Lampe Berger........oil lamp and more

Discussion in 'Scents' started by shavingidiot savant, Nov 17, 2007.

1. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

How? ->They gouge you.

I was paying $300 a month for health insurance a couple of years, and haven't been to the doctor aside from checkups in over 7 years. :mad:

2. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

I take care of TONS of people in the ER that never pay a dime....and should be. Real abuse of the system since they dont pay...

3. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    But that's not free health care. :confused:

4. Queen of Blades

I may be wrong, but I believe health care costs are the number one cause for bankruptcy.

I know they are the number one cause for debt in my case. All my debt is health care costs. Not a single credit card.

5. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

Oh yeah, sorry......I read your post wrong. I agree with you

Isaac is the one I should have quoted.

Now how do I get free healthcare? :confused:

6. Queen of Blades

No problem. :)
    Yes, sign me up too!

7. Padron

Padron Active Member

Sign me up too...We pay well over $300 a month for ours.....Very glad we have it though..

Couple of years ago, I got a stomach ache..few hours later I was buckled over and wrenching in pain. :eek:

Turned out I had to be rushed to the hospital as my appendix was pretty close to rupturing..They got it out alright, but I think the costs exceeded $10K, it came on out of the blue and made me very happy I had insurance and only paid $150 out of pocket. ;)

Funny thing is, 8 months prior to my appendix going south my wife had the same thing happen to her.....Must be all the green chile we eat :o :p

We now have 3 small matching scars :)

8. Padron

Padron Active Member

Oh, back on track...glad to hear everyones Lampe Bergers are working well...That Piney scent sounds good Rick :drool

9. Hiya kids,
    Just wanted to mention I received my two Lampes today. One's the same model as Rick and Kens, only this is for a purple lover. The other's the 'Ottoman' style, which I'll include a pic of here.
    Hehe, they're nicely wrapped in the boxes and I hate to disturb the packing since both are gifts. I'm gonna just wait to see em opened on Christmas..........maybe. I do want to make sure they're in good shape, so I'll eventually use that reason to finally open em up and take a look. It's my 'healthy curiosity' that will kick in eventually.
    For many years I'd find nice paperweights to buy my (ex) wife on special occasions. I continued on with that tradition for a while with my daughter as well, but she never really got into it as much as her mom did.There's some real works of art that look especially beautiful with lighted stands to really show em off. Come to think of it, some of these lampes would also look great on a lighted stand of some kind.
    Anyway, I'm just saying that there's so many great looking models to choose from, even if only mostly being used as decorative pieces. Purty little things.
    Martin

Attached Files:

10. Queen of Blades

Has anyone tried making their own oil yet?

I'm too poor and cheap to buy the name brand oil. So, I made some Lavender. Smells great!

I think Blueberry is next. Perhaps........

I have so many scents I can choose from here at home. :D

11. Sejanus

Sejanus New Member

Gotta say I will never try to make my own. I actually follow the directions mostly.. and it tells me not to. :rofl

Plus I can buy the oils fine.. :o

12. Queen of Blades

I'm a rebel. ;)

I think the oil is over-priced for what it is.

13. rick

rick I'll make ya SCream!

I agree with MoM.
    The 'earl is pricey but my concern in making my own would be not having the correct type of oil9s) and somehow mucking up the wick, thus rendering the lampe: worthless.

Keep us posted on your oil JoA:
    Maybe a future item in the store ???

14. Queen of Blades

Is "the 'earl", the oil? :confused:

Ahh......the wick is replaceable, if that happens. But so far it hasn't been a problem for me.

Not sure about the store, but anything is possible. Right?

15. Hi All,
    Funniest thing happened just recently. A tobacco store near my house has started to carry the lamps and assorted scents. The fragrance samples (about 20 of em) are in small perfume bottles that have a roll on dispenser.....so you can get a better feel for what they will actually smell like. They have maybe 12-15 different lamps as well. I really liked the 'Winterwood' for having a nice sandalwood like fragrance. It's great being able to sniff before buying, as y'all might imagine.
    JoAnna? I've heard that the older style wicks are better for burning non Lampe Berge oils. They are supposed to be more forgiving, from what one distributor had told me. Something to keep in mind. Yeah...... it's a pretty good toy.
    Martin

16. sparky5693

sparky5693 Administrator Staff Member

Administrator
    Even if the wicks life was reduced, the cost of the homemade oil is so much less, it would offset the wick cost very fast. We'll have to let JoAnna tell us how much she uses her lamp, versus how long her wick is lasting.

17. Queen of Blades

I've only had my Lampe for almost 10 days now, but so far I've used it 2x everyday for about 2 hours each time, roughly. The wick is still good as of now.

18. Sejanus

Sejanus New Member

Wow.. you are using it a LOT! No wonder you are going through Oil so much.

I use it once a day for 2 minute burn and 40 minute infusion. Any more than that and the whole place would be overwhelmed!

19. Queen of Blades

My place has a very open space floor plan, about 1200 square feet, I'd guess. Either way, the scent hasn't been overwhelming at all.

The New Orleans oil that came with the Lampe lasted about 4 burnings, 2 days.

And the Lavender oil I made is lasting much longer, I think. I've used 8 ozs, over 5 days, 10 burnings.

20. Sejanus

Sejanus New Member

You might find that once you have been using it for awhile you may not need it as often. I know when I bought mine it did a lot of de-ordourizing along with scent producing, but after a good week of solid using the more frequent uses were not needed.