June 2022 30 Day Rule/Focus and Discussion. All Are Welcome!

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Trigger, May 31, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hogie

Hogie Well-Known Member

I found one! Not bad price neither!
    Next week!

new model long comb.jpg new model long comb01.jpg new model long comb03.jpg

brit, jgreenepa, JACarbone and 2 others like this.
  2. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    brit, Paul Turner, jgreenepa and 3 others like this.
  3. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

20220601_064456.jpg
    Yesterday and today's shave.

Ikon B1 OSS head.
    Lemonwald stainless steel handle (painted).
    Astra SP blade
    Yaqi synthetic brush.
    Soap Commander Fortitude shave soap.
    Timeless Razor shave bowl.
    Irish Chestnut by Andy Hilfiger cologne.

The Ikon OSS is a hard razor to put down. Awesome shaves this week.

Take care everyone!

brit, Paul Turner, jgreenepa and 3 others like this.
  4. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

brit, jgreenepa, JACarbone and 2 others like this.
  5. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

You're welcome Paul! I try to remember what each member contributes to this thread to encourage their informative posts and acknowledge whatever they share in their personal lives. I do this to foster a positive thread so that members feel comfortable and that they would want to stay here because it makes there day and not out of obligation. I want to be clear that my predecessors did a great job guiding this thread and they each brought something unique to this thread. With the talents that the good Lord gave me, I took the reigns of this thread because it helped me in my journey and also, it was important for me to give back and not let this thread die. I don't have all the answers. I have always said that anyone could pm me and give me their insight to make this thread better, etc. Presently, I like the caliber of the members and the direction of this thread. This is the beginning of my 9th month guiding this thread and it has been my pleasure doing so. Enjoy your day Paul.

brit, Paul Turner, jgreenepa and 2 others like this.
  6. Trigger

I guess you got to excited to start off the month on the right foot. Just relax and take it easy. Lol! Seriously Paul, glad you don't need stitches, but I pray that you be more careful.

7. Trigger

Terrific shaves Jeff! You definitely like your Japanese straights!

brit, jgreenepa and JACarbone like this.
  8. Trigger

9. Trigger

Alabama awesome shave Danny. You have to give your other razors some playing time. Lol! Take care.

brit, jgreenepa and JACarbone like this.
  10. Hogie

Hogie Well-Known Member

I like your input, Joe!

It looks like I found this place just as it is blooming!:bounce017:

11. Hogie

Hogie Well-Known Member

YEP! I am going to have to edit my list again! This looks like a really nice one too. Gotten for less than most brand new razors without a case!
    Right place at the right time looking for the right item! The open comb razors are my fav DE razors for sure.

12. Hogie

Hogie Well-Known Member

It's a hot day for a fluffy.
    DSCN6955.JPG

13. Trigger

Thank you Hogie! Last year, there was a mass exodus of members. At one time, this thread would have between 8K -10K posts per month. When I took over, the slide continued. My first month (Oct 2021) had a total of approx 1200 posts, a drop of 600 from the prior month. My second month (Nov 2021) saw another drop of 400 bringing the lowest total on this thread to just over 800. In other words, I had two consecutive record lows starting out. Needless to say, I thought that I was not meant to right this ship. However, the third month (Dec 2021), it went up 400 to get back to 1200 posts which was the same total as my first month. So, my first 3 months were very ominous. At the start of this year, the thread started to pick up steam. New members came and went. I didn't take it personally because I mentioned that the door is always open on this thread and that includes those who flat out left. Today, I am encouraged that we had over 3,000 posts and hopefully, more people will come and share their journey or want to learn how to improve their technique, honing, etc. Would I like to get this thread back up to where it was when I first came on the scene 3 years ago. Absolutely! However, I want good, decent folk on this thread over the number of posts per month. A core group is very important to keep any thread viable and that's what I desire for this thread. In that regard, I believe we are there.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2022
  14. Trigger

brit, jgreenepa, Hogie and 1 other person like this.
  15. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Well said Joe and thank you for the shout out.
    I will go with my original thought for this month, a Gemini theme shave. I will shave with the same set up for two days in a row, Tuesday through Sunday. I will continue to reserve Monday for my Micromatic & Darkfall shaves.

Looking forward to a great month of shaves. Tomorrow’s Gemini shave will start off with the THiers-Issard Super Gnome straight. This razor is always given the honor of a shave that hits a multiple of 100 as well as 25. The next two shaves will features SRS #’s 699 & 700.

Yes, Jeff, @jgreenepa, it’s a numbers things for the LI 30DC members. Shave number 1000 with the straight will be somewhere around December of 2023.

E2CA4B91-BD77-4666-A5ED-2E687E35BB8E.jpeg

SRS # 698 - Gemini Shave #2 - La Concorde

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Drew Dick 7/8” Quarter Hollow Purple Heartwood
    Brush: Jayaruh 410 with Omega #48 Boar
    Lather: Blackship Grooming Company La Concorde
    Aftershave: Black Ship Grooming Co. La Concorde
    Additional Care:
    Stirling Alum Block
    Stirling Unscented Glacial Balm
    Thayer’s Witch Hazel - Original

Hogie, brit, jgreenepa and 1 other person like this.
  16. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Wonderful shave to start a new month Danny.

brit, jgreenepa and Trigger like this.
  17. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

18. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

That is one fine looking shave Hogie.

19. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Sorry that the razor bit you Paul. Glad you were able to limit the damage and loss of the crimson juice.

20. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Wonderful Japanese straight shave Jeff.

Hogie, brit, jgreenepa and 1 other person like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.