June 2020 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by NCoxSTL, May 31, 2020.

?

Your plan for June?

1. I'm gonna rock a RULE!

2 vote(s)
    7.4%
  2. Basic razors are my plan. Keep it simple, keep it real.

8 vote(s)
    29.6%
  3. Basic aftershaves and shave cream soap. Keep it simple, keep it real.

5 vote(s)
    18.5%
  4. Basic everything! Keep it simple, keep it real.

7 vote(s)
    25.9%
  5. I'm just waiting for more cookies. Keep it simple, keep it sweet!

8 vote(s)
    29.6%
  6. I'm just waiting for more ice cream. Keep it simple, keep it cold!

8 vote(s)
    29.6%
  7. I'm going to shave. With some gear. Just keeping on like I always do.

16 vote(s)
    59.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    The CH3 is a lather-making machine!

brit, Trigger, clint64 and 4 others like this.
  2. timabababaluka

timabababaluka No exceptions. Except.....

The corners of my mouth are whirled like that--like hairy black holes of frustration (blood appears to be the only substance that can escape them). If I want a comfortable shave there, slow strokes, gradual reduction, and multiple directions is the only way. :D

dvdhviid, jluc, brit and 4 others like this.
  3. Primotenore

Article Team
    Thank you, Clint. Here's to a terrific July! :eatdrink047:

jluc, brit, Trigger and 4 others like this.
  4. Primotenore

Article Team
    Great shave, Perry. Enjoy the new product.

5. Primotenore

Article Team
    Thank you, Joe. I wrote Manuel and told him how much I enjoyed using his soap. He always responds immediately and very graciously. The guy is a class act.

JACarbone, Keithmax, jluc and 6 others like this.
  6. Primotenore

Article Team
    That was funny, Andrew. :p

jluc, brit, Trigger and 5 others like this.
  7. dvdhviid

dvdhviid Well-Known Member

3x6=18

8. timabababaluka

Great report and review, Perry! :D

Probably an unfair question considering they sound like different creatures, BUT out of curiosity, if you could only have Justice or Fortitude as a tobacco scent, which would you choose?

jluc, brit, Trigger and 3 others like this.
  9. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Thanks for the info!

Thank you, Joe!

Thank you, Jeff!

Right now all Alabama public schools must plan on in-person learning while also providing parents an option for virtual. It’s an either/or. No bouncing back and forth. We are scheduled to start August 6 and band camp starts up with everyone July 13. Our guidance and instructions for what we can and can’t do is sparse at best. It’s frustrating.

Thank you, Andrew!

Thank you, Joseph!

10. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

Thanks, so I’ll do so as well! I think I’ll begin July with a Feather SS shave.

11. PLAla

Thank you, Tim! I would choose Justice over Fortitude. I like the savory nature of Justice more than the sweet notes of Fortitude. They’re both great but to answer your question Justice is the top.

JACarbone, jluc, brit and 4 others like this.
  12. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

You are correct!

13. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

Just the Basics June

Tuesday's Shave

Vikings Blade The Chieftain
    Astra SP
    Miusco Badger
    Col Conk Bay Rum Shave Soap
    Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum

I have truly enjoyed being a part of this great group this month and I thank everyone for their words of encouragement and advice. I mentioned at the start of the month that I was worried about keeping up with the sheer amount of posts in the thread, but somehow it worked out just fine. I am looking forward to being a part of the group in July as well. Thanks guys!

To end this month's focus on using the basics, I decided to use my very first wet shave kit. The brush came with the stand, the razor looked shiny, the soap was included with the bowl, and the blades were $5 for 30. Amazon was my first shaving gear enabler!

Three days ago actually marks my three year anniversary of switching to traditional wet shaving. I know this thanks to my purchase history record on Amazon. It has been a fun 3 years! I used this same kit for a year and a half before I decided to get curious and found the shaving forums. And I thought I would be saving money... Well, I did for the first year and a half anyway.

Today's shave was probably the best I have ever gotten from this kit. 2 passes for a DFS+ and no irritation.
    Thinking back, early on I probably had some of the worst lathers imaginable, but I didn't know any better then. I'd say I have learned a lot and my technique has improved a bit. :D
    Note: The VIBR was not part of my original kit, but I wanted to use it today. I actually did not use an aftershave back when I started.

SOTD 06.30.2020.jpg

14. timabababaluka

I'm inclined to agree with you--those bay notes sound like a uniquely wonderful direction for a tobacco scent :D

jluc, brit, jgreenepa and 3 others like this.
  15. PLAla

Nice post, Andrew! Col Conk was some of the first soap I used when trying out a brush and making the switch. Good stuff!

jluc, brit, jgreenepa and 4 others like this.
  16. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

Thanks, Perry!

brit, jgreenepa and Trigger like this.
  17. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Fulton and Gwinnett Counties, the 2 largest school systems in the state, just postponed starting class until 8/17/20. Parent will decide on virtual or in class learning tonight. My understanding is its all or nothing deal. I bet ours will be a complete mess.

Keithmax, jluc, brit and 5 others like this.
  18. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thanks and you too. You now have me on the titanic soap kick. I will knock out Mike's Lavender in the first 2 weeks of July. Then I have my eye on some very hard soaps from Spain and Portugal that I might add to the den.

dvdhviid, Keithmax, jluc and 4 others like this.
  19. timabababaluka

Awesome way to end the Back to Basics focus, Andrew! That's actually a pretty decent starter kit--I still remember my first set up: EJ DE89, a no-name Turkish horsehair brush, a puck of one of the Van der Hagen shave soaps, and a tuck of Derby extras. I'd be curious to know what kit other folks here started out with :D

20. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Fabulous way to end the month Andrew. I am looking forward to your participation in July. I already consider you a regular here in the 30DC.

dvdhviid, jluc, brit and 5 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.