June 2022 30 Day Rule/Focus and Discussion. All Are Welcome!

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Trigger, May 31, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kjbarth

kjbarth Well-Known Member

Thanks guys. Next shave in July with my straights.

2. Hogie

Hogie Well-Known Member

Yep! I get my best lather when I use my lather bowl. Blending the creams and soaps makes it even richer!
    You gots some really nice cream there, Joe! ;)

JACarbone, Trigger and brit like this.
  3. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Thast's the strange part-looking in at the puck, it appeared there was an equal amount of both. That led me to be surprised that it looked like more soap was being applied to my face and neck. Perhaps more soap than water was being scooped up by the brush.

JACarbone, Hogie and brit like this.
  4. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

:signs001:Gary.

JACarbone, Trigger and brit like this.
  5. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

Superb end of the month face & dome shave Joe...The dependable cella either soap or cream always provides a wonderful lather for both face or bowl lathering....
    My favourite lather for dome/head shaving is The Body Shop Maca Root & Aloe Shaving Cream... It doesn't get top marks for it's scent, but for performance, it's absolutely superb, especially for dome/head shaving.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2022
  6. Hogie

Hogie Well-Known Member

New purchase. The silver one I got first was not opening and closing well and was sticking even after cleaning. I put some oil in the moving parts and it finally loosened up and stopped sticking. This gold or brass color one looks well cared for and came with a blade holder and 2 vintage GEM blades. I will have to try this new one out tomorrow and start a fresh blade. :)

DSCN7944.JPG DSCN7954.JPG DSCN7950.JPG

ewk, JACarbone, Trigger and 1 other person like this.
  7. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

That's great you got an instruction book for it :).

Trigger, Hogie and brit like this.
  8. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Thanks Gary. It takes me maybe 2 to 3 min longer to bowl lather than face lather. It does give a creamier lather because you are incorporating more air into the water and soap mixture. The same principle applies with soft-serve ice cream and soft-serve yogurt.

brit and Hogie like this.
  9. brit

brit in a box

cool new set Gary.:cool:

Trigger and Hogie like this.
  10. Trigger

That is great. I will do a straight shave video this weekend.

11. Trigger

Thanks Hogie. Tbh, I am really a newbie to howl lathering. In the past 3 and a half years, if I bowl lathered 20 times, then that's a lot.

12. Trigger

Thanks Barry! Cella is just flat out terrific any way you lather it.. Yes, I have heard that The Body Shop Macca Root and Aloe Shaving Cream is an excellent choice for headshaving.

palmolive fox and brit like this.
  13. Trigger

Wonderful pickups! I wish you many great shaves with them Hogie.

palmolive fox, Hogie and brit like this.
  14. brit

brit in a box

:):eatdrink047:.i can also get more water as needed into the mix without making a sloppy suds flinging mess.;)

Trigger and Hogie like this.
  15. Hogie

Hogie Well-Known Member

This one has a smooth tray with no bumps so, I may not be able to use it without a shim.

EDIT: I just put a blade in it and it looks fine so, I will give a try tomorrow.

brit and Trigger like this.
  16. Trigger

I hear you, but when the lather flies, then you know it's really hydrated and slick. Besides, it's good to get in touch with the little kid in us.

palmolive fox, brit and Hogie like this.
  17. Hogie

Hogie Well-Known Member

I seem to always have lather flying around! :bounce017:

18. brit

brit in a box

i hear you..:):eatdrink047:

palmolive fox, JACarbone and Trigger like this.
  19. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

627956BE-EECB-482D-92DA-D4FB9239AC02.jpeg

SRS # 713

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: AJ Jordan Old Faithful Cocolobo scales
    Brush: Sawdust Creation Studio “Inferno” Silver Fox Synthetic
    Lather: Van Yulay Royal Oudh
    Aftershave: Wholly Kaw King of Oud
    Additional Care:
    Stirling Alum Block
    Humphreys Cucumber Melon Witch Hazel
    Stirling Unscented Glacial Balm

This shave does not fall into the categories of a Gemini shave for Two reasons. First, it is the first shave with this combination on the last day of June. Second, the sample has met the fate of the Edmund Fitzgerald.

The A J Jordan straight did a spectacular job removing this morning’s growth. My face is extremely smooth and free of any mishaps or delayed weepers. I do enjoy the Oud scent. This splash is not overwhelming and leaves a nice scent that I pick up whiffs for a good part of my day.

I know Joe, @Trigger, probably is cooking up some smoking hot theme for the month of July. I have not decided on a theme as of yet. I know I have until around 8 AM tomorrow however I am leaning towards one of the following:
    “JustOneJuly” - use the same set up for the entire month of July. This would include everything in the shave. (Disclaimer: I did this several years ago. If you like variety like I do, this can be a little redundant by the time you get to the end of the month. Of course, this would be in line with the 30DC focus.)

“JustOneJulySoap - Use the same soap for the entire month or until it meets the fate of the Edmund Fitzgerald. Everything else in the shave is subject to change.

“JustOneJuly Soap Weekdays” - Same scenario as above but the weekends allow for shaver’s choice.

“JustOneJulyRazor” - Self explanatory.

“JustOneJulyUntiPaulPosts - Shave with one of Paul’s, @Paul Turner, favorite goo combination. (Of course for me the goo would be a downer. So I guess if I choose this option, I would be a the mercy of Paul’s willingness to get on with posting a picture already. :happy097: Now I believe Paul is a terrrific guy, so I do not think he would let me suffer to long.

Okay gentlemen, free free to chime in on which option you believe I might pick.
    Have a great day gentlemen.

ewk, Hogie, brit and 1 other person like this.
  20. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

20220629_064456.jpg
    Wednesday's and today's shaves.

Razorock SLOC ver. 2.0 head on a Delrin handle.
    Astra SP blade.
    Derlin handle brush with synthetic knot.
    Soap Commander Fortitude shave soap.
    Timeless Razor shave bowl.
    Irish Chestnut by Andy Hilfiger.

Awesome shaves with the Razorock SLOC. It has an aluminum head and balances out great with the DIY Delrin handle.

I am thinking about doing a four head focus next month using all of my self lubricating open comb razor heads.

Grill time!

20220629_182359.jpg
    Left to right...

Grand Shave King
    PAA - The Ascension (aluminum)
    Razorock SLOC v. 2.0
    Yaqi Melon

Take care everyone!

palmolive fox, ewk, Hogie and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.