June 2022 30 Day Rule/Focus and Discussion. All Are Welcome!

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Trigger, May 31, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Thank you Joe. Let’s shoot for the week of July 4.

brit and Trigger like this.
  2. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

That's fine with me.

brit and JACarbone like this.
  3. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Oh no, this was many years ago. I think after two or three shaves, I flipped the thing. The feature was coconut-I felt like I was shaving with confetti. But I can't deny that I was pleased at how soft and fresh my face and neck felt. It was a Stephan product, after all. I ordered it as a package with the Bay Rum A.S.

brit, JACarbone and Trigger like this.
  4. Paul Turner

Well that's strange. I was sure I saw a few Hub City offerings on SN. They aren't there now, unless someone can do a better job than me of finding them. Hogie, you say SN is running low on some items...maybe the Hub City stuff got sold.

JACarbone, brit, Hogie and 1 other person like this.
  5. brit

brit in a box

thank you Joe.glacial shave tomorrow..:):eatdrink047:

JACarbone, Paul Turner and Trigger like this.
  6. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

25th June 2022.

forest fresh 1 - Copy.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Lynx Africa Body Wash.

Pre:
    Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
    Pears Transparent Bar Soap + bloom water.
    Brush: Yaqi 24mm Naples Tuxedo Synthetic.
    Bowl Lather.
    Bowl : Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
    Lather: The Body Shop Maca Root & Aloe Shaving Cream.
    Blade: Mers Super-shave X. (D1)
    Razor: Parker 55SL Semi-Slant.

Cold water face & head wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./ Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Superdrug Forest Fresh ASL./Nivea Men Fresh Moisturising Gel.

(Face & Head Shave.)

A new eclectic shave set up to start the weekend...Its been a while since i last used the Parker 55SL Semi-Slant of which i will be using with all my SOTD's for this week to re-acquaint myself to it.

The Chinese made Mers SuperShave X i haven't used in some time, another blade that isn't the most aggressive, but very smooth for me and pairs together perfectly with the Parker 55SL Semi-Slant making a smooth efficient duo.
    The Body Shop Maca Root & Aloe shaving cream never fails to provided me with a smooth protective slick lather in no time leaving a superb post shave feel.

A enjoyable close comfortable face & head shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Nivea Men Fresh Moisturising Gel.

My face & precious swede are feeling silky smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

JACarbone, brit, ewk and 2 others like this.
  7. Hogie

Hogie Well-Known Member

I like the slant too. It has been a while since I shaved with it tho.
    Parker has a few nice razors.

Fine shave, Barry!

8. Trigger

Awesome shave Barry! Have an awesome day as well my friend!

9. palmolive fox

:signs001: Joe.

JACarbone, brit and Trigger like this.
  10. palmolive fox

:signs001: Gary...I have a great fondness for my Parkers. :happy088:

11. Hogie

Hogie Well-Known Member

I almost used my Parker 87R today but, I grabbed the New Model Long Comb open comb Gillette. Pleasant shave with the new soap.

Soap - Santa Maria del Fiore Sapone da Barba
    Pre-shave - Proraso Blue
    Razor - Gillette open comb Long Comb with Astra Platinum blade (1st)
    Thayers is a constant along with the Pinaud Vanilla AS

This is my first time using this soap. It is a cream or soft soap so, I did not bloom. I used the mini spoon to scoop a dollop. Very nice and slick. I had an effortless 3-pass shave. I did manage to open back up the cut on my neck. I am going to have to avoid that spot to let it heal! Minimal cleanup with minor feedback from the alum bar. The Thayers is always nice. Aloe & Witch Hazel.

I am off to ride the bike today. Harley dealer has free burgers on Saturdays if weather is nice. It's going to get hot today.

I hope all have a fine shave and Saturday!

DSCN7780.JPG

Paul Turner, JACarbone, brit and 3 others like this.
  12. Trigger

June 25 SOTD.

Good Morning

20220624_210450.jpg

Shavette Shave #371
    Dovo Shavette
    Personna Hairshaper Blade (12)
    MrEE LE #10 Cashmere Brush
    Angora Soaps Midnight Lavender SS and AS
    Maggard's Alum Block
    Dickinson's Witch Hazel
    Beard Growth: 37 hrs

Glad to have a shavette shave once again. It's been awhile. Evan's brush did an awesome job whipping up the soap to a creamy, slick lather. This wonderful scent just wafted through the air as I was loading my brush.

Did a 2.5 pass without errors for a BBS shave. This Personna blade is still going strong after 12 shaves. I usually bin the blade at about 15-16 shaves. Anyway, I did get some alum feedback, but it was fine. After the witch hazel application, I gave myself a double splash of the matching aftershave. Did I mention that I really like this scent. Lol! Have a great day!

13. Hogie

Hogie Well-Known Member

Very nice shave, Joe! I too like lavender. I have not used it in a while.
    Tomorrow I want to use the Feather DX again. I hope I have not forgotten how to shave with it!

14. Trigger

Terrific shave Hogie! Have a nice time at the dealer eating free hamburgers. Just be careful and avoid trading in your Harley for a new one. You know there is no such thing as a free lunch. :rofl:

15. Trigger

Thanks Hogie. At first, I thought lavender was strictly a feminine scent, but I was wrong. @Primotenore Maestro clued me on on lavender and the rest is history. There are many different lavender scents and I have only experienced two of them and they are both great.

16. Hogie

Hogie Well-Known Member

I have 3 different lavenders. TOBS, Castle Forbes, and a puck from Classic Shaving that I have not used yet. The puck is really strong and I cannot wait to use it. I have those 3 new soaps now that came yesterday. All look to be more cream than hard soap. I used one today. It gives me practice creating lather with the cream. Some are harder to work with than others.

JACarbone, brit and Trigger like this.
  17. Trigger

TOBS and Castle Forbes are reputable brands. I am not sure about Classic Shaving.

JACarbone, brit and Hogie like this.
  18. Trigger

This is the scent description of Angora Soaps Midnight Lavender.
    Lavender is one of the most tranquil and relaxing fragrance known, and that's why I like it so much. Our midnight Lavender is a perfect blend of Lavender, bergamot, with a deep heart notes of rose, jasmine, orange blossom, sandalwood, musk, and amber.

19. Hogie

Hogie Well-Known Member

I am going to use my lavender tomorrow! Prolly the TOBS. Or maybe I will mix the two! :)

Castle Forbes & TOBS

Trigger, JACarbone and brit like this.
  20. Paul Turner

Real nice shave this morning. It's going to be quite hot this week-end, thus the Stoylin Glacial(Electric Sheep)was the right choice for today(tomorrow too, for that matter.) I did a one-minute load, as the soap worked in concert with the Stoylin brush. Looked good and white and ready to go. Solid paint job all around. Shave-time. Cheeks&sideburns checked in, as did both sides of Porcupine Alley(I was glad to fix yesterday's problem of not enough shaving at NW Porcupine). Cactus was great. My second day of Clubman Gent's Gin. Probably went too much too hard with it,, but it's calming down now. Easy does it on that aftershave! Pierre Cardin cologne to complete an Outta This World Excellent shave

Last edited: Jun 25, 2022
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.