June 2022 30 Day Rule/Focus and Discussion. All Are Welcome!

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Trigger, May 31, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Thanks Joe and you are welcome. Wonderful shave to start out the month.

Hogie, brit, JACarbone and 1 other person like this.
  2. Hogie

Hogie Well-Known Member

my problem is that there is nobody here to stop me except the cat. :happy102:

I also ordered more Treet Carbon Steel blades and another Fatip razor. The "Grande"

Fatip_Grande_Chrome_Open_Comb_Razor_2048x2048.jpg

Last edited: Jun 1, 2022
  3. Trigger

June1 SOTD

Good afternoon.

20220601_153208.jpg

Straight Razor Shave #372
    7/8 F Herder and Sons Ace of ♠️
    Omega Pro 49 Boar
    Cella SS
    Old Spice AS
    Maggard's Alum Block
    Dickinson's Witch Hazel
    Beard Growth: 31 hrs

I decided to use my Ace of ♠️ today. I used it recently and did a quick hone on it, but it wasn't as sharp as I would have like it. I kept my film out because I knew that I had to tweak the razor for its next shave. Of course, I relapped the razor before I shaved today. This time, I went to my 1 micron (15k)and started with 80 strokes for each side and halved that number for each round until I hit one. That amounts to a total of 151 strokes per side. Hit the edge with the .3 micron (50k+), starting at 10, and halving the number each round until 1. It amounts to 21 strokes per side. Hit the edge on my Crox strop 20x, then the linen 20x and finally the leather 50x.
    I have to say that the edge was much better because I got a nice, smooth error-free shave on 2 passes with minor pickups.
    Cella is such a slick soap, it's hard not to get a great shave.
    The alum didn't give me any feedback. It was smooth as ice.
    Finished with the witch hazel and the Old Spice aftershave.
    I am feeling refreshed. Take care.
    PS. I will be doing the 2 in a row with the same razors in keeping with the wedding theme. So, that means the Ace of ♠️ will be doing an encode performance.

brit, Paul Turner, JACarbone and 2 others like this.
  4. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

5. jgreenepa

Awesome southern shave, Danny!

brit, JACarbone and Trigger like this.
  6. jgreenepa

That’s very true, my friend! Tomorrow I’m shaving with my Iwasaki 33. I was never all that happy with the edge! When I examined it under the USB microscope I discovered a double bevel! So I spent this afternoon killing the edge it arrived with and building a new bevel. Shapton Kuromaku 1.5k, 5k, 8k, Chosera 12k, and Gokumyo 20k. It’s currently poppin hairs and styrofoam! Can’t wait to shave with it tomorrow!

7. jgreenepa

I post a fair bit on the FB shave and other online forums, and always mention this thread! It brought @JACarbone and @palmolive fox two incredible mentors and contributors! We’ll get there buddy! How long I’ll be here is an open question, but as long as my health holds up, I’ll be here. I think I’m the oldest member currently on the thread!

Hogie, palmolive fox, brit and 2 others like this.
  8. jgreenepa

Fabulous Drew Dick Shave kit, Joe! I always enjoy your posts, even though stinks aren’t my thing!

brit, JACarbone and Trigger like this.
  9. Trigger

I believe you will be around for quite awhile. I appreciate your efforts to promote this thread. If it wasn't for you, then I would have never met Joe Carbone.

Hogie, JACarbone and jgreenepa like this.
  10. jgreenepa

Thanks, Joe! I rebuilt the bevel on my Iwasaki 33! I’ll be shaving with that tomorrow! As Glen would say, it’s now “stupid sharp”!

11. jgreenepa

El Numeroso, your honing commentary has stayed true to your numerate orientation! Fabulous shave! I love my 49 as well! They hold a great edge!

brit, Trigger and JACarbone like this.
  12. jgreenepa

Someday, maybe we can meet in person! We have a suburban and a city place. If you are ever down this way, “mi Casa es su Casa!”

brit, Trigger and JACarbone like this.
  13. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Wonderful pick up Hogie. I have the Fatip Grande. It is a wonderful raozr.

Hogie, jgreenepa, brit and 1 other person like this.
  14. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Thank you Jeff.

jgreenepa, brit and Trigger like this.
  15. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Wonderfully done with the Cella and the Ace.
    I mentioned last month that the Cella would not be making an appearance until June. It get the call for my next two shaves. Looking forward to it.

Hogie, jgreenepa, brit and 1 other person like this.
  16. Trigger

Thanks Jeff! I have always said that using lapping films is the easiest and least expensive way to hone razors.

jgreenepa and brit like this.
  17. Trigger

I appreciate that very much. However, I was planning on going to visit Pasteur's in the city this summer. Unfortunately, the price of gas is ridiculous. I wanted to make a trip to see my nephews. One lives in Frederick, Maryland and the other in Charlotte NC. If you remember, I attended my nephew's wedding last June !ND would have stopped by on my way home, but you were out of commission at that time. Charlie agrees that we will meet one day. I also know a married couple in Charlotte so that's another reason why I would go there. I have a friend in Minneapolis and it looks like he may be engaged. He moved from NY. So, I do have places to travel.

18. Trigger

Thanks Joe. As you know, Cella is just an awesome product.

19. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Well, thank you. I'm just pleased the cut was controlled for the most part by the surprisingly cold 2nd pass(the one that took place inside the meat locker, lol). But you're right-for the most part it was good. :)

Hogie, JACarbone, jgreenepa and 2 others like this.
  20. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Right, I must find a way to ease up and then make that a habit.

Hogie, JACarbone, jgreenepa and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.