June 2020 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by NCoxSTL, May 31, 2020.

?

Your plan for June?

1. I'm gonna rock a RULE!

2 vote(s)
    7.4%
  2. Basic razors are my plan. Keep it simple, keep it real.

8 vote(s)
    29.6%
  3. Basic aftershaves and shave cream soap. Keep it simple, keep it real.

5 vote(s)
    18.5%
  4. Basic everything! Keep it simple, keep it real.

7 vote(s)
    25.9%
  5. I'm just waiting for more cookies. Keep it simple, keep it sweet!

8 vote(s)
    29.6%
  6. I'm just waiting for more ice cream. Keep it simple, keep it cold!

8 vote(s)
    29.6%
  7. I'm going to shave. With some gear. Just keeping on like I always do.

16 vote(s)
    59.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Angelo85

Angelo85 Well-Known Member

I’ll be using my vintage Gillette razors along with basic software (soaps, creams, aftershaves) for June. Currently I’m waiting on a few soaps from Col. Conk that I’ll be more than happy to use. Aftershave wise I’ll use some of my favorite Clubman aftershaves, English Leather, Brut, Aqua Velva, Skin Bracer etc. cream wise I think Omega and Palmolive are in order.

2. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

@JACarbone Missed answering your question: 'How do you like the Floid Black?'

It is very nice. Slight menthol, pineapple/barbershoppy (sweet) straight out of the bottle. It's very much like Floid Amber, but I believe the 'Black' tag or labeling hints to a pepper or slight musk component (or a combination). Am I going to purchase a full size bottle? Not sure....there are other barbershop fragrances I have that are pretty similar, and the Floid after shave/brand doesn't quite have the long lasting component for me (4+ hours).

There are some reviews on West Coast Shaving and Maggards (where I purchased) as well.

3. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

Very nice Keith! Great setup. That Creed Aventus :drool:

Lovely image Jim! Awesome warm toned greens. Really nice Flare tip too!

9nein9, clint64, jgreenepa and 5 others like this.
  4. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Thanks, Blair!
    The Flare Tip was a pleasant surprise. Fifteen dollar purchase from the Bay that arrived much nicer than it appeared in the pictures. I bought it because it is a birth year, birth quarter razor.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

5. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

My shave this morning to open June was practically a rubber-stamp of the one that ended May. I had the Central Texas Soaps leather again, but with a different brush-as I don't use the same brush for 2 days in a row-the Maggard 26 mm Marble Handle. I'd say that one and the Jayaruh 59 are my two most attractive brushes. It was another "You're gonna need a bigger boat-oops, that second pass".3 weepers again, one almost graduating to a cut, which I saved in time. Nevertheless a fine shave overall. Once again Very Excellent.

6. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

In for June. The plan is to cycle through my Wolfman razors, Paladin, Varlet, and El Druida brushes this month.

7. Boojum1

June 1, 2020

Blackland Blackbird
    Wizamet Super Iridium
    Paladin El Dorado
    Savionniere du Moulin
    CRSW Juniper
    ADP Ginepro di Sardegna

[​IMG]

8. Paul Turner

Ahh, all right....we'll be nice and let you get away with the "double negative" reason.

9nein9, jgreenepa, clint64 and 5 others like this.
  9. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Very , very nice shave, post and of course pic Jim!

9nein9, jgreenepa, clint64 and 3 others like this.
  10. Paul Turner

First there were music studios...then art studios...now, those of the shave persuasion.

11. Trigger

:cool:

9nein9, clint64, brit and 4 others like this.
  12. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Gonna be a beautiful month of gear, Mark. :happy088:

13. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    I just voted for all of them, because there is no rule saying I can't.
    Hate to break it to you, Paul, but that wasn't a "double negative". :rolleyes005:

14. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

june012020.jpg
    June 1st

In for June! Will be doing one or two 'Just the Basics' shaves a week, and then rotating all the other fun gear for remaining shaves.

Today's 'Just the Basics' shave....also qualifies for Joe's @Trigger 'budget' shave. The LA Shaving Soap Company AS, the restored Ever Ready 100 with a flat top synthetic, and the Gillette Single Ring were all part of a TSD 'Traveling Box' acquisition, which carries a participation price of $19.95 for postage. The LaToja shave stick, completely enabled by @clint64, was an add on purchase from Maggard's for $5.00. Blade in use today, a Bolzano SuperInox on it's 3rd use, was a whopping $0.18.

Everything worked beautifully, scrubbed the LaToja shave stick over 48 hours of growth, face lathered with the damp ER100 to nice slick goodness, albeit not quite the volume of cushion I usually get with artisan soaps. Need to work on that.... The Gillette Single Ring loaded with the Bolzano, 2 passes to a great DFS+. No shenanigans to report. Finished with a hefty application of the LASSC 'Topanga Fougère' after shave, a very earthy fougère, but with a subtle floral component that makes it keeper.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Monday!

15. Paul Turner

QUOTE="Primotenore, post: 1804864, member: 11233"]I just voted for all of them, because there is no rule saying I can't.
    Hate to break it to you, Paul, but that wasn't a "double negative". :rolleyes005:[/QUOTE] Here is the double negative I saw. "No rule saying I can't." We have NO and CAN'T. That appears to me to be the double negative.

16. Trigger

Now that I am officially on Medicare, I have the right to choose whatever gear that suits me. In April, I used vintage razors, last month I used more contemporary razors so this month I will use razors in both caregories. I will be using Proraso and Cryogen on a steadiier basis because the weather will be warmer. I will do Menthol Mondays, and another day or two of menthol shaves.

17. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

Nice! Love it when that happens. And....I have an L1, birth year, birth quarter Gillette Slim Adjustable. :eatdrink047:

18. Paul Turner

They let you in early Joe? You can't have your Medicare until I get my haircut, remember?????? (puzzled here).

19. Trigger

Awesome budget shave Blair!

9nein9, clint64, jgreenepa and 4 others like this.
  20. Boojum1

Thanks Joseph! thumbsup.gif Yes, a bit of summer decadence is in order.

9nein9, clint64, Primotenore and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.