Keto-ish breakfast

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by gorgo2, Mar 10, 2019.

1. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

I had blood work done during my annual physical this past summer. I began my diet and exercise program on the same day. Without going into a lot of detail, I was "borderline" on pretty much everything that was bad. I was retested four months later, and my doctor described my blood test results as "beautiful." My cholesterol, for example, dropped from the 190's to the 160's. For me, it was all due to moving more and eating smarter. I've been fairly consistent since then, so I can't wait to have my blood work repeated again this summer.

I realized two other benefits as my weight started to come off...no more acid reflux and no more sleep apnea. Just those two things have made it worthwhile. I praise God for placing me in the path of my Godly doctor, my supportive and encouraging Bride, and an army of supportive friends.

I think you'll be really glad to have the information from your initial bloodwork.

brit, Erik Redd and gorgo2 like this.
  2. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Down 3 lbs in about a week and a half. Woke up from a 13+ hour fast, not hungry yet. Still learning to listen to the stomach, not the tastebuds.

BigMark83, brit and wristwatchb like this.
  3. BigMark83

BigMark83 [...........] this space intentionally left blank

What about the mood? I get moody when I'm hungry.

brit likes this.
  4. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Mood is fine when blood sugar stabilizes. Hunger becomes more a factor than appetite.

brit likes this.
  5. BigMark83

BigMark83 [...........] this space intentionally left blank

So what causes one to be moody? And how does one fix it?

brit likes this.
  6. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Blood sugar spikes and crashes from typically high carb intake, mostly. Low carb/keto avoids it.

brit likes this.
  7. Steveclarkus

Steveclarkus Well-Known Member

I generally have three or four eggs and a bunch of salt bacon around noon. If I eat breakfast, I generally have a light supper

brit likes this.