July 2022 30 Day Rule/Focus and Discussion. All Are Welcome!

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Trigger, Jul 1, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brit

brit in a box

cool tune.i had all their albums at one point,and a couple of 8 tracks..;).out of the blue is a favorite album,a new world record also.:)

JACarbone, mrchick and Trigger like this.
  2. brit

brit in a box

cool shave and pic Brian.are the stirling razors pricey?

JACarbone, mrchick and Trigger like this.
  3. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Best example of rhyming I ever heard.

4. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

That's a shortened version, but it includes most of their good work which made it such a classic.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2022
    JACarbone, brit and Trigger like this.
  5. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Gary, they are discounted because these razors were outsourced outside the US. Rod had to scratch the Made in USA stamp on the razors. The specs are the same as the second batch that are actually made in the US. Rod believes in integrity and felt it was not right to charge full price. You can get his razors for approx 70 dollars.

JACarbone, mrchick and brit like this.
  6. brit

brit in a box

ok,thank you Joe.very cool.:):eatdrink047:

JACarbone and Trigger like this.
  7. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Gary, take care of yourself and your Bride. Thankfully, my Bride didn't get it.

I'll try to post a bit this month as long as @Trigger doesn't try to hug me. He has already insulted me, and the month just started. :happy102:

July 3

G3 Gillette Slim
    GSB (1)
    B-400 by Tom handle w/Envy White Supreme two-band knot
    Stirling Executive Man
    Witch hazel, USB, Fine Platinum AS & Aramis

I had been using my travel razor (a Trac II) the past few weeks, and I just switched over to a birth quarter Slim this morning. I'm currently working through a tub of Stirling Executive Man and probably have a month or so of shaves left on it.

Lately, I've been shaving every other day using 1 to 2 passes. If I do a good job stretching my skin, I land somewhere in DFS territory. The Slim on setting 9 this morning provided a great shave.

I'll plan to stick with the same set up this month. Thanks for letting me ride along.

Grace and Peace.

kjbarth, JACarbone, Trigger and 2 others like this.
  8. wristwatchb

Will do, Gary!

Trigger and brit like this.
  9. Screwtape

Screwtape A Shaving Butterfly

Great intro, Joe. And it will be interesting to see what people come up with on your theme.

Personally, I am Canadian, so I can use things like Rockwell, Karve or Henson razors ... or at least I could if I wasn't busy selling them all off. However, all is not lost as I have some vintage Canadian-made Gillette razors. Including a Tech that belonged to my Dad.

As a Canadian of primarily European background, I also have the basic mongrel ancestry that means I can use almost any shave gear I want and claim a patriotic "ethnic/national right" to use it. Let's see now: my known ancestry is English, Irish, Scottish, German and Norwegian ... with Celtic, Roman, Saxon, Danish, Norman and Viking in the English deep background... and the German was from the German - French border region that was passed back and forth between France, Germanic states and others for centuries... And the family also passed through the US -- my paternal grandparents were born in North Dakota... So basically, I think I can claim almost anything Canadian, American or European as "ancestral heritage shave items"...

kjbarth, Trigger, brit and 2 others like this.
  10. wristwatchb

Hi Paul. My Bride wasn't watching me today, and this is what happens when I'm not supervised. :rofl:

brit and mrchick like this.
  11. wristwatchb

I love it, Brian. That sounds great!

Trigger, brit and mrchick like this.
  12. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

Looking at it, I knew it would take shaving with care, like with a straight. It actually have a very nice shave.

13. wristwatchb

Nice Hammy. I used to have one just like that. I lost it in St. Louis. :happy097:

Trigger, brit and mrchick like this.
  14. mrchick

Not bad. I bought this one with two handles and two base plates for $115.00. There is a story on the website about why the price is this good. Check it out. They are actually nice razors.

15. Screwtape

Sunday July 3 - sort of patriotic

Razor: Supply 2.0 matte black with SE comb plate / Supply Black Label (10) -- American razor / Japanese blade
    Brush: Simpsons Chubby 2 Synthetic -- as English as they come
    Soap: MWF -- English and I believe northern English at that (my mother's family came from both sides of the Scottish Border)
    Post: Polar Ice Booster -- uhmmm... generic multi-national commercial conglomerate??

All the usual suspects from my recent shaves returned -- just with claimed "ethnic/national heritage" attached.

A quick one-and-done shave today before I zipped out to run a few errands.

The blade was still good on its tenth use. No degradation noted yet.

kjbarth, Trigger and brit like this.
  16. mrchick

What a strange coincidence……

Trigger, brit and wristwatchb like this.
  17. wristwatchb

I was inspired by our travels to Minnesota. We often stop in Galesburg, IL for lunch. That's Carl Sandburg's birthplace.

mrchick, Trigger, brit and 1 other person like this.
  18. brit

brit in a box

what are you selling John?:)

Trigger likes this.
  19. brit

brit in a box

will do,thank you Brian.:):eatdrink047:

mrchick, Trigger and JACarbone like this.
  20. Screwtape

I haven't been active recently on TSD for long enough to be allowed to sell here, so I have stuff posted instead on Badger & Blade and The Shave Nook right now. Sold several things; still have up for sale a new Parker adjustable injector razor, a Delta Echo refurbished and Cerakoted Gillette SuperAdjustable SA-109, a Rockwell T-2 adjustable razor and stand, a Karve brass Christopher Bradley razor with an open comb "C" plate and stand, a Karve skateboard maple 2-band badger brush, and an Alpha Shaving prototype T-400 aluminum brush with a 2-band badger knot.

If you are interested in any of it, you can either find the listings on B&B or TSN, or I suppose you could PM me here.

For that matter, I have a huge stash of other vintage razors and new and vintage brushes. If you are looking for anything in particular, let me know and I can see if I have one that is surplus to requirements :).

mrchick, wristwatchb, Trigger and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.