KMF without a brush

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by bittermormon, May 1, 2012.

1. bittermormon

bittermormon Active Member

My first wetshave was with KMF lime. I liked it because I could get it locally and I liked the scent. As I have experimented with other creams and soaps I've found that while it lathers up well, it's not very slick and doesn't seem to offer me any protection. I've tried wetter lather, drier lather...nothing helped so it sat in my cabinet ignored.

Fast forward to this morning, I had slept in and was really rushing this morning. I was thinking of trying to use my DE with a can of Edge gel to see if it would work in a pinch and there was my KMF. I used it with out a brush, just one pump and rubbed all over my beard. It felt almost as slick as the Arko that I love, plus the lime scent was more pronounced. I used 3 pumps, one for each pass and got a great, close shave. There was also zero cleanup.

I know most of us love the ritual of creating lather and working it into our beards, but keep this in mind. This might become my new weekday shave.

2. tomnat

tomnat accepting applications

If that works for you, go for it. Sometimes you just never know something will work until you try. You know what they say, "necessity is the mother of invention." Glad you found something that lets you enjoy your shave.

3. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

I prefer it with a brush, but I have used it without while traveling. I keep a tube of unscented to rescue a rare bad lather. I do like the key lime scent, IMHO the best of the KMF line.

4. FortWayneShaver

FortWayneShaver There's a tear in my beer

I have been using KMF lately, and think that it works best if it is mug-lathered rather than face-lathered. Have yet to try it without a brush.

5. johnus

johnus Well-Known Member

KMF?? Not familiar with the name.

6. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

It stands for "Kiss My Face." It's an excellent shave cream (I prefer to use a brush - it lathers up great). I can get it at ShopRite and Wegman's.