June 2021 30-Day Rule/Focus Pix and Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by wristwatchb, May 26, 2021.

?

In June, I plan to:

1. Complete a rule

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Complete a focus

4.8%
  3. Do it my way

42.9%
  4. Buy more stuff

23.8%
  5. Instigate shenanigans and tomfoolery

28.6%
  6. Start using Tabac and turn my life around

9.5%
  7. Eat more ice cream, cookies, and fried onion rings

42.9%
  8. Keep changing my answers to affect Paul Turner’s poll projections

52.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

That is great your wife is recovering very well from hernia surgery Danny.

2. Trigger

Classy setup Mike!

3. Trigger

I plead the fifth and I repent as well.

Hembree, JACarbone and clint64 like this.
  4. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Thanks Joe. I sincerely appreciate the prayers. Your workouts are impressive.
    Sweet looking watch, Blair, and thanks for the prayers!

I'm not much of a fancy coffee shop kind of guy. I'm the guy that refills his travel mug for a buck at the local gas station. Kathy and I split a latte awhile back with 800 calories! This is something we hardly ever do, but I will do it for her. An 800 calorie "treat" with no ice cream in it is a big mistake in my book. :) It will be fun to see our friend, and I'll probably grab a big 'ole plain cup (I refuse to call it a grande'...more like a big gulp) of whatever they're serving up that day.
    Thank you, Danny. So glad to hear you're spending time with those sweet grand babies, and I'm especially thankful that your Bride is recovering!

Update: nearly all the test results are in...doctor's visits start tomorrow. One more test to go...have a question on one test result...otherwise everything looks really good...as far as this old hillbilly can tell. We are blessed indeed. :)

A group of teenagers and young adults came to the transplant house tonight to sing and then visit with everyone. It was very touching and humbling to see these how these young adults choose to spend their time and talents. Every time I start to get full of myself, I'm coming to stay at a transplant house. It reminds me of how fortunate and blessed I am.

1.jpg

I'm not sure why the Trolley has my name plastered across the front grill. I went into hiding this afternoon and plan to travel incognito the rest of the week...just in case. One can never be too careful. :)

2.jpg

brit, Hembree, JACarbone and 10 others like this.
  5. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

Oh yeah baby, Aoud Cuir d'Arabie is the bomb!

Nothing like starting the day of with and epic shave.

They do make an excellent brush, glad you enjoying yours.

Hembree, JACarbone, Trigger and 4 others like this.
  6. Keithmax

Praying for you both. Let me know if you need a good lawyer to sue over the use of your name without authorization.

7. Keithmax

It is a busy so no time to keep up with the thread. Here are two recent shaves.

Tuesday shave: I am not a fan of small razors except for my Saito SK-3. MdC with a touch of lanolin added provide the slickness for an epic shave.
    IMG_0649.jpeg

Wednesday shave: An excellent shave with a Brian Brown 7/8 half hollow. The B&M soap makes a very wet lather, slick but it ends up everywhere.
    IMG_0651.jpeg

brit, Hembree, JACarbone and 11 others like this.
  8. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

"Gillette Techs are to the shaving world what the Volkswagen Beetle was to the automotive world..."So true Danny. A simple genius design. :cool:

9. palmolive fox

Thank you Garry.:cool:

brit, Hembree, JACarbone and 2 others like this.
  10. palmolive fox

A superb array of Gillette Tech brilliance.:happy096:

11. palmolive fox

Thank you Blair.:cool:

Hembree, JACarbone, Trigger and 2 others like this.
  12. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    :signs001:

Hembree, Trigger and clint64 like this.
  13. Dave in KY

Dave in KY On second thought, Buttercup

Wednesday June 30, 2021
    Razor: Vintage Sweedo
    Blade: Personna Injector
    Brush: Vintage Williams Boar
    Soap: Vintage Williams
    AS 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
    AS 2: Vintage Williams Aqua Velva
    Fragrance: Tom Ford Grey Vetiver
    Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 966

The Sweedo takes a proprietary blade that requires modifying not just the center but also the 2 posts and I gave up and used an Injector which locks into 1 side with ease. Great shave that got me surprisingly close. Was struggling to get thru my fools pass ATG but most have a little difficulty with those wires they have there and I blame the Personna Blade. Still got the glass smoothness I desire there too. Have a great Wednesday Everyone !
    IMG_20210630_064719483.jpg

Last edited: Jun 30, 2021
    brit, Hembree, Edison Carter and 10 others like this.
  14. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

June 30, 2021
    WSC/Yates Winning Razor
    Feather
    Rudy Vey Rover with Shavemac D01 3 Band
    Fine Aquamarine
    Shave Soap & Aftershave

[​IMG]

Happy Hump Day Everyone. This week is going by very quickly. I noticed the Fine Aquamarine soap sitting on the shelf needing some love. I had forgotten just how good the original Fine soap base works. The soap was easy to load and lather. Three passes with touch ups ended in a drama free BBS shave. I did a much better job buffing my neck this morning. I hope everyone has a great Wednesday.

June 2021 Recap

[​IMG]

This month has gone by very quickly. One the shaving front, I have been using more shave creams trying to reduce the soap inventory. However, I added a Stirling Glacial soap to the den so that tells you about my success in reducing the number of soaps. :) I added the WSC Winning razor and the Simpson CH3 Neon Pink synthetic to the den this month as well. I am very pleased with the additions to the den. As usual the best part of the month was following the thread. I enjoy the banter and friendship exhibited here on a daily basis. I look forward to participating next month.

brit, Hembree, JACarbone and 11 others like this.
  15. Trigger

Georgous razors and wonderful shaves Keith!
    Wonderful Williams Wednedsay shave Dave!

16. Trigger

Another awesome shave by you Clint! Personally, I find that my 2 Fine soaps lather well but the scent strength is a 1 on a scale of 10.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2021
    Hembree, JACarbone and clint64 like this.
  17. Dave in KY

Dave in KY On second thought, Buttercup

Awesome shave and recap Clint !

18. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you Joe.

Hembree and Trigger like this.
  19. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you Dave

20. HighSpeed

HighSpeed Well-Known Member

Thanks very much Gary.

Thank you Joe.

brit, Hembree, JACarbone and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.