Kent ROCKS!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by Michael, Sep 4, 2007.

1. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

As we all did, I read Will's saga of his broken BK8 and how G.B. Kent wasn't going to make good on it. That just didn't seem right to me so I decided to write to Vanessa Peters, Kent's Import/Export Service Manager. Went on and on about how I thought it was a mistake for them to handle it this way, bad for image (and future sales) etc. Guess I struck a chord since a couple of days later, Will and I received an email from dear Vanessa saying that she would, in fact, replace his brush.

The next day, I got a note from her asking for my address...MY address, not Will's. I was kind of in a rush so I sent it to her, but asked her if she didn't mean Will's? Didn't think to ask why she wanted mine.

A couple of you posted comments as to how you'd been swayed by the fact that they had changed their tune so I let her know about that turn of events. Also asked why she wanted my address. She thanked me for my comments, but didn't answer my question. I wrote again and said - "You aren't going to tell me WHY, are you?" Her reply? "No!" No signature, no embellishment, just "No!"

Okay, her sense of humour matches mine! ;) I figured it was going to be a surprise - for being a nice guy, she was going to send me a tube of cream or a toothbrush or something. Nice gesture.

Well, today, Vanessa's "nice gesture" arrived from the UK. No cream, no toothbrush. The box was larger! No note from Vanessa either. Just a box.

That's okay though... :D

Attached Files:

2. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

IS that a BK4 in ebony :confused::confused::confused:

:drool

3. Will

Will Nevermind

:drool:drool:drool

WTT BK8 and BK8 (chipped) for that! :drool

4. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

Not a chance, I call dibs.

Michael, we want more info, and we want it NOW :D Please :o

5. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

I knew there was a reason I put a BK4 back into my wish list along with a BK8. What is that dark mistress of brushes?

6. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

The sticker on the bottom of the handle says it's a BLK4. A search of their website turned up nothing so I assume it's a new offering that they just aren't ready to go live with yet. Or maybe I have the only one!!! :D

Awesome, ain't it?!

7. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

:whacky084

'nuff said ::

8. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

OK, we know he lives in CT. Can we track him down? :D

9. Sejanus

Sejanus New Member

That brush is just... wow! :eek:

No good deed goes unrewarded obviously!

10. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

Sick Doc on 'em.....bust his thumbs and take the brush. He won't be able to use it after his thumbs are busted anyway :cool:

11. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

You mean, Doc, the one who has a new BK8 because of me? That Doc?

12. Bronco

Bronco Mac Daddy

Michael that is absolutely fabulous looking! I love my BK4 but I'd love one more in black. Let's see.....Vanessa sent you that knowing you would share with us to tempt us and we would all want one resulting in Kent selling a billion brushes..right?

13. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

Yes, that Doc. He'll do it for the BLK4.

Its a dog eat dog world ;)

14. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

Weren't we looking for custom brush suggestions? :D

15. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

Ya think?

So, do you want one? :cool: When I write to thank her (and to PROPOSE!) I could tell her how many she's gonna need!

Umm, is it considered in bad taste to propose via email?

16. Bronco

Bronco Mac Daddy

As Dr. Phil would say - only if it is true love and not just brush lust.:D

That's a +1 for me.:D

17. Leisureguy

Leisureguy Read My Blog

Man, that's a beautiful brush. FWIW I have a Kent BK4 that I really love. I lather on my beard, and it works great with both soap and cream.

18. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

It does work well, doesn't it, Michael? I may have to sell a few brushes now though. Lately, I've been using my BK4 3 or 4 days a week. Now that I have this one too...when am I going to use the others?!

19. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Yep. I have his address. :D

Can I get mine in pink? Would that be a PNK4? :D

20. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

Only if I can have one in Jade.