Just ordered a silvertip Brush

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by Hayter, Feb 5, 2013.

1. michael54

michael54 Well-Known Member

Grr I'll be waiting for the mail like a kid waiting for Santa lol. I also plan on pulling the trigger on a new razor tonight. But I'm still torn between the ej89lbl and merkur futur. Really want the future but if I go ej I can get some soaps and creams to go with my new brush razor combo. And stay under my preset budget lol. If I go futur I'll probably buy the soaps anyways haha. Wanna try trumpers violet. And tsds cool commando scent. And to think I got into this to save money lol

2. Hayter

Hayter Active Member

Congrats on the purchase and enjoy your new brush when you get it. I love mine. lol

When I ordered my brush from Whipped Dog, it was on a friday if i recall correctly. When i contacted him through email, he told me it would take a few days for him to put it together and then a few days to ship. I got an email from him within a few days saying that it had already shipped. Total time i think was about a week. It was well worth the wait, as the brush is fantastic! I really cannot say enough good things about the brush.

Holds a lot of water, lathers up really quickly, perfect amount of backbone, and its soft with just enough scratch to it to face lather like a champ if I dont want to use the bowl.

3. michael54

It was definitely a pleasure dealing with him. I messed up my order and called he returned my call and emailed me the correction promptly. So pleased with the customer service that if the brush is half as good I'd still be completely satisfied. I'm the kind of guy that usually likes to pay more for good customer service

4. Hayter

Hayter Active Member

yeah he is deffiantely there to make sure you are pleased with what you order and will work with you on what you want. I would and will order from him again. I just need a reason to buy another brush. LOL.

5. michael54

you lol my fiance is threatening to take inventory of my stuff due to massive additions of shaving products over the past few weeks

6. Hayter

Hayter Active Member

LMAO! fortunately i dont have one of those to worry about. I just dont think i need another brush after buying this last one though. Its the soaps I cant stop buying. lol

7. michael54

I still wanna get a semogue boar. Or omega then I'll be done except soaps and creams. I'd love a few more razors but I think 4 is enough.

8. Hayter

Hayter Active Member

I gotta admit, those semogue brushes are very nice looking. are they really worth the price?

9. michael54

No idea lol but ppl on here love em it seems so probably. I'll probably just get an omega though

10. Hayter

Hayter Active Member

yeah i hear a lot of good things about those as well.

11. Hayter

Hayter Active Member

Did your brush come in yet? How do you like it?

12. michael54

No I received a payment confirmation and that was it. My pyrate cove soap is on its way though I received my shipped confirmation this morning

13. Hayter

Hayter Active Member

Hmmm. thats not good. No tracking or shipment inforamation was sent? That sux. The soap is awesome!

14. michael54

It shipped today I sent Larry an email he responded promptly and its in the mail. That guy sure is busy lol

15. Hayter

Hayter Active Member

nice! yeah I am sure he is busy making the brushes. It seems a lot of people like his products.

16. FireLion1983

FireLion1983 Member

My brush just came in and I shaved using it today - wow, it was awesome! No scratchy, scritchy feel from my cheapy boar brush, just soft bristles and lots of lather!

Hayter likes this.
  17. Hayter

Hayter Active Member

Congrats on the new brush and enjoy! I know I love mine. I use it almost every day. lol

18. azhawk0516

azhawk0516 New Member

24/45 sounds like a perfect set up for a silvertip. You still have the softness, but better backbone over a higher loft silvertip. Congrats.

19. Doryferon

Doryferon Well-Known Member

For face lathering i presume.

Hayter likes this.
  20. JRod22

JRod22 Well-Known Member

I really like the 22/47 combo of my whipped dog silver tip.