Laser Hair Removal for Thinning Neck Hair

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by TstebinsB, Sep 5, 2007.

1. TstebinsB

TstebinsB Active Member

I've recently started Laser Hair Removal treatment on my neck. I don't want to completely remove the hair. It's very difficult to get the hair completely gone anyway. I just want to thin the hair enough so that when I shave, I won't suffer from as many razor bumps and ingrown hairs.

I have dark skin so I looked up the proper laser to suit my skin color. The person that actually did it is a Registered Nurse with a Day Spa business. Therefore I trusted she would know her stuff. It's only a 15 minute procedure but the laser makes your neck so hot that by the 15th minute your whole head feels like it's on fire. My neck was swollen and I had burnt skin that literally fell off. I was a little worried. Within 48 hours though, my skin looked normal again. The heat kills many skin cells as well so you're skin is rough with a layer dead cells. Shaving is a natural exfoliator so that was quickly resolved.

I decided to shave 3 days after and I know it's only been one procedure but man, this thing is great. Before, I'd have to be perfect to get little to no irritation. I purposely shaved with little care and I have had very little irritation. I've repeated this two more times and I'm still good. I'm going to get the procedure done 2-3 more times and that's it. It's only done once every seven weeks so I have plenty of time to gauge its efficacy.

It costs $125 for the 15 minute procedure. I consider this okay since after 3-4 treatments, the effect is (semi) permanent (everyone's hair genetics is obviously different). Besides, there is no price for clear skin. I'll keep you posted over the next treatments.

2. TstebinsB

TstebinsB Active Member

This was a post I made on B&B. I had the procedure done a month ago and my neck is still thanking me.

3. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

There is no concern that the hair won't grow back?

4. Sejanus

Sejanus New Member

I would be worried about that too. Lasers just give too much of an impression of permanence to it for my taste. But it's nice to know that it works well if that is a choice you are interested in.

5. TstebinsB

TstebinsB Active Member

From everything I've read and been told, you should get 3-4 treatments to get permanent hair reduction and 7-8 treatments for permanent hair removal. Obviously, everyone's genetics are different. I have 3 weeks until my next appt. so we'll see how it goes. I've only had one session and I'm already happy.

6. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

Well, Telly - I'm glad to hear its working for you. Sounds like you've made an informed decision.

7. TstebinsB

TstebinsB Active Member

Thanks Joe!