Last movie you watched?

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by fram773, May 7, 2014.

1. Dansco

Dansco Well-Known Member

Prometheus the other night. Didn't rate it highly.

2. danbuter

danbuter Well-Known Member

3. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Putting this up now, in case I forget. Watching it now..............

ghost_and_mr_chicken_jm00509_l.jpg

RyX and danbuter like this.
  4. David W650

David W650 Active Member

Well I read the book, "THE TALENTED MR. RIPLEY" by Patricia Highsmith so I got the DVD from the library today.

The book was much better but I have to say Matt Damon and Jude Law were quite good in this movie.

5. Hairy Alaskan

Hairy Alaskan eww da toilet

[​IMG]

Pretty much as bad as it sounds.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RyX, sdguero, jimjo1031 and 1 other person like this.
  6. jimjo1031

An all time Sci-Fi classic................

tarantula_poster_02.jpg

RyX and sdguero like this.
  7. sdguero

sdguero Well-Known Member

Watching it now. I'm in Mountain Time Zone. Love these 50s SciFi movies.

RyX and jimjo1031 like this.
  8. Hairy Alaskan

Mediocre movie about the apocalypse.
    I was pretty surprised to see this as rated R. It’s more of a TV movie. Yul Brynner was pretty fit for being 54 or 55 at the time.
    [​IMG]

jimjo1031 and danbuter like this.
  9. Hairy Alaskan

Two bad Italian sci-fi movies.

War of the Planets, about a sentient killing green glow.
    [​IMG]

Snow Devils, about alien abominable snow men like creatures trying to melt the ice caps to flood the earth and then freeze it so their race can take over the planet.
    [​IMG]

jimjo1031, sdguero and RyX like this.
  10. danbuter

danbuter Well-Known Member

Just watched Wonder Woman. I really liked it! A good chunk of the movie was more about WWI spies than supers, and I think it worked well. If you haven't seen it, I recommend it!

sdguero, 24Fanatic365 and RyX like this.
  11. Hairy Alaskan

Tis the season.
    Just finished watching four Christopher Lee Dracula movies from Hammer Studios recently. Dracula Prince of Darkness, Dracula Has Risen from the Grave, Taste the Blood of Dracula, and Dracula A.D. 1972.
    I’m pretty sure I’ve seen almost all of them over the last couple of years now. They’re pretty corny but fun.
    I do like his portrayal of Frankenstein. I think his acting was better in that film but the Dracula flicks are the ones he’s remembered for.

jimjo1031, sdguero and danbuter like this.
  12. 24Fanatic365

24Fanatic365 Active Member

Now that it’s been nearly a month since I posted in here, I’ll just hit the highlights...
    Dunkirk (2017) 9/10
    Spider-Man Homecoming(2017) 9/10
    Spectral (2016) 4/10 yep, that one was a TOTAL waste of time. Perfect example of what happens when you blow 95% of your production budget on CG. Here’s a hint: the script, acting, and story will suffer GREATLY! Hard to believe both this and Stranger Things came from Netflix

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jimjo1031 and sdguero like this.
  13. Hairy Alaskan

[​IMG]
    Fairly depressing documentary about a brief flash in the pan rock “star” from the 70s trying to make a very long comeback.

jimjo1031 likes this.
  14. MoAllen

MoAllen King of Unscented

[​IMG]

The Dark Tower, based on a series of novels by Stephen King.

Not terrible, but not good, either. I don't know anything about the original source material.

The beginning scenes of the movie are intense and gave me the feeling that this was going to be scary and was going to really pull me in. Not so much. I ended up feeling like this movie was shamelessly borrowing from Harry Potter: an ordinary kid having nightmares with some psychic connection to a very evil being who wants destroy everything that is good and descent, but only this kid can stop the evil one. Also borrowing from Lord of the Rings: the innocent one is accompanied by a weary warrior on a journey through a dangerous land of monsters to get the place where he can destroy the evil one. Also borrowing visually from the Matrix: the amazing gun battle scene and effects are nearly an exact copy from that movie.

I wanted to see it through to the end, but ultimately I was disappointed. If there is a sequel (and the ending certainly implied that there will be), I'll pass.

jimjo1031 likes this.
  15. jimjo1031

Another one of my favorite Sci-Fi movies..............

Deadly Mantis.jpg

sdguero likes this.
  16. sdguero

You said it, brother.

Still on here! Loved this movie since I was a kid.

jimjo1031 likes this.
  17. Hairy Alaskan

What an odd movie.
    [​IMG]

Not even sure what I watched with this one. Half gangster movie and half acid trip.
    [​IMG]

jimjo1031 likes this.
  18. sdguero

Last night I decided to pull out a DVD I hadn't watched in several years...
    [​IMG]
    It's not a Western and not a war movie, but it is an excellent story about survival in extreme weather conditions.

jimjo1031 likes this.
  19. sdguero

Today, the wife and I went to a matinee and saw the newly released, Thor Ragnorak. My wife is a huge fan of the Thor, Captain America and Avenger movies. I like them. But while she can watch them repeatedly, I'm good with once... and then maybe wait a couple of years before I see it again. But if you like the genre, you'll enjoy this one.
    [​IMG]

jimjo1031 likes this.
  20. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

The Man I Married (1940) starring Joan Bennett. Not a well-known piece but well-done.

sdguero and jimjo1031 like this.