.
  19. Hembree

20220703_101139.jpg
    Yesterday’s shave.

Yaqi Mellon head.
    Weber Bulldog handle.
    Feather blade (fresh).
    Yaqi synthetic brush.
    Soap Commander Libery shave soap.
    Timeless Razor shave bowl.
    Cremo Bourbon and Oak EdT.

No shave today but yesterday's shave was an awesome one. Three very smooth passes with no blood loss. The Feather and the Mellon head pairs up very nice.

I hope everyone is have a very enjoyable weekend.

20. Hembree

Awesome shave....the Hawks are amazing razors.

Take care.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.