KureNai shavette (Feather Artist Club clone)

Discussion in 'Straight Razors' started by Tux61, Mar 13, 2020.

1. Tux61

Tux61 Guest

Today I received my KureNai (GF33S) shavette. It has an unbranded blade inside, looks like a guarded blade.
    Does some one know if this blade is safe to use or is it better to use right away my Dorco or Schick blades?

The razor looks very well made and feels sturdy.
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000194006053.html

Gr. Tux61

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2020
    rs_776 likes this.
  2. Slash McCoy

Slash McCoy Well-Known Member

Supporting Vendor
    Try it and see.

danbuter likes this.
  3. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

It looks like a Feather Pro guard blade. Give it a try

4. Tux61

Tux61 Guest

Thx, tuesday I'll give it a try. I'm waiting for the plumber to fix a leaking problem.

Keithmax likes this.
  5. Tux61

Tux61 Guest

A four days growth shave with this razor and blade.
    Don't know if it's because the four days growth but the blade was tugging. Could be this blade is not the best.
    Tomorrow an other try with just a regular 1 days growth shave, see how this turns out.

6. Tux61

Tux61 Guest

1 day growth. Blade has no tugging. Now find out how long this blade will last.

7. rs_776

rs_776 Well-Known Member

What you have is a fixed-handle knockoff of the Kai Zebrano, which is basically Kai's version of the Feather SS (lipped profile).

upload_2020-3-26_16-44-55.png

I have the GF-35 from the same seller. It's a knockoff of Kai Captain folding version but made to take only half-DE blades.

upload_2020-3-26_16-48-0.png

The build quality is excellent, and I love the razor. Given my experience with this seller, I'd have no qualms about buying any of their clones, especially given the low cost/risk.

Enjoy it!