Lampe Berger........oil lamp and more

Discussion in 'Scents' started by shavingidiot savant, Nov 17, 2007.

1. Sejanus

Sejanus New Member

You should have a look to see what local stores carry. There is a store across the street that sells the stuff here.

Saves on shipping time.

2. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

only found one local store here that has them....and didnt have a great selection at all.

Cigar store.....Davidoff

3. Sejanus

Sejanus New Member

Does the official website not have a dealer listing? Being in NY I thought you would have a bunch.

4. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

Didnt see anything....other than one place here.

My zip is 10006 if you wanna help me look :p

5. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    How so?

6. Sejanus

Sejanus New Member

Well.. Online always works in the end.. hehe

7. Padron

Padron Active Member

Got my Lampe Berger today.....Wow...this this pumps out some fragrance.

It can get a little on the strong side though, I can see how it covers up cigars smells easily.

We tried the Jasmine first....Really strong scent, kinda too floral though, but it's not too bad...

8. Sejanus

Sejanus New Member

Make sure you only let it burn for the 1 or 2 minutes.. if you do it any more than that it can really overwhelm.

9. Padron

Padron Active Member

Yea, I let it burn 2 minutes.....almost 1 hour later it still seemed hot and was putting out scent...Impressive...

The scent seems to linger a long time too, I capped it about 1 hour ago, went outside and came back in still smelled pretty strong...

Nice :D

10. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

This should be wonderful for my 500sq ft apartment.....haha

Im kinda scared now

11. Sejanus

Sejanus New Member

I let mine go for 45 minutes at most.. and that is enough for my condo.

12. Padron

Padron Active Member

LOL, it will provide plenty of fragrance for you Isaac..it scented our house quite nicely.

13. Hiya,
    I figured to give you a couple of days to play with your new toy before asking how it's working out. I was waiting for Isaac to post about his as well, but haven't heard anything yet.
    So....whadda ya think? Does it perform as you'd hoped? Have you found the fragrances to be pleasant? I'd think that might be the Achilles heel to this, if there is one. Hehe, it's another of those YMMV sorta things all over again when it comes to how each scent smells to you! Oy veh.......a new can of worms is opened.
    Would you recommend ordering an unscented oil to help cut the scented ones? Any surprises or anecdotes to relate? Just curious, as I have yet to order mine.
    Martin

14. Padron

Padron Active Member

Hi Martin,

We are really liking the new Lampe, the only fragrance we have tried thus far is the Jasmine....It's really nice, although it can get a bit overpowering as it is extremely fragrant and very floral... We will need to try some of the other scents soon though..

I'd say get one, seems like a great way to freshen the air in your home...maybe try some of the less floral scents though unless you really like them..

15. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

Well.....I got mine..and it smells WONDERFUL.

I have 5 scents.

Grapefruit, Lemon Flower, Tangerine Zest, Green Apple, Creme Brulee

I just loaded up the Lampe with Creme Brulee and it smells WONDERFUL. Great deal on the lampe on ebay. 39 bucks for a black round style. PM me if you want the sellers name.

HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT!!!

16. Hi you two,
    Thanks for the info on both performance and a place to buy em. I'm gonna end up getting mine in the next week or so. I may pm you for that seller's name later Issac if you don't mind.
    Glad they worked out for you both,
    Martin

17. rick

rick I'll make ya SCream!

I swear I bought this without reading the thread.....
    I mean, this exact Lampe. How wierd is that ?
    I bought some Heavenly Spruce, you know......for Christmastime :rolleyes:
    This house smells wonderful.
    Reminds me of the B&B cologne.
    These things rock.

18. Sejanus

Sejanus New Member

:rofl Nice Rick!

Subliminal Advertising does it's job once again! :D

19. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

Rick....you wont be disappointed...

On a side note...never leave the lamp uncovered when not using it......it can make it not work :p

20. Hiya,
    I pulled the trigger on a few of those today. One's the same style as Rick's and Kens, only this one's amethyst. It's for my son in law, who loves purple.The other is a pale green one called the 'ottoman, and will be for my daughter in law.
    I'm jacked up about giving these at Christmas, and I thank the various members for their input on this item. Purty little things........
    Martin

Oh......Isaac? I'll pass on your tip about the cap to the lucky recipients.