Kent Rules!!!

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by Michael, Feb 8, 2007.

1. madmedic

madmedic Resistance Is Futile

I had used it before. It has been a long running promotion......perhaps it has come to an end

2. Padron

Padron Active Member

I just tried to use the coupon, It is still working for me....Might have to buy a new brush....

3. madmedic

I have it on good authority......works in the US...not in the UK.

4. Stubble

Stubble Member

I've followed a lot of brush threads, and seems to me, when a brush is called "floppy", that kills it. Vulfix are not bad brushes for the money, actually a good value. But, hardly any one talks about them, cuz they got labeled "floppy", just like the Kents. Too bad really, I think they are all good brushes.

5. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

Right you are, Ken! I still want to try a Kent. I have the Vulfix 2234, and it is sorta soft, but I really like it. But yeah, you see "floppy" in a thread, and that brush is ostracized like a Greek tyrant!

6. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

Seem to recall saying this before...I love my Kent!!! The BK8 is awesome! :happy088 Oh wait, I started this thread...;)

7. Stubble

Stubble Member

Although, in defense of the Kent brushes, without exception everyone uses the word "luxurious" to describe the feel of a Kent on your face. Personally, I think 'floppiness' is a poor choice of words. Flexible or supple is probably better, floppy just conjers up some real negative images. Too bad really, some of these comments have destroyed the reputations of some of these brushes.

8. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

Not to get off topic here, but is it just me or do any of the rest of you find that the B&B Finest feels and performs like a BK8? I really have a hard time telling the difference. Both are beautiful brushes, both have about the same bloom size (the Kent is a bit larger), both have a luxurious feel to them, both splay out with just the slightest pressure - yet the Kent is considered "floppy" and the B&B is not. What's up with that?! I honestly believe that in a blindfolded comparison test, aside from the weight of the handle (B&B is MUCH heavier!), I'd have a very hard time distinguishing between the two!

Since I love my Kent (or have I already said that somewhere? ;)), I guess that means I love my B&B too! I expected that it would feel quite a bit more dense, what with the 20% extra and all, but it really doesn't. My only real gripe is that I now have two brushes that feel the same to my face.

Contrasting opinions welcome...

9. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

As a follow up to the above, I've read this elsewhere, but really didn't give it much credence. The B&B brush truly does seem to get better with each shave! Can't quite put my finger on why or what's different, but something seems to be. It really is a VERY nice brush, not to mention drop-dead gorgeous!

Oh, and so I won't be accused of flaunting the fact that I have one and you don't, I believe there are a couple for sale on the B&B forum if anyone's interested.

(I know, I know...this is a Kent thread. But I started it, so I'll detour if I want!) :D

10. madmedic

Keep talking....you may save me some money!

I have the B&B in Finest....but haven't used it yet. I got the SMFIII first and Really like it so I haven't had the motivation to move on.

11. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

:signs136

Hmmm - I just had an idea....how about a trade: my B&B06 Ltd. Ed Silvertip to round out your collection, against your Kent :cool:

12. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

Nice try, Joe...now read my "custom title" and see avatar. I said it was NICE...let's not get carried away here!

13. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    But I've not tried a Kent - maybe your brush could convert me :D ;)

14. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

No! No! No! I'm NOT selling the Kent! :D

In fact, I was expecting my new BK4 to arrive today. No luck though. Monday, probably. Maybe I should start a new thread..."Have you received....?" :rofl:rofl

15. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

Who said anything about you selling it? :confused: :taunt005:D

16. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

Keep trying...

17. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

18. madmedic

Unless you live in the UK:mad:

19. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

20. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

Yeah, I remember. That was for Joe though. Tell you what...I'll ask Vanessa what the odds are of getting you the discount. She'll probably say no, but hey - worth a shot.