King Of Shaves AlphaGlide ALS (Advanced Lubrication System)

Discussion in 'Shaving Cream Reviews' started by hyperwarp, Sep 24, 2007.

1. hyperwarp

hyperwarp New Member

I have used products similiar to this in the past, mainly, Creamo+Creme but
    this new product from KOS take's modern formulation to a whole new level.

I was stunned & shocked after my normal 3 passer + mini TU. I rinsed my face in the cold dip, nothing was there anymore. I kept cold splashing & fingertipping & still nothing there. Had I lost the nerves in my fingertips? That
    would be bad, real bad.

I started rubbing my alum block over my triple shaved skin. Again, nothing. No
    sensation. No alum healing razor burn sting. Nuttin'. O Jeez, had I lost my
    facial nerves along with my fingertip nerves? I was vastly relieved when I absent mindedly passed the alum over the corner of my mouth & got hit by
    the ol'Sour...TG, at least I could still taste.

I ran some red hot water & it singed my hands. TG, my nerves hadn't gone out on me. I pinched my face. TG, I felt it. Am telling you, I was reliefed to
    still have a central nervous system that was working & in good order.

What I didn't have was I didn't have no WHISKERS, not a one. I squirted a
    l'il Thayers Rose Witch around & followed that up with some fancy dancy sea-kelp infused A/S balm. As I was rubbing the balm in, I just couldn't stop
    rubbing my face. Especially the right side of my neck under my jaw, it had
    never been this S-M-O-O-T-H. This was like a Million Pass smooth.

I've never faceturbated like I have tonight. Remember when you were a Teenie-Bopper & you'd lucked into rubbin' yer 1st "smoothie"???? Ya didn't
    ever wanna stop? LOL, Shave with this stuff & you'll re-experience some of
    your finer, most rubbing moments. Then, you'll recoil in shock 'n horror as
    you realize that you're faceturbating...ALL THE WAY !!!

This product is truly Incredible.

It's easy to use, too easy. That's one of it's aesthethic "drawbacks". Like
    Creamo+Creme you just rub it in (this is the start of a long spell of face rubbing). After each pass, wet your hands & rub'em on your face. That's it.
    No brush involved & we all know that a brush is a good thing.

Another aesthethic drawback is that this is a GOO not a cream or a soap.
    But, lemme tell'ya, it's GOOD GOO. The best.

Another drawback is that this stuff probably causes face cancer or something. I posted the ingredients list below & it's full of scary unknowns.
    Also this was not tested on animals....I wanna know why? Were they afraid
    that the animals would die or get face cancer or big boils all over them?

Another potential drawback (for you, not for me) is it's scentless. So I gave it a 10 on scent, since it's supposed to be scentless & it is. So if yer looking to smell like a Tangelo or some other fruit, this is not a product for you (altho it squeezes out Orange, but rubs in white).

Another drawback is that this product is for SENSITIVE SKIN. So if you don't have sensitive skin you're not allowed to use it.

Bottom line: This Goo will take you beyond your puny BBS into the realm of
    EMS (Eunuch Mug Smooth). Now that's smooth. I could think of a few other of our favorite smoothie things to compare it too but since this is a gentlemanly board I better not....The question is how smooth do you want or dare to get?

Birdcage Liner Notes:

1) Brushless. Don't even try. Might ruin your brush.

2) Ingredients....scary or not scary? No better or worse than any other Goo?Altho there is a lotta of GOOD STUFF in the ingredient list: You be da'Judge:

Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Aloe Barbadensis leaf juice, Sodium laureth sulfate, Glycerin, Acrylates / C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, Nylon-12, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) seed oil, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) leaf oil, Eucalyptus Globulus leaf oil, Mentha Viridis (Spearmint) leaf oil, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) oil, Cinnamomum Camphora (Camphor) bark oil, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl acetate, Agar, Cocamidopropyl betaine, Benzophenone-4, Polyquaternium-1, Polyacrylamide, Allyl methacrylate crosspolymer, Propylene glycol, Limonene, Mica, Titanium dioxide (CI 77891), Triethanolamine, Magnesium nitrate, Magnesium chloride, Phenoxyethanol, Methyldibromo glutaronitrile, Benzyl alcohol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Orange 4 (CI 15510), Red 40 (CI 16035).

3) Special Ingredient which differentiates this product from the competition: LubriNyl-12 which according to KOS acts like a micro-thin layer of ball bearings on the skin which virtually eliminates razor drag and gives optimum razor glide. After using it, I agree. Almost totally razor burn free shave as attested to by the alum bar.

4) Price for 175 ml tube. Saw it at Sesto-Sento for $11. Bought it at drugstore.com for $5.99 (maybe less, don't remember exactly). The product
    is not yet readily available in the USA. I checked Target & CVS which carry KOS but they didn't have the "new" ALS in stock.

5) I'm not gonna give up my brush, for sure, but am definitely going to use this about once a week and whenever I'm in a super rush to clean up & get out of the house.

Guess, I'll be offering my remaining Creamo+Cream up for sale.

Discussion thread for this gooey stuff is here: http://www.theshaveden.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3042

2. zwaldo

zwaldo New Member

i must agree

I'm very very new, about 15 shaves with a feather popular DE with lords blades. I didn't get this orange goo but the kings of shave blue goo. I tried to lather a dim of it in a bowl and wasn't impressed at first. the foam just melted off. tried it again with less water, alittle better. so i ringged out the tweezerman, put a bit more than a dime on the brush and just lathered on my face and added very very little water to get a very very thick lather.

looking back, this makes sense since it's a brushless gel.

I got the smoothest shave in my shaving history. I did have 2 nicks, but that's very common for me as I'm new and shave quickly. But they where very small, stopped with cold water. I usually get a lot more, and have to use my pencil sometimes :p

I do have to say that though it is scent less, and dosen't smell after you wipe your face off after the shave. It does smell a bit while in lather form. IT's not terrible....but it's no where near great smelling. I guess i'm giving it a 9 because i've been using leather neck from tgq while after using anything from tgq, the scent while shaving (not so much after) all of a sudden makes it a great part of having a great shave.

I can also say that this could be less expensive. for 5 clams + I though it was expensive for the market. I got mine at target where they had a menthol version (green) and regular (blue) but no orange. it was right next to the edge infusion cream that was only 350 ish. I picked it up first and went back for this, which i'm glad I did, because it did give me the closest, most comfortable shave to date. What i'm saying is, if they lowered the price a bit, and came out with some scented versions they would have a lot more buyers.